Who Would You Fear On The Battlefield Most?

Dark Rider

Cleos Frey.

R.I.P. pre RW. *sigh* he was a Lannister and a Frey that fought and died for Cat, and what a way to go! I think its the most gruesome death in ASOIAF.

Jaime Lannister

lol the crippled? he said Tyrion could take him...

I'd still go with Aerys Targaryens champion, but im also thinking Beric Dondarrion. Think about it he kills alot of people with a flaming sword, then dies comes back to life, kills more people with a flaming sword dies again, comes back to life agian, unsheeths his flaming sword and points it at you. I would be most afraid

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I think modern athletes could actually do very well.

Put someone like Ray Lewis or Ndamukong Suh in heavy plate and I have no doubt they could take out a trained knight.

No one ran a 4.3 40 back then, and nutrition is hugely overlooked in these books.

Someone the size of The Mountain would need 10k + calories per day just to maintain his muscle mass...

I'm not saying the average joe could survive, but a highly trained athlete would no doubt be bigger/stronger/faster than the average knight.

A good wrestler could put anyone in plate on his back.

What about Mance Rayder? When he fights Jon disguised as Rattleshirt, he's pretty competant and all those years beyond the wall would have made him tough. And Brienne held her own against Jaime, although I don't think he was really trying to kill her.

But yeah, I'll have to agree, just through reputation, facing the mountain would be the scariest. Or a white walker.

Warhammer: I don't know about that. A modern athlete would definitely be able to defeat a knight if they were both fighting unarmed and unarmored, but on an actual battlefield the knight would win in a heartbeat. The knight just has too much more experience fighting with sword, shield, and armor. No one in the present day is trained to fight like that: Professional fighters only fight unarmed, cops and soldiers and criminals all rely on guns, and even fencers view swordfighting as a sport and wouldn't be nearly as skilled as a knight in using swords to kill. I suppose modern archers wouldn't be any less effective than medieval archers, but other than that people from the present day would get totally owned in Westeros.

Khal Drogo would piss himself if he met Gregor Clegane.

I would too. :(

I agree. Drogo would be lucky is he escaped from The Mountain minus his braid. I fear he would lose his head, same for the Bloodriders that would be obligated to avenge him. After seeing what Ser Jorah did to Qotho while wearing his plate armor and we all know that Ser Jorah isn't nearly as intimidating as the false knight Gregor Clegane.

Archived