Which characters you cannot forgive

David C. Hunter

Littlefinger, for the afore mentioned reasons.

Cersei, if for nothing else than raising Joffrey to be such a little shit.

Bowen Marsh and company, for going all Julius Caesar on Jon.

Roose Bolton, none of what Ramsay does is without his permission, or at least knowledge.

Varys and Littlefinger for launching this whole mess. Honorable mention to Jaime and Cersei. At least Jaime is showing signs of remorse or at least regret.

Really? Even when you consider that was necessary for us to be discussing those wonderful books now? :lmao:

Maester Gorghon, for telling a stupid gratuitous story about cock-sucking that has nothing to do with prophesies being treacherous.

Gilly, for raping poor Sam.

Sam, for whining and whining and whining and whining.

Tyrion, for totally sucking.

Chataya, for pimping her own daughter.

Littlefinger, for pimping everyone else's daughters.

Interesting topic!

After reading the first book, I saw that Jaime was going to be a POV character. I thought I'd never get over what he did to Bran, and that I had no interest in his POV. I don't know if I've forgiven him (not that it matters), but I find myself pulling for him now.

Ramsay's just a monster, though, and - as somebody in another thread suggested - Mr. Martin would be the greatest writer on earth if he could redeem him to the readers now.

The Late Walder Frey is somebody else who's end I'm looking forward to.

If Roose Bolton removes Ramsay to protect Fat Walda and her baby I think I'd forget everything else he'd done.

I don't know, I thought that for Arya, walking way from the Hound amounted to a pardon. She is a wolf girl but she carries a grudge like a Tully!

I hated Lysa for her stupidity, but she is a little to pathetic to rate top tier unforgivable.

Joff. If anybody needed killing he did. i just wish Sansa could have gotten Sandor to do it.

Freys(I want them skinned and burned...Lord Ramsay could you help me :devil: )

Tywin Lannister(For being the cause of Robb's death)

Joffrey(For killing Ned and torturing Sansa and made her hate marriage)

And finally Ramsay Bolton himself(for being Ramsay)

Lyssa Tully(for being so stupid and trusting LF)

I can forgive Theon as he had received more than he deserved from Ramsay and he felt remorse for his action and I pity him more than I'm angry with him and as for Jaime and Cersei,if you see from their viewpoint they did what they felt was right-even though it was wrong, and Jaime is redeeming himself as his character progresses while Cersei needs to stop being a bitch and self centered.

Yeah Walder Frey's such a colossal asshole that there's folks who want to see a genocide on his whole massive family tree. THAT's some high quality hate and non-forgiveness. I mean, nobody's so mad at Cersei that they want Myrcella and Tommen to die too (although many assume they will). But Walder Frey? People wanna see him live just long enough to watch all 100 of his relatives precede him into the grave. Pretty strong animosity!

Me personally? I don't think there was any way Joffrey could have died that would have been completely pleasing. He did so much horrible stuff to so many people, much of it going undiscovered, let alone unpunished, that even dying as early as he did feels like he got away with something he shouldn't have. That was a painful and terrifying way to go and yet it still seems like he somehow got off easy. So many people who had reason to wreak revenge on him that there's no way they could all be satisfied. As it is, I pretty much will forgive all members of the Tyrell family for any horrible things they may end up doing in the future just because some of them conspired to take Joff out. Carte Blanche. How unreedemingly awful is Joffrey? Let me put it this way: ACOK breaks down to a big battle between Joffrey and Stannis. Stannis has spent the whole book using black magic to assassinate his enemies and has all but literally made a Satanic Pact to pave his way to power. And he's STILL more likeable than Joffrey. Simply exquisite villain-crafting by GRRM; I merely wish I could write a story with a villain a tenth as good (well, bad) as Joffrey someday.

The characters I believe to be beyond redemption are the textbook psychopaths of the series - Gregor Clegane, Ramsay Bolton, most of the Bloody Mummers.

Euron Greyjoy would also fit this category, I guess, but I'm going to leave him out because he intrigues me, and I want to see more of him. Yeah, an unpopular opinion, I know. :ph34r: Sorry.

For different reasons

Rhaegar Targaryen- Not a terrible person, but most likely either got a case of blind prophecy obsession, or dangerous levels of romanticism. Sure, if it turns out that he and Lyanna actually told the Starks what was going down, I might let him off a little, but until then, I'm going to allow my dislike of him free reign, since he's fictional and all and I don't have to feel bad about it :P Let's chuck Lyanna in here as well (though she gets slightly more slack, being much younger, and probably lacking the level of political education/ awareness that Rhaegar should surely have).

Ramsay Bolton- Let's be honest, the man is a complete monster. He has no redeeming features. He makes some people forget about Roose Bolton in comparison. Roose "I like the look of you, so imma rape you and kill your husband, K?" Bolton.

Of course, Bloody Mummers, Gregor Clegane, etc. can also fall under the above reasoning.

I can't think of too many that are beyond all redemption, or that I don't like to read/ root for despite their actions. I just know I'm overlooking some people, though...

Whilst I'm here, I'll chuck in Marillion for consideration, though. There's not a lot of text on him, but aside from harassing Sansa, and nearly being complicit in her murder, it's heavily implied that he's raped other women and girls in the past, knowing that if they complain, they'll get thrown out of the Eyrie. I admit to just a little smile of satisfaction when Littlefinger did some off-the-cuff framing of him.

for stupidity: Cersei, Rob, Balon Greyjoin ( for attacking the only of the other kings wich don't want to ruel over him to)

Littlefinger for being Littlefinger

Ramsey

The Feys

Theon ( but i feel sorry for him)

i can forgive Gregor because i belive he is ill or mentaly ill (he drink milk of the Poppy against headache like other beer)

I will omit dead characters because they are dead and no longer relevant. Lets see:

Cersei - because she has no soul

Roose Bolton - for being the epitome of pure evil

Ramsay Bolton - For being worse than his father

Bowen Marsh - for being old, scared and stupid

Euron Greyjoy - nasty human being

Victarion Grejoy - same as his brother

The highborn males in Slavers Bay, especially those in Astapor - Slave traders and torturers. May they all be gelded and choked to death on their penises while burning alive.

All male Frey's - Because they are Frey's

I can't forgive Jaime, even though I like his character. He threw a frickin' kid out of a tower without hesitating and has no regrets whatsoever. That's a tough one to say though. I can easily not forgive Cersei, Walder Frey and his accomplices for the RW, Bowen Marsh (you know NOTHING, Bowen Marsh!), Ramsay and Roose (disgusting), Randyll Tarly for treating his son like crap, Marillion for being a disgusting rapist...umm, I'm sure there are plenty of others. Oh, Theon. I really pity him now, but then I just imagine how big of an ass he'd be if he really was in some position of power.

Archived