Read, you fools!

deleted01

Oh I agree. Though we're all on here, when we could be reading :P

Haha! Well I will defend myself by saying I am at work so I have little choice.

I joke, of course. It's almost like there's a generation gap between me and my younger siblings, when there's actually only about 5 years difference. As I said earlier - too much, too young. I feel older than I am :drunk:

Me too. It sounds like you're at University (mainly from reading the word "debt" lol), so I can say, as a recent grad, that it's amazing the amount of shift that you undergo in that minute five year gap between late adolescence and college graduation.

And not that there's anything wrong with FB or Youtube. Some really great stuff is happening on there and similar sites. But my God, just twenty minutes a day, and you could finish a book in a month. How many times can you check your same friends wall anyway?

Ah well not all of us do that! :P You're not alone!

Yay! Some faith in humanity = restored! :D

Seriously though, I was walking down to volunteering this morning, and I have to go through campus, and there was trails of sick absolutely everywhere. Plus, it was just before 9am, when I assume quite a few people have lectures, and it was dead. Stupid people. Y U NO SPEND YOUR TIME WISELY?!

Haha! Well I will defend myself by saying I am at work so I have little choice.

Me too. It sounds like you're at University (mainly from reading the word "debt" lol), so I can say, as a recent grad, that it's amazing the amount of shift that you undergo in that minute five year gap between late adolescence and college graduation.

And not that there's anything wrong with FB or Youtube. Some really great stuff is happening on there and similar sites. But my God, just twenty minutes a day, and you could finish a book in a month. How many times can you check your same friends wall anyway?

Yesss, first year student, which apparently means "Hi, I've never seen alcohol before, I must drink every drop I lay eyes on" <_< This year has seriously flown though, so I completely agree with your description of 'minute'. I grew up before my time - whether that's fortunate or unfortunate depends on who you ask :P - though I spend quite some time on facebook, I usually spend it posting GoT stuff, or talking to my course-mates about assignments on the group we have :D technology haha

In other words I am surrounded by a bunch of shits.

LOL!

Reading all the posts here I realise I've been much luckier in trying to get my friends to read the books... Come to think of it, I suppose it wasn't exactly luck. I think it may have more to do with the fact that I can be quite nasty. The reluctant ones, the ones that don't like fantasy or couldn't be bothered (the shits, as The Bastard of Bolton calls them) received not only copies of the books but a very clear message (threat) with them: don't bother talking to me, or emailing me, or ringing me until you've started reading!

:D

Yay! Some faith in humanity = restored! :D

Seriously though, I was walking down to volunteering this morning, and I have to go through campus, and there was trails of sick absolutely everywhere. Plus, it was just before 9am, when I assume quite a few people have lectures, and it was dead. Stupid people. Y U NO SPEND YOUR TIME WISELY?!

Hehe no idea! :P Never was attracted to that lifestyle myself.......... :)..............although I haven't volunteered or anything....... :unsure:

LOL!

Reading all the posts here I realise I've been much luckier in trying to get my friends to read the books... Come to think of it, I suppose it wasn't exactly luck. I think it may have more to do with the fact that I can be quite nasty. The reluctant ones, the ones that don't like fantasy or couldn't be bothered (the shits, as The Bastard of Bolton calls them) received not only copies of the books but a very clear message (threat) with them: don't bother talking to me, or emailing me, or ringing me until you've started reading!

If only my friends cared enough about me for that to work :lmao: most of my friends are lazy shits, more's the pity, and I really love this forum because it seems like pretty much everyone has such deep insight into these novels. I came on here like :eek: dafuq? How did I miss that?! :dunce:

Though it might make me feel better if some of my friends didn't catch onto things either, and then I could act all superior :devil:

LOL!

I like your approach! I'll just force- gift them to all my friends whose birthday is near. They won't be able to refuse and once they're hooked it will be easy. :devil:

And yeah, shits all around, indeed!

Hehe no idea! :P Never was attracted to that lifestyle myself.......... :)..............although I haven't volunteered or anything....... :unsure:

Well done, ser! It's good to know that there are some people who actually give a shit about their future, and the money they're throwing away :D

I'm a volunteer at the CAB, I love it! You should do it if you have time - it looks good on the ol' CV, and apparently future employers like to see evidence of you being a good all-rounder, as it were. So these bunch of shits who spend their days passed out in a pool of vomit shall NOT be getting a job over the likes of us :smug:

I like your approach! I'll just force- gift them to all my friends whose birthday is near. They won't be able to refuse and once they're hooked it will be easy. :devil:

And yeah, shits all around, indeed!

