Ned is gay.

Sarnius

I have come to this conclusion through piecing things together.

Ned was always an honourable man, he always knews what was the right thing was to do and although I don't think he was ashamed of it once he he realized this but that he was ashamed of what thoughts came into mind.

Well no, I wouldn't say he's fully gay because he loved Catelyn and was perfectly comfortable with having sex with women so I would say he's Bisexual.

Anyways Ned's 'relationship' with Robert was very close, they were like brothers and in Ned's case 'more than brothers'. Ned realized what feelings came up when he was with Robert(At a young age I mean) and thought best to ignore them as he subsequently also knew he was attracted to women and that his minds were playing tricks on him. Also his honour made him deny it as he was unsure whether he really felt like that with Robert because they were close friends and he wanted it to remain like that.

This also explains why he didn't chase after Women as most men do; 1) because of his honour and 2) because he was attracted to both men and female and there was a sort of balance. He could control it and his desires were somewhat muddled.

He probably did dream of a time with him and Robert but I'm guessing that sort of simmered down with the 9 years apart from each other and Ned knew it was best to put his duty and honour over his feelings in most matters; like he had been doing all his life.

He loved Women but also men and even though he accepted it, he knew it could never happen and he was more loyal to Cat than his own desires which shows that he truly loved her. People say Ned was hard to get to have sex with 'whoever' but I think it was that his own sexual preferences came into play and that he really wasn't looking to have sex, but to love. He saw through that barrier that most men jump through to blindly have sex because he had both sides of the mirror and so wasn't like Robert.

Yes he loved Robert romantically for some part of his younghood,

Yes he was attracted to men and women,

But all his life he did what was right and what was the best for everyone. He truly was a good person.

Also I think it would be great if he was gay/bisexual. Kind of like JK Rowling announcing Dumbledore was gay.

I hope George does something like this.

And yes, I'm serious.

Although it may seem over-the-top, please consider it. I know I haven't explained it as best I can but I hope I've made my points clear.

Well, what difference to the story would it make if this were true? None that I can think of...

As to Ned's relationship with Robert, it's a bromance, yes, but what of it? Every man has his bromances!

:P

I think he's serious, so I'm willing to hear this theory out.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind, OP :)

1. Where do you get your evidence from that Ned looked on Robert as more than a friend?

2. Why do you want him to be gay/bisexual?

3. Can you point out any hints that we might have missed, anything you picked up on before you came to this conclusion?

That's all I can think of for now :D

If you're serious, here's why I think your theory is wrong:

1) You have no evidence except for the fact that Ned didn't sleep around.

2) We get Ned's POV, and presumably we would get a sign of his attraction to Robert or other men in his POV if he were gay or bisexual, like we did with Connington's memories of Rhaegar. But we don't get any sign of this in Ned's POV.

If you're serious, here's why I think your theory is wrong:

1) You have no evidence except for the fact that Ned didn't sleep around.

2) We get Ned's POV, and presumably we would get a sign of his attraction to Robert or other men in his POV if he were gay or bisexual, like we did with Connington's memories of Rhaegar. But we don't get any sign of this in Ned's POV.

Wait. Connington fancied Rhaegar? Well, well, well.

would be a weak and stupid act for publicity if he did that. Good thing GRRM is a better person than Rowling and doesn't need the attention.

wow If you have something against gays, please don't show it in this thread.

Also there IS hints that Ned chased girls, even thought he was quite shy.

There must have been some romance between Ned and Ashara, and then that wench at the sisters.

Also I read into the books that he's a little on to Cersi...

There is NO similar hints of affection towards other men.

would be a weak and stupid act for publicity if he did that. Good thing GRRM is a better person than Rowling and doesn't need the attention.

Your comment is really silly, there is certain other that apparently gay.

Archived