Myrish Swamp vs. Fat Pink Mast

puenboy

Why don't we just cut down the pink mast and save us the misery of having to read about its future adventures? The only reason I think this is happening is due to fan service to all miserable (as in having such emotions and not as a characteristic) male teen readers out there.

I would prefer not to have any kind of sex scene, please. :stillsick:

But Sammy needs to loosen up, so I'd rather suffer through another FPM. (although that didn't really bother me at all, I was more like- Gilly! You lucky sod!Climb that pole!) :drunk: So yeah...

:ack:

What about "Nipples the size of Saucers"? (saucers are like, 5-6" in diameter AT LEAST, those are impossible sized nipples; unless GRRM uses very tiny saucers).

I shudder to think upon the alternative-Gainax bounce anyone?

:ack:

What about "Nipples the size of Saucers"? (saucers are like, 5-6" in diameter AT LEAST, those are impossible sized nipples; unless GRRM uses very tiny saucers).

I think he was including the ah...areolas as well.

Also I choose Myrish Swamp ;)

I don't get the saucer thing -- where's that allegedly from?

As to the sex scenes, neither of those scenes were written to titillate. Sam's was about the absurdity of it all, with his fumbling and not know what he's doing and not being able to put it into (good) words, and Cersei's was about the tragedy of it, and her language in it is coarse and ugly to match.

GRRM uses the phrase "nipples as large as saucers" in AFFC . One describing Arianne, the other describing a prostitute Jaime comes across during his peace negotiations in the Riverlands.

I can't find the quotes, Arianne's are described as "huge dark nipples" in "The Soiled Knight" chapter in AFFC. Another AFFC: when Jaime is at the siege of Riverrun and comes upon Ser Ryman Frey and a whore, with straw colored hair, but "big brown nipples".

(Seeing a pattern of large "dark" nipples here....why? Is pink too ordinary?). Okay maybe I misread the saucers? Perhaps I read that on the forum, and posters were exaggerating? I dunno.

I don't get the saucer thing -- where's that allegedly from?

As to the sex scenes, neither of those scenes were written to titillate. Sam's was about the absurdity of it all, with his fumbling and not know what he's doing and not being able to put it into (good) words, and Cersei's was about the tragedy of it, and her language in it is coarse and ugly to match.

I agree with you here - people make fun of these phrases but they really do fit the scenes (Sam would've thought it looked like a fat pink mast, it's his POV), Cersei thought Taena's lady parts were a "Myrish swamp" due to her contempt for women in general. GRRM rarely writes any sex scenes to titillate. I poke fun as a jest - I do not think he is a bad writer, or that the sex scenes are that horribly written.

I would prefer not to have any kind of sex scene, please. :stillsick:

But Sammy needs to loosen up, so I'd rather suffer through another FPM. (although that didn't really bother me at all, I was more like- Gilly! You lucky sod!Climb that pole!) :drunk: So yeah...

I lol'd. :lmao:

Archived