Who Would You Fear On The Battlefield Most?

Dark Rider

In terms of one on one slogging through the mud who would you fear most to come up against in battle?

Pick any character from A Song of Ice and Fire. You're free to pick someone at an age that would put them in their prime.

Westeros has some great warriors, but who do you think is going to bring the most pain?

I'm going to say Robert with his War Hammer in his prime around the Battle of the Trident was pretty fierce.

NOT military leadership. Just pure fighting ability is the basis here. Not tournament crap, but actual battle where you'd have him and all the other chaos around you.

Like a leader (like whose army you wouldn't want to meet) or an individual fighter (guy you wouldn't want to face one-on-one)?

I'd hate to meet an army of Robb's. I'd hate to meet Arthur Dayne in single combat.

Individual battle. Just you and him on the field in the thick of it not based on their command ability.

I imagine Robert running and yelling like a mad man toward someone with a war hammer, and they probaably saw several people go down before that. Had to be intimidating before he even reached them.

I always saw him as a noble and trained like many others, but probably more aggressive and wild like a Dothraki or something.

Totally scary and fierce.

Victarian Greyjoy without a doubt.

He can single-handedly pick you up and crush you.

Edit- With his left hand.

No doubt he's the Navy SEAL of Westeros. Meeting him on a Ship in battle at sea would be one tough fight, but I don't know if he's going to be the best on land.

Archived