Sensitive Topic Right Here!

Winter's Knight

By LL Lash:

By Queen Cersei:

:agree: Daenerys is brave when she is sexy ( she is sexy! ) but as soon as she tries to achieve things and to rule, only incompetence is seen by some posters. She is disliked as soon as she actively takes her fate into her own hands. She makes mistakes, ok. Characters who don't do anything don't make mistakes.

BOOOOOOO. Selective editing much?

I don't begrudge her ADWD. I think it makes perfect sense for her to practice and fail at ruling Mereen lest she turn into Robert

But when she is still submitting to Drogo and riding with the Dorthraki, she is still a wildly sympathetic, much idealized, widely liked character. (It is only as she gains power that she becomes steadily more and more unlikeable.) As you noted yourself, Dany is likeable/ admirable while assimilating into life with the Dorthraki... which, it must be said, goes hand in hand with her submitting to Drogo.

Again, that shit was unbearable. Her only accomplishment was assimilating. And that's something when you have her brother to compare her to. But I didn't go back and read that until she sacked Astapor. I didn't go back and read bran chapters until he got to the night fort. Basically SoS redeemed a lot of shitty characters.

GRRM's negative portrayal of Dany as incompetent and undeserving of power in ADWD is an issue in and of itself. Horrifyingly, he actually said, "With Cersei and Dany, I wanted to show the two ways that women could rule." I would say more but, IMO, that statement speaks for itself.

I don't perceive it that way. I think sitting in Mereen is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Look at how she fucked up Astapor. If she didn't try to rule Mereen, it would be unconscionable

What was supposed to be disturbing about those links? The first ones were pretty sad, although I'll have to say that they do make my esteem as a lover rise, but the last one was actually outright funny to read. I suppose it wasn't meant to be that but that's how it was.

What was supposed to be disturbing about those links? The first ones were pretty sad, although I'll have to say that they do make my esteem as a lover rise, but the last one was actually outright funny to read. I suppose it wasn't meant to be that but that's how it was.

Some rape victims are prone to PSTD and reading/hearing about certain incidents can cause anything from panic attacks to nausea.

What I said about disturbing was meant to be a "trigger warning" for anyone who may have suffered abuse in the past and is prone to such attacks.

Archived