George is changing parts of TWOW for Osha?

Moshtradamus

<mod>

This thread contains book spoilers. Read at your own risk

</mod>

apparently, the actress that plays her on the show does such a great job, George is rewriting parts of TWOW so that Osha gets more screen time if/when it gets to that season of the show.

http://www.denofgeek...es_blurays.html

#30:

Harry Potter actress Natalia Tena plays wilding Osha, and A Song of Ice and Fire author George R. R. Martin was so impressed with her performance that he's making changes in his next book, The Winds of Winter. "She's become such an interesting character," he explains, "that when she reappears in the books I'd like to give her a more interesting role to play".

just thought that was kind of... interesting..

dear mods, sorry if this isn't in the right place. i didn't know if it should go in the show part, since it's about the book, twow. and i didn't think it'd go in twow section, because it's about the show also. so.. i settled on just general. sorry! :x

I think it's exactly in the right place!! it's about the books..... I guess it's ok that he makes her part bigger in the books..... but of course by doing so, he makes it even harder for HBO. The producers now are rethinking her story, putting her with Bran (although I hope it's not the case), if GRRM makes her story with Rickon more important, more decisive he will actually force HBO to rewrite even more

i think my favorite part about the fact that he's changing parts, is that it makes it very clear that we'll see her and Rickon again in TWOW, and i'll be able to stop wondering what they've been up to for what seems like forever.

I really hated the new Osha the first and second time I watched the series, but I have to say she has begun to grow on me after I watched it for the third time. Still, I would like her a lot better withou all that creepy stuff and skulking about the first few times she appears on screen. Wildlings are not bloody neanderthals or retarded feral kids, for goodness´sake, if anything they are as proud as any lord. That is a MAJOR part of their character, IMHO

But this is really awful:

Prostitute Ros was originally supposed to be included in one scene, but Benioff and Weiss are obviously fans: "she's so much fun to watch that she's become a relatively major character in season two", they explained

I really hated the new Osha the first and second time I watched the series, but I have to say she has begun to grow on me after I watched it for the third time. Still, I would like her a lot better withou all that creepy stuff and skulking about the first few times she appears on screen.

But this is really awful:

I actually liked TV Osha from the start, somehow. Excited to hear that George will expand her part in TWOW, means finally some news on the Rickon front! YAY!

And about Ros...yup, she's in the new trailer in a scene with Littlefinger, so we'll definitely see more of her. Dunno if I like it or not.

Ros is getting a bigger part? Just awful. Personally I feel she adds nothing to the series and she isn't even that attractive.

As for Osha I doubt Martin will be making big changes to the books, just changing little details. So like if Davos ends up meeting up with Osha and Rickon, he might have given some of Davos' actions and stuff to Osha.

I’m not a fan of Ros, was she even in the book? I don’t mind sex scenes, but the lesbian scene she had in front of Littlefinger was pointless… To me, at least.

No, she wasn't in the book. I think she might replace Alayaya or something. But that's not the point of the thread.

I wonder what will become of Osha when they return to the mainland(hopefully) with Davos. She's not really the type to fit in nicely.

I’m not a fan of Ros, was she even in the book? I don’t mind sex scenes, but the lesbian scene she had in front of Littlefinger was pointless… To me, at least.

Nah, she wasn't in the books at all.

I don't like the idea of more of her either, seems wasteful to spend time on Ros when there is only ten episodes to squeeze A Clash of Kings into.

Edit: LadyofOldcastle, snap.

TV is written for the "lowest common denominator" the T and A stuff is for folks who don't care about the books. This site is about book lovers, and I like that. The TV folks just want fornication, blood and backstabbing no matter if it is "Rome" "The Tudors" "Dexter' "Maury" or "Jersey Shore."

I have to agree that scene was pointless.

I was really excited about getting my mother involved in watching the show (and she loved it!), but I felt so awkward during this scene with her that I had to leave the room. Littlefinger's back story there is important, and it's kind of hard to catch it - play with her ass - during a scene like that, but I absolutely love the show and it's gratuitous sex and violence. I could have done without Ros and Grand Maester Pycelle, too. Do they think she needs to be in every sexposition scene? Doreah and Viserys were much better. :)

TV is written for the "lowest common denominator" the T and A stuff is for folks who don't care about the books. This site is about book lovers, and I like that. The TV folks just want fornication, blood and backstabbing no matter if it is "Rome" "The Tudors" "Dexter' "Maury" or "Jersey Shore."

I just laughed way too loud at work! Maury! :D

LOL, it was not only pointless but overtly distracting, and took away from the scene it was supposed to compliment.

As for Roz, she's gorgeous, IMO, but the fact of her being naked in each and every scene she's in does get a bit old... seriously, when you have hetero male viewers complaining that gratuitous nudity featuring a gorgeous young woman is "too much," then you know you've gone too far. As for what D and D were referring to when they said the Roz was "fun to watch," I can only imagine.... :cool4:

As for Osha....

I love Natalia Teena, but GRRM's newfound fondness for this character has seemed largely based in the good looks of the actress playing her from the beginning. "She's too pretty to be Asha!" Now that he pictures Osha as a gorgeous young actress rather than a hardened, older lady perfectly explains his rapidly increased interest in her. IMO, if they'd included Lolys in the show, and she was played by a pretty woman, perhaps GRRM would be able to present her as an actual human being rather than a walking punchline. And stop making cracks like calling Lolys kid (the product of a violent gang rape) "he of the hundred fathers" and dubbing Lolys "small of wit, but great with child" in the appendixes of various books....

Out of the same 46:

Jon's family crisis leads him to desert the Night's Watch, but he's brought back into the fold after a nighttime forest chase. It looks impressive on screen, but the dingy shooting conditions meant that one stuntwoman needed eight stitches when the set's generators crashed and she ran into a tree.

:lol:

Thank you for sharing this, interesting stuff!

I wonder what will become of Osha when they return to the mainland(hopefully) with Davos. She's not really the type to fit in nicely.

Ah, I beg to differ here... I think Osha is smart, strong, and very adaptable, IMO.

Archived