The Wise Man's Fear VII (Spoilers and speculation)

jumbles

I think Meluan knew that Kvothe was her nephew when she had her fit (but not, for example, during their first meeting)---that was the whole point. Look at that scene as the Maer bringing Meluan together with her long-lost sister's long-lost son . . . only to discover that said son considers himself a member of the group that Meluan probably blames for her sister's death.

I'm not convinced about this bit, I think the scene only makes sense if Meluan is surprised about Kvothe, and if she already knew he was her nephew then she'd know he was the son of a Ruh and had been raised among them. If she did know that then it would be a bit bizarre for her to assume that he would hate them. I don't think this necessarily invalidates your theory, Meluan doesn't need to know anything about it for the theory to work, she could be kept in the dark as much as Kvothe is.

thistle - Thanks, completely forgot about C's attempt to bind Bast by iron. When I first read that I took "bind" to mean "attempted to create bands of iron like handcuffs" but it's probably more complicated than that. Or maybe not. On timelines - the bit that's confusing me is Iax and the moon coming before the betrayal of MT (Bast says "sparked the creation war", which could also mean "re-ignited"). The two bits I can't get to fit are about the Cthaeh and Shehyn. If you believe that Selitos=Cthaeh (which I do) and that Skarpi1 describes the transformation of Selitos into the Cthaeh by Lanre (which I do) then if the moon is stolen before the betrayal, how could Iax have spoken to the Cthaeh first? Second - in Shehyn's story, she mentions about the name of the empire "It is not important as the empire has fallen, and since that time the land has broken and the sky changed". The story she describes is clearly the betrayal of MT, but again if the moon being stolen is the catalyst for the land breaking and sky changing, this implies that it occurred after the fall of Ergen?

Had a couple of hours spare this morning so wrote up my take on Hespe's "The Boy Who Stole the Moon". I don't expect anyone to fully agree with this, but I like it :)

So a lot of these ideas may have been thrown out before, but I can't find any mention of a few of them, and I've never seen them presented together like this before. You might not like the entirety of this story, but at the very least you may be able to pluck out bits and pieces you like :)

I think that the house "at the end of a broken road" refers to MT. There's been arguments for MT lying at the eastern end of the old stone road (the broken road) and I think this is spot on. It also gives another out for Arliden's poem - "Greystones lead to Myr Tariniel" could also mean that MT is at the end of the "old road" that the stones lay next to (rather than MT being in Fae, which is contradicted by Skarpi/Felurian). If this event occurs post the betrayal of MT, it makes even more sense - the "broken house" is the ruins of MT.

The tinker in the story is Selitos/the Cthaeh. There are multiple references here of the tinker giving "sight" to Iax (i.e. once he puts the spectacles on, he decides to chase the moon). We know from Bast that Iax spoke to the Cthaeh before he stole the moon - the tinker ultimately led Iax down the path that led to this event.

Iax may have been the original protector of MT (or Emperor, if that's who the protector is). Giving the tinker his old broken house may be a metaphor for handing over control of MT/the empire to Selitos.

Iax following the great stone road describes him travelling from MT to Belen. Yup, I know it says "travelled east" but it also says that Tinue is on the great stone road, which it clearly isn't. I think this is one of the things that has changed over the centuries - you'll see why below.

The hermit in the cave is... well, if you're a skeptic, the hermit is no one :) The hermit in the cave is a metaphor for the University, or a place of learning. Iax travelled the great stone road to reach a place where he could learn. I think this gives purpose to the great stone road as well - rather than connecting two random cities, it joins MT (which at the very least is home of Selitos, at best the "capital" of the Empire) with Belen (the University, the major centre of learning).

Side note - if you believe the hermit=Teccam, this still works, and works quite well. I like the idea that Teccam was a talented magician (of some flavour :)) that was happy to teach anyone who wanted help. What started as an old man in a cave teaching the odd traveller could quite easily turn into the founding of the University (maybe not the exact buildings that stand today, but at the very least a consistent area for people to gather and learn magic). This ties in perfectly with the idea that Iax would travel to Belen to learn.

Side side note - if you do believe that the hermit=Teccam, and that he was a teacher of some sort, then it's probably likely that he was quite powerful in the grand scheme of things (he obviously knew his stuff for some of his theories to survive). You could also argue that he is at least as powerful as Iax. Skarpi1 tells us that the four most powerful wizards of the age were Selitos, Lyra, Iax and Aleph. We know he's not Selitos, Lyra or Iax...

