George is changing parts of TWOW for Osha?

Moshtradamus

It's an incredible compliment really to her acting ability. For me she is Osha pure and simple. Her performance was brillant (one of the most underrated actresses in the series in my opinion) and now when I come across her in the book I see the actress and her protrayal in HBO GOT more than how she was written. She also seems to be a huge fangirl of the world George has created and is very loyal to her fans.

Look George isn't a pompous guy who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. George is actually a really good down to earth guy who I think recognizes that having an open mind is pretty important. Let's face it when there is a good idea there is a good idea and I think George like many of us is sold on the new Osha. His creation of more for character or writing her in a slightly different way will not be that difficult, will not be that drastic, will not have that great an impact on the story, and I think will enhance the overall story if only slightly (still anything you can do to improve something is something you should do right?).

A Song of Ice and Fire is George's work. It's always going to be "his" and "his alone" from now until the end of the time as far as I'm concerned. Nobody would ever say that he changed something in his story because he had to for a tv series...just no way. The TV series like the video games and board games just compliment eachother sort of like all the stuff that has come out for Star Wars in the end to me do not take away from the main Star Wars story at all. So I think George can get away with doing more with Osha and I think it's great that the actress inspired that, because authors need inspiration.

Archived