Did anyone catch Spartacus Friday?

Gorgamash

Yup, though for me (in Canada) it was first aired on Sunday night on The Movie Network. Back when I first heard he had left GoT & would appear on Spartacus, I thought maybe he had gotten a regular role there... but now after seeing his first Spartacus episode, let's just say I'm not so sure that is the case. I honestly don't even see how he could face those guys again after what happened...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...................................................

Spartacus slays the Giant! oooh you fools who thought it would be Sansa.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nooo....it wasn't Sansa slaying a Giant...it was SPARTACUS!!!!!! Now if we can just get Spartacus to Meereen.................

I read an article where he went over and basically asked the Spartacus folks to be in an episode. He is in NZ filming for The Hobbit (which could be one of the reasons why he left GoT)

Conan Stevens, who played Gregor briefly (and silently) in episodes 4 and 5 of the first season, is a busy, busy man these days; he’s appearing in The Hobbit, among other things, and as such his schedule doesn’t line up with the filming for GoT S2.

OK it looks like it was just a scheduling issue mainly due to The Hobbit.

Conan: The best thing about that role was that it fit in perfectly with a break in filming "The Hobbit" and it was a series that I had been watching for about 12 months for an opening as I really wanted "Spartacus" on my resume alongside "Game of Thrones" and "the Hobbit" - I was sure that those three mentioned together would open the audition door to almost any movie that I will be interested in working on.

I was sad to see him leave the show, but his big scenes in two episodes of the first season (6 and 9) were cut, and Gregor's role on the show was reduced to basically a featured extra. I can't say I blame him for walking away.

its pissed me off to no end that this is basically what they also did to Sandor Clegane as well.......

butchered out his scenes just for wasted gratuitous sex shit with Ros...AURGH!

I guess the Clegane brothers don't count as "sexy" enough for the idiot show producers

I rather like the new Spartacus but I also had to change my mindset that "spartacus" is a different character than the original one as i miss andy :( :bawl:

still....im digging that glaber has kahonas now!!!

and it was nice to see gannicus quit being a whiny dweeb

i did like conan's appearance!!! he did a great job and i wish they had kept him as gregor but....seems like his Hobbit committment was more for his best interest and the show had to move on. its not like gregor was one for grand speeches anyways......

Just because conan wil not be in season 2 doesn't mean he walked out on the show, hell it doesn't even mean he wont be playing Gregor in season 3. Here is my theory, they cut all Gregor's major seens in season 2 and will just use the 7' guy that was the OTHER in the first episode to sorta stand in for Conan just keep the helm on and make the armour bulky to hide how much less bilt the guy is and Conan can come back for season 3 to do The mountain's epic fight scene with the Vipor

Spartacus certainly isn't what it used to be but seeing The Mountain was cool, maybe I'm biased because I like GoT more but Conan was more convincing than most of the other gladiators.

I wonder where the "news" that I walked out on GoT came from?

Is this the real deal? If so, does that mean we'll be seeing you in GoT in the future?

Is this the real deal?

If he isnt I wonder how he got the costumised title with 1 post :huh:

Welcome to the community ;)

The news was The Mountain recast in S2, and it was all over the place. The rest was just speculation i think.

Are you really Conan?! If so, pleaseeeee come back for Season 3. Also loved your role in Spartacus but would've liked you as a regular character. Hope you enjoy the Hobbit! :)

I have now written an article on my website about my feelings in regards to GoT season 02+.

The Spartacus footage was cut down from what we originally filmed too, a disappointment for myself, but this career choice is a string of disappointments that you cannot take personally. As an Actor you get used to not getting auditions, not getting roles, films sitting in a vault never to resurface, edits that you would prefer differently, the list goes on and on.

I have seen some beginners almost moved to tears as they thought "failing" an audition was a reflection of their self worth. You get over that pretty quickly or you get another career.

As a good stunt co-ordinator once told me "At the end of the day it's just another movie on the shelf. You watch it once and it goes on the shelf next to the others." Basically you do your job and you move on, why get stuck in the past when you have no control - this relates to good work just as equally.

My mind is rather all over the place so if this is disjointed I apologise but I have a few other things on my mind which I should get back to (writing a new movie script is one of them)

I have now written an article on my website about my feelings in regards to GoT season 02+.

The Spartacus footage was cut down from what we originally filmed too, a disappointment for myself, but this career choice is a string of disappointments that you cannot take personally. As an Actor you get used to not getting auditions, not getting roles, films sitting in a vault never to resurface, edits that you would prefer differently, the list goes on and on.

I have seen some beginners almost moved to tears as they thought "failing" an audition was a reflection of their self worth. You get over that pretty quickly or you get another career.

As a good stunt co-ordinator once told me "At the end of the day it's just another movie on the shelf. You watch it once and it goes on the shelf next to the others." Basically you do your job and you move on, why get stuck in the past when you have no control - this relates to good work just as equally.

My mind is rather all over the place so if this is disjointed I apologise but I have a few other things on my mind which I should get back to (writing a new movie script is one of them)

wow........link?

Whatever you choose to do, you have my support. You're such an amazing actor capable of being MANY roles.

Archived