Side side side note - I can't find any references of Manet ever walking around without any shoes and hiding in caves. It's on my todo list :)

Getting back to the story, the three items contained within the tinker's sack are metaphors for the three things that Iax learnt/was taught at the University/place of learning. For Teccam fans, the tinker speaking to the knot on the sack to untie it (where Iax couldn't) is a metaphor for Teccam trying to get Iax to slow down and consider things before he does them (like how Elodin treats Kvothe).

The first item is the stone flute, which Iax plays to summon both the nightjars and the moon. This is a metaphor for Iax learning that every object can be named by music (similar to what happens to Kvothe in the woods after the death of his troupe). Through music, Iax learns he can find the Name of any object and compel it to do what he wants. This could also foreshadow the idea of shaping.

The second item is the empty box. This is a metaphor for Iax learning that Names can be stolen/changed, and all of the consequences that brings with it. This could also relate to the foundations of shaping.

The third item is the folding house. This is a metaphor for Iax learning how to construct the Faen realm. Iax unfolding the house is also metaphorical for physically constructing the Faen realm. Felurian implies that many people helped create Fae - the other people were students of the University (and/or students of Teccam).

Then we come to the moon. The moon is... the moon :) Using the skills he learnt at Belen, Iax alters both the 4C and Faen realm through the name of the moon. Motive is difficult to determine (I think we will need to wait for D3 for this) but I have a couple of ideas. First is that he uses the moon to create a physical connection between 4C and the Faen realm. This allows people to physically enter the Fae realm. Second theory is that the gravity of the moon seals the Faen realm. This minimises the number of "holes" and makes Fae more "secure". I like this one best.

Side note - for those that believe the moon=Auri. I'll admit I can't get a perfect fit but there's a little bit of circumstantial evidence that hasn't been brought up yet. Firstly, Auri is in the right place for where this occurred (Belen). Secondly, this may explain the binding runes drawn on the grate to Auri's Underworld. A weak link, but it's there if you want it.

So what's the point of this whole story? To create a prison. Ideally, whatever is placed within Fae cannot get out. I say ideally because as we know, there are holes. Taking all these ideas, I can rewrite Hespe's story like this -

Iax was the protector of Myr Tariniel. MT/Ergen was under threat from an enemy. Iax consulted Selitos as to the best course of action to protect MT/Ergen. Selitos advises him that he should travel to the University at Belen to create a prison for the enemy. Iax leaves Selitos in charge and travels the great stone road to Belen. Along the way, he erects multiple stone arches to act as anchoring points for his prison. Arriving at Belen, Iax consults with Teccam. Teccam advises Iax to take his time with the construction of the prison to ensure there are no mistakes. He also teaches him naming through music, controlling through naming and helps to create the Fae realm. Iax, being more left brained than right, rushes into it without fulling understanding what he is doing and the resulting prison is full of holes. In order to more effectively seal the prison, Iax binds the moon to the Faen realm (which closes the gaps). This cracks the world and changes the local geography (causing the rift south of Belen near Yll).

Like I said, I don't think anyone will completely agree with that version of events, but to me it's neat, it fits the story and it fits the mood of the series - take from it what you will :)

No. I agree there's nothing definitive. It's just another bit of tantalizing business Rothfuss is playing with us about.

Yah. You motivated me to search for descriptions of Laurian and Arliden, which was something I couldn't remember anyone doing before. The details are sparse.

• Laurian: beautiful, dark hair, pale, "I got [my eyes] from my mother." (Has a face like the blade of a knife?)
  • Arliden: beautiful, dark hair, bearded, Kvothe's hands

If anyone finds any other physical traits, please post it.

Having done that, I ended up less than confident that Kvothe was a Lackless again. If tze's correct about Bredon being Aculeus, then Laurian is kind of odd for the family. Kvothe more so.

Bredon and Meluan have brown eyes. Sure, genetically the sister could have green eyes. But looking around I was struck by Arliden's analogy about several grandchildren with blue eyes indicating a grandmother with blue eyes. Not everything has to be a clue, of course.

So I started compiling details about Meluan, and noticed something troubling. And it kind of goes with the red herring notion. The first set is Meluan. The second set is Denna.

