529 Pages into the Large Paperback version of Feast....

Manberg900

And I must say it's quite uneventful so far... I definitely like ASOS much better right now.

I like seeing things from Cersei's perspective and seeing things from the Iron Islands and all but it's almost becoming a chore to read. It feels like a filler book. Funny thing is, it mentions some things happening that I would actually like to see rather than just hear about.

For example, they are claiming that Davos has been beheaded. If that is true, which I don't think it is, then I would have liked to have seen it from his perspective. It also mentions Beric, and the "mysterious Lady" (aka Catelyn), and the Hound but they've YET to make an appearance. I would think with how ASOS epilogue ended they would have a few chapters...

And don't even get me STARTED about how Daenarys, Tyrion, Jon Snow or STANNIS have YET TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE! They mention all of these characters throughout the book but they don't even have their own chapters like before!!!! UGH!!!!!!

It's just very frustrating so far. Sorry had to vent about that.

Here are some highlights that I do like though:

Victarion. He is a badass MF'er. His battle scene in The Reaver chapter was absolutely incredible. I hope RRM doesn't kill him off. Or if he does I hope it's in badass fashion, kinda like how the Red Viper died but with less smashed face.

Arya. I like what she's becoming. The reveal of how she assassinated Dareon was awesome. I hope she gets to kill more people in a badass way.

Cersei. Don't get me wrong, I hate the flaming bitch but I do like seeing things from her point of view. You certainly learn a lot about what has happened in the other books and what her true intentions are, though it's not that hard to figure out.

Anyway so far I'm very disappointed and unsatisfied. At this point I can't wait to get to DWD.

And don't even get me STARTED about how Daenarys, Tyrion, Jon Snow or STANNIS have YET TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE! They mention all of these characters throughout the book but they don't even have their own chapters like before!!!! UGH!!!!!!

GRRM split the books up and those POV aren't in Feast at all...

For example, they are claiming that Davos has been beheaded. If that is true, which I don't think it is, then I would have liked to have seen it from his perspective. It also mentions Beric, and the "mysterious Lady" (aka Catelyn), and the Hound but they've YET to make an appearance. I would think with how ASOS epilogue ended they would have a few chapters...

This has to do with the way he split the books by location, so there's a few left out. Dance runs parallel to Feast, so you'll get to see what happens with a lot of those things mentioned but never explained.

• 2 months later...

I'm 140 pages in and I thought I wasn't going to enjoy Feast, but so far I am. Yes, there isn't much action, but a lot of relationships between people of political power is ripe. I liked Arya's chapter when she arrives in Bravos. This book is necessary to explain everything. I can't wait until I start DWD after FFC.

Archived