It works, trust me. Threaten them with whatever will work for them. And to the 'getting hooked', they all did, every last one of the shits! That's why my threat was 'until you start reading them' - I knew once they started they wouldn't be able to put it down... :-)

I'm a volunteer at the CAB, I love it! You should do it if you have time - it looks good on the ol' CV, and apparently future employers like to see evidence of you being a good all-rounder, as it were. So these bunch of shits who spend their days passed out in a pool of vomit shall NOT be getting a job over the likes of us :smug:

I'm afraid I'm not all that overly optimistic about my job prospects..... :unsure:

I'm afraid I'm not all that overly optimistic about my job prospects..... :unsure:

It's awful here, isn't it :frown5: but at least in Wales, you can get free college and training courses once you've finished uni (and are probably on the dole, damn country :tantrum: )

:ohwell: Mayhaps we should spend this time getting wasted after all! :lol:

<snip>

Oh that's brilliant! I wish I had someone so close to talk to about it all the time. Like I said, my housemate sucks :lol: I had to remind her who Ned was.. no shit!

<snip>

Lol... it is great, except I'm on him to read the Gift chapter cuz and he won't do it!! Drives me up a wall cuz I have to try to keep my mouth shut for what?... 5 years?!?! :bang:

Lol @ your housemate... maybe it's time to place an ad... "New Housemate Wanted: Must be clean, dependable and know who the fk Ned Stark is!"

but at least in Wales, you can get free college and training courses once you've finished uni (and are probably on the dole, damn country :tantrum:

You can??? :stunned: Why has nobody told me this before!!!!

Getting wasted solves nothing though! :lol:

Lol... it is great, except I'm on him to read the Gift chapter cuz and he won't do it!! Drives me up a wall cuz I have to try to keep my mouth shut for what?... 5 years?!?! :bang:

Lol @ your housemate... maybe it's time to place an ad... "New Housemate Wanted: Must be clean, dependable and know who the fk Ned Stark is!"

:lmao: :lmao:

YES!!! Not a bad idea - I definitely picked some wrong'uns this time around xD

You can??? :stunned: Why has nobody told me this before!!!!

Getting wasted solves nothing though! :lol:

Apparently so! My cousin lives in Wales now, and she hasn't got very high hopes of getting a job once she's finished her degree. I can talk to her more about it and let you know if you want :)

Lucky Welsh in Ireland the college fees are just rising and rising but sure thats what you get for putting all your trust in the construction industry

I'm not sure which courses they are, mayhaps they're the basic ones that used to be free from the JobCentre in England too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've scrapped them as well :dunno: University fees in England and Wales are rising this year, aren't they, to about £9000 a year is it? :eek: Is it the same for Ireland?

Yes I've derailed my own thread - but this is kind of linked! Please don't shut us down, mods :blushing:

What was this thread about again? At first I thought it was about getting people you know to read the books, now I feel like I'm being yelled at for drinking too much in college. Yea, that's right, we call it college here not university :fencing:

@fire&blood

Did you have Gandalf in mind when you named this thread? That's all I can think of when I read the title- Gandalf hanging on the ledge after casting down the Balrog, looking at a bunch of crying hobbits and saying 'read..you fools!'

Apparently so! My cousin lives in Wales now, and she hasn't got very high hopes of getting a job once she's finished her degree. I can talk to her more about it and let you know if you want :)

Hehe really??? :) You don't have to do that! It is very kind of you though! Thank you! :D

I'm not sure which courses they are, mayhaps they're the basic ones that used to be free from the JobCentre in England too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've scrapped them as well :dunno: University fees in England and Wales are rising this year, aren't they, to about £9000 a year is it? :eek: Is it the same for Ireland?

Yes I've derailed my own thread - but this is kind of linked! Please don't shut us down, mods :blushing:

9000 gold dragons for one year ?!?! :eek: I'm sooo fortunate, really! I should like my country more then I do, I only pay about 150 € per semester, and 160€ per month for the dorm! Holy fuckballs!

9000 gold dragons for one year ?!?! :eek: I'm sooo fortunate, really! I should like my country more then I do, I only pay about 150 € per semester, and 160€ per month for the dorm! Holy fuckballs!

:o Wow! Yeah that's just the tuition fees. Then you have living expenses on top. At the moment they're about £3000 each year, plus around £3000 for living (well, I get that because I'm poor :D some people get less), so £6000 per year of debt. Once the tuition fees go up to £9000, it'll be at least £12000 worth of debt each year, ish.

And they wonder why people are boycotting education [insert yao ming face here] :lmao:

Archived