She was dressed in grey and lavender, and her curling chestnut hair was pulled back to reveal her elegant neck.

Her mouth was full and red without the benefit of any paint.

Her dark brown eyes were gravely serious.

Her hair was arranged to display her elegant neck to good effect, revealing the emerald teardrop earrings and matching necklace at her throat

Her lips, as always, were red without the aid of any paint.

I looked into the deep brown of her eyes.

I think i'd jump all over that if it were any other two characters. But I came to this discussion assured that Laurian was Netalia and that it was old news less than a week after publication. Still, damn odd.

bradd: that's awesome, I love the speculation. Definitely fits nicely with the Thistle Theory (which I also love as speculation but don't totally subscribe to). Also the use of music might explain how Kvothe gets into trouble AND creates more parallels between Kvothe and Iax (my pet theory). Everybody wins!

thistlepong: that's an interesting catch. The similarities between Denna and Meluan (and the similarity in language) does sort of make me pause. However, it could just be Rothfuss recycling language again. As much as I love both of these books, there are a lot of repeated expressions used again and again; I began to lose track of the number of times Kvothe "fell asleep like a babe at the teat." Plus, Denna seems to have a fetish for names that start with 'D', so if she were Meluan's lost sister (I think that's the implication?) you figure her original name would have started with a D as well, though there's no real evidence to back this up.

As for the genetics, red hair and green eyes are highly recessive traits, so they can travel down through generations masked by darker color traits. Even if both of Kvothe's parents had dark hair and eyes it's possible to have light features. Either way, I think you've found the first evidence that Kvothe may not in fact be a Lackless. Interesting.

Why does Kvothe ask the world to forgive Abenthy for introducing him to the Arcane? Kvothe did something unforgivable. What did he do? I notice that when Bast is caught eavesdropping he claims to be reading Celium Tincture, the book Kvothe stole from Caudicus and gifted to Devi. Why is Chroniclier first act when he realizes Bast is Fae to try to bind him? Are all of Kvothe's friends, but Bast, dead based on Kvothe's comment that far too many of his friends are gone for him to allow two to fight?

I've just finished the book yesterday and it left so many question open in my mind I felt an urge to look for a forum to try to discuss them.

First of all, English isn't my first language and I haven't read the book in English, so names may differ and mistakes will appear.

After finishing the book I felt a little dissapointed, not gonna lie. This happened mainly because I know it won't be possible to answer all the questions PR left unanswered in just one book, unless it has over 2000 pages or he just rushes through the subjects. I dunno if it has already been discussed, but so far these are the subjects which will require explanation in my mind:

1- The inevitible Chandrian battle

2- Kvothe finding the Amyr

3- The Amyr training Kvothe, afterall he wouldn't be able to touch the Chandrian without a lot of training

4- Bast's origin and why he follows Kvothe

5- A closure to Denna/Kvothe's romance , even though I still think Devi will play a major role on the story somehow. Maybe he will go after her after something happens to Denna?

6- Kvothe's chest

7- Denna's patron

8- Wth Bast call Kvothe "Reshi"

9- Meluan's box

And I am sure I am missing a lot of subjects...

After finishing the book I can't help to think Elodin is one of the Amyr. He knows simply too much about everything for it to be just coincidence. He knew about the shaed, he knew about the fae, hell he even knew the signs the Adem used as shown right before the end of the book during his conversation with Kvothe where he told Elodin about the Felurian and everything. Also he used to be the Chancelor of the University which, even though improbable because of his age, gave him access to the archive and maybe allowed him to remove the books. Maybe his parents were Amyr, dunno... I just feel like he has some connection with them.

Also I think Devi will indeed play some major role in the story (I am not gonna lie, I DO hope she does), like I pointed above. She has always played an important role on Kvothe's life since he joined the university and it has always been obvious he looked at her with some sort of respect/desire/fear mix, but after he returned from "the dead", as she imagined, the way their meet was described made it clear she felt something for him. Even before that when she helped him setting Ambrose's place on fire... if she really hated Kvothe as said, she wouldn't help him no matter what or who tried to persuade her.

Well that is it for now. Maybe I am just crazy and trying to figure out some answers which are driving me crazy knowing the next book will take over an year to be out, but I do think Elodin is an Amyr!

Sorry for any mistakes about names and grammar.

