Stannis Baratheon becoming a Northman

David C. Hunter

Theon won't die he will be taken to the heart trees, but some how he will survive. GRRM has constantly since the Kings Moot been repeating that there is only one way a Kings Moot can be over turned. The precedence case is where the son of the king was off far a away when is father was away and a Kings Moot was held without him, on his return the King that was crowned was murdered and he was crowned in his place. Essentially Theon is needed to overthrow Euron, I don't feel GRRM would mention it so much just to take Theon's head off.

Who will raise the kings moot question is Ahsa, who suggsted behading Theon in ftont of weirdwood.

I

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stannis and Jon are best buds and it's so hilarious how Jon is like "STANNIS I HAVE TO HELP HIM" and Stannis is like "I'll try and save your sister... if I can."

The same is going on with Mance and Jon. :D

Jon: "Stannis, dont kill Mance"

Mance: "I will save your sister"

Jon: "I save Mance's son"

It is soooo much fun how they are (Stannis, Jon, Mance) not in a good relationship, even "enemy's" but in the back - I am trying to help you, but nobody can see it!!! It can destroy my reputation.

This whole comedia opposites what is going on at everywhere else in Westeros. At the North the "rulers" are "keeping secrets" - of helping each other!!

(Sorry for the mistakes, if there is any. I am not native)

I don't think there WILL be a second kingsmoot. For the simple reason: Theon, in his current condition - crippled, tortured, broken, a eunuch - couldn't possibly win it. It would only serve to confirm Euron in his position: there's not a single person, with the possible exception of Asha and Aeron, who would shout for Theon over Euron, who has given them victory and plunder where Theon only brought disaster to himself.

There therefore must be some OTHER purpose for just how persistent GRRM is being, in bringing up the story of the man who defied a kingsmoot "because he had not been present to make his claim". (Who, in fact, did NOT call another kingsmoot, but simply rebelled against the decision of the kingsmoot and won.)

Theon couldn't even win a rebellion against Euron in his condition - nobody would support him. So there has to be some other purpose for his claim to the kingship to still exist. My belief is that, this is because although he cannot possibly live as a king, he could theoretically *die* as one: as one of the "two kings to wake the dragon" that Melisandre has mentioned.

Plus, the fact that, dying with his claim unresolved (since it was never either accepted or rejected by a Kingsmoot) allows him to pass it on to another, which would give Asha more right on her side if *she* were to demand a new Kingsmoot now that she had the official approval of the one who had not been there to make his own claim.

Archived