Lesbian Sex Encounters in Books...and Renly/Loras

teemo

IIRC, they had both bathed in a cave pool. So many people overlook that part of the story.

They had a bath after they had sex. But I do not see the problem with them being dirty, they obviously did not mind.

Jon seems to drop hints that a signifigant percentage of the nights watch is gay, I cant't remember the exact quote but he think that about 80% percent of the men would break their vows with a woman implying that 20% wouldn't, which makes you ask why.I also think that a lot of the drowned men are gay, the clergy are all men, they are brought back to life by being kissed by a man, they are then given a punch and a kiss by the other members who are present. Grown men hanging out together half naked on a beach does sound gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Where did you get that about Jon?

Re: the Night's Watch- maybe he just meant that lots would break their vows, but the rest would keep them?

Re: "brought back to life by being kissed" - I thought this was a euphemism for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, since were in the pseudo-middle ages and thus no life guards. I must have no gaydar at all. ;)

That is exactly what I thought about the Drowned men.

Every time I read a post about TV Renly, I weep for the human race. Loras is not weak; Renly is. Loras is fairly effeminate, but Renly's far from it, even in the show. In the books I found him to be much more stereotypically gay. I like that they showed a more humble, self-conscious side to him in the show. It made him more real and less of a caricature.

True, but I don't think Renly is self-conscious. I think Robert is. Robert has to hurt others to feel good about himself. A classic bully.

IMO Renly only appears self-conscious in the show because Robert is so over-the-top. Notice how they edited the scenes: Robert is ranting and raving about killing Dany, and Renly is ranting and raving about how much Robert enjoys it. Robert thinks being a "man" means being a warrior. Renly thinks that idea is silly (which it IS, Renly is RIGHT). Loras introduces the idea that he will be a good king because of that quality. It's kind of subtle because in Westeros, any man who doesn't "measure up" to the cocky, bloodthirsty swordsman is instantly going to be seen as "insecure," when its really the cocky, bloodthirsty swordsmen who have much more to lose because they're at "war" with each other.

Oh, and I would read an entire series about a gay Night's Watch.

Archived