Having done that, I ended up less than confident that Kvothe was a Lackless again. If tze's correct about Bredon being Aculeus, then Laurian is kind of odd for the family. Kvothe more so.

Bredon and Meluan have brown eyes. Sure, genetically the sister could have green eyes. But looking around I was struck by Arliden's analogy about several grandchildren with blue eyes indicating a grandmother with blue eyes. Not everything has to be a clue, of course.

So I started compiling details about Meluan, and noticed something troubling. And it kind of goes with the red herring notion. The first set is Meluan. The second set is Denna.

She was dressed in grey and lavender, and her curling chestnut hair was pulled back to reveal her elegant neck.

Her mouth was full and red without the benefit of any paint.

Her dark brown eyes were gravely serious.

Her hair was arranged to display her elegant neck to good effect, revealing the emerald teardrop earrings and matching necklace at her throat

Her lips, as always, were red without the aid of any paint.

I looked into the deep brown of her eyes.

I think i'd jump all over that if it were any other two characters. But I came to this discussion assured that Laurian was Netalia and that it was old news less than a week after publication. Still, damn odd.

When Kvothe first sets eyes on Meluan, he

avoided looking in her direction as we walked the length of the room, but as I helped her into her seat, her profile struck me with such a strong resemblance that I couldn’t help but stare. I knew her, I was certain of it. But I couldn’t for the life of me remember where we might have met….

What I read into this is that Meluan looks a lot like Netalia, her sister and Kvothe's mother. Because he doesn't associate his mother with any of the trappings of nobility, he has difficulty understanding why (and where) this strong sense of familiariy is coming from. And associating Denna with characteristics that echo Meluan, if Meluan herself echoes Netalia, makes sense---it's not uncommon for guys to go after women that subconsciously remind them of their mothers, after all. :)

Meluan has reddish hair. If Bredon is really Aculeus Lackless, then perhaps he had red hair in his youth? By the time we meet him, his hair is completely white. If his wife had dark hair, and he had red hair, then one dark-haired daughter (who herself produced a red-haired son) and one red-haired daughter make perfect sense. Bredon has brown eyes, but who knows what color eyes Meluan's and Netalia's mother had. Perhaps they were green.

If she did know that then it would be a bit bizarre for her to assume that he would hate them. I don't think this necessarily invalidates your theory, Meluan doesn't need to know anything about it for the theory to work, she could be kept in the dark as much as Kvothe is.

I absolutely agree that it could go either way. The reason I lean towards thinking she knew Kvothe was her nephew (at that final meeting) derives from how Kvothe seems to appear to those not privy to his personal thoughts. Readers know he considers himself Edema Ruh to the bone. But he doesn't act like a traditional Ruh---his very best friends, who'd known him for a while, actually come right out and ask him if he really is Edema Ruh! If they doubt he's really Ruh, how would people who don't know him nearly as well view him? He's parked himself at the University, something that the Ruh simply don't do (notice how Kvothe never mentions meeting even one other Ruh in Imre, and there don't appear to be any studying at the University). He's trying to make it in polite society. He never mentions, especially not to anyone in the Maer's court, that he's Ruh. To all and sundry, Kvothe would appear like someone desperately trying to run away from his Edema Ruh heritage, not someone who fully embraces it. But like I said, it's impossible to say 100% what the Maer/Bredon/Meluan know, because everything we know comes from Kvothe, who doesn't seem to care about his maternal heritage one whit.

And there is the incident outside Lorren's office at the Archives when the Cealdish giller who works in acquisitions and travels to find books starts speaking to him in Yllish in the mistaken belief Kvothe is from Yll. This little incident is quite unnecessary to the story and could be considered to be just adding some color, but there's something about it that makes me think it's important in some way.

Perhaps it's pointing toward an association between the Edema Ruh and Yll?

3- The Amyr training Kvothe, afterall he wouldn't be able to touch the Chandrian without a lot of training

5- A closure to Denna/Kvothe's romance , even though I still think Devi will play a major role on the story somehow. Maybe he will go after her after something happens to Denna?

6- Kvothe's chest

7- Denna's patron

9- Meluan's box

In addition to the above, Kvothe still needs to:

10. kill a King

11. kill a Poet

12. acquire the sword Folly

13. rescue a princess from a sleeping barrow-king

14. find out his families origins

15. learn Yllish

16. open the doors in the University library

17. be expelled from University

18. have sex with 39764 more women

19 get his left-hand crippled

20. acquire his thrice-locked box

21. find out who Denna's patron is

22. acquire a bunch of rings

23. learn a ton of naming

24. talk to gods

25. have sex with women

That's just some of the stuff off the top of my head that Kvothe needs to do in order to be brought up to date with the present. Then there's even more unknown quantities/mysteries left, such as:

26. the Cthaeh

27. Bredon's identity

28. the bald guy who works for the Maer

29. the Chandrian stealing taxes from the Maer

30. the Maer being poisoned

31. Puppet

32. Manet

33. what actually happened between Selitos/Lanre

34. what's motivating the Chandrian and the Amyr

35. reason for Kvothe's troupe being murdered

36. how is Kvothe so damn irresistible to the ladies

37. Bast

38. Skarpi

Thinking about it now, it seems like almost every major character has some mystery attached to them. Anyhow, I don't think even a 2000 page book would tie up every loose end in this story. Expect to have the trilogy finished with many questions left unanswered.

Bradd, since you've mentioned Hespe's story. How come Hespe (and her mother) knows this story whilst Edema Ruhs do not, although they claim to know every single story in the world? Seems little odd, doesn't it?

Dambros, agree with you on Devi. In NoTW Kvothe says, "now, let's introduce THE woman" which must be either Auri or Devi since he introduced Denna before. I think there must be a really good reason why Devi wants access to the library so badly (more than just books). To me, this sounds like she wants to go to the four-plate door or to Puppet.

10. kill a King

11. kill a Poet

12. acquire the sword Folly

13. rescue a princess from a sleeping barrow-king

14. find out his families origins

15. learn Yllish

16. open the doors in the University library

17. be expelled from University

18. have sex with 39764 more women

19 get his left-hand crippled

20. acquire his thrice-locked box

21. find out who Denna's patron is

22. acquire a bunch of rings

23. learn a ton of naming

24. talk to gods

25. have sex with women

It is not necessary for him to do all those thing in bold, since it is only speculation by us fans, and only that.

Maybe he never finds out about his family origins, or maybe, what we are told is actually true.

Maybe he never learns Yllish, and so on.

17 - There have been suggestions that he was expelled when he used the name of the wind on Ambrose.

18 - Where did you get the figure from?

25 - same as 18.

It is not necessary for him to do all those thing in bold, since it is only speculation by us fans, and only that.

Maybe he never finds out about his family origins, or maybe, what we are told is actually true.

Maybe he never learns Yllish, and so on.

...well yeah that was my point of making the post. There are so many mysteries and unanswered questions that there's no chance everything will be addressed.

18 - Where did you get the figure from?

25 - same as 18.

First I guesstimated the yearly calender of the Four Corners based on references in the books. Then I took the average number of times Kvothe gets laid a day (3.42) and multiplied it by how many Four Corners days have passed between Kvothe running into Felurian and Kote telling his story in the Inn. The result was that Kvothe bagged 39,764.56 women in his life.

Expect to have the trilogy finished with many questions left unanswered.

I just want him to open the Doors of Stone and begin the second creation war. I don't think he actually needs to fight the Chandrian in the last book. If I recall there's no definite reason to believe he will though he may likely confront them.

I think the problem is that the book will end with the opening of the Doors of Stone, and then there will be some montage text that leads to the inn.

I just want him to open the Doors of Stone and begin the second creation war. I don't think he actually needs to fight the Chandrian in the last book. If I recall there's no definite reason to believe he will though he may likely confront them.

I'm speculating, but I reckon he'll probably confront (and presumably kill) Cinder. He could also encounter some of the other Chandrian, but I think the framing story implies that the Chandrian are still a threat during Kvothe's time at the Inn.

thistlepong: that's an interesting catch. The similarities between Denna and Meluan (and the similarity in language) does sort of make me pause. However, it could just be Rothfuss recycling language again. As much as I love both of these books, there are a lot of repeated expressions used again and again; I began to lose track of the number of times Kvothe "fell asleep like a babe at the teat."

That phrase occurs twice; once with tit, once with breast. Someone leveled this criticism in thread one or two with regards to "alar like a blade of ramston steel," as well. (Four times, iirc.) Anyway, he does it less than you think. GRRM pulls off more repetitions in the first four chapters of Feast for Crows.

Not that there's nothing to complain about, but at least three distinct repetitions regarding a sort of controversial issue seem unlikely to be coincidental.

There has also been some speculation that the more repetitious phrases are foreshadowing.

Devi has an alar like a sea in storm, and all wise men fear the sea in storm.

Kvothe has an alar like ramston steel. Nothing is harder or holds a better edge, but the tinker says it is far too brittle...

Bradd, since you've mentioned Hespe's story. How come Hespe (and her mother) knows this story whilst Edema Ruhs do not, although they claim to know every single story in the world? Seems little odd, doesn't it?

Not to me. Surely not every Ruh knows every story. And Kvothe surely was too young to have learned every story his family knew before they were killed.

He only needs to get to the most important stuff. If I remember correctly he is going to write a second trilogy taking place in the present tense. If that is the case then some of the questions may not be answered. Mucha bout the chandrian and such.

Why does Kvothe ask the world to forgive Abenthy for introducing him to the Arcane? Kvothe did something unforgivable. What did he do? I notice that when Bast is caught eavesdropping he claims to be reading Celium Tincture, the book Kvothe stole from Caudicus and gifted to Devi. Why is Chroniclier first act when he realizes Bast is Fae to try to bind him? Are all of Kvothe's friends, but Bast, dead based on Kvothe's comment that far too many of his friends are gone for him to allow two to fight?

I figured that the reason that Chronicler tries to bind Bast is because he knows that the Fae are deadly dangerous (and he is correct on this point, as we see later on) and he wants to get the drop on him before something awful happens. Admittedly, given that Bast was not acting threatening in any way, this is a bit presumptuous and more than a little rude.

I've just finished the book yesterday and it left so many question open in my mind I felt an urge to look for a forum to try to discuss them.

First of all, English isn't my first language and I haven't read the book in English, so names may differ and mistakes will appear.

After finishing the book I felt a little dissapointed, not gonna lie. This happened mainly because I know it won't be possible to answer all the questions PR left unanswered in just one book, unless it has over 2000 pages or he just rushes through the subjects. I dunno if it has already been discussed, but so far these are the subjects which will require explanation in my mind:

6- Kvothe's chest

7- Denna's patron

9- Meluan's box

And I am sure I am missing a lot of subjects...

After finishing the book I can't help to think Elodin is one of the Amyr. He knows simply too much about everything for it to be just coincidence. He knew about the shaed, he knew about the fae, hell he even knew the signs the Adem used as shown right before the end of the book during his conversation with Kvothe where he told Elodin about the Felurian and everything. Also he used to be the Chancelor of the University which, even though improbable because of his age, gave him access to the archive and maybe allowed him to remove the books. Maybe his parents were Amyr, dunno... I just feel like he has some connection with them.

Also I think Devi will indeed play some major role in the story (I am not gonna lie, I DO hope she does), like I pointed above. She has always played an important role on Kvothe's life since he joined the university and it has always been obvious he looked at her with some sort of respect/desire/fear mix, but after he returned from "the dead", as she imagined, the way their meet was described made it clear she felt something for him. Even before that when she helped him setting Ambrose's place on fire... if she really hated Kvothe as said, she wouldn't help him no matter what or who tried to persuade her.

Well that is it for now. Maybe I am just crazy and trying to figure out some answers which are driving me crazy knowing the next book will take over an year to be out, but I do think Elodin is an Amyr!

Sorry for any mistakes about names and grammar.

May I ask what language you read the books in? We've been trying to figure out which names are similar in order to derive clues from that.

Dambros, agree with you on Devi. In NoTW Kvothe says, "now, let's introduce THE woman" which must be either Auri or Devi since he introduced Denna before. I think there must be a really good reason why Devi wants access to the library so badly (more than just books). To me, this sounds like she wants to go to the four-plate door or to Puppet.

That is a damn good point. I figured he meant "let's introduce the woman at the point that she becomes not just tangential but crucial to the story," but still.

He only needs to get to the most important stuff. If I remember correctly he is going to write a second trilogy taking place in the present tense. If that is the case then some of the questions may not be answered. Mucha bout the chandrian and such.

If I recall, he mentioned that he certainly plans to return to the Four Corners, but that Day Three will sum up Kvothe's tale - either that or he said that saying that Day Three will sum up Kvothe's tale constitutes a spoiler. I forget.

Archived