Odds of Jaime and Brienne Ending Up Together

Ser Adam Dayne

Ok, this is a high fantasy epic, with dragons and people rising from the dead, and that's just for starters. On that note, it's not impossible for these two to end up together, either getting married or just in love, dare I say. While Brienne is obviously not attractive, I think Jaime is past things like that at this point. So, what needs to happen for these two to end up together?

1)Jaime needs to be freed from KG oath in order to be out in the open with Brienne

2)Cersei needs to die?

3)Brienne needs to wrap up her dealings with UnCat. UnCat would not like this pairing at all

This is a tricky pairing if they are going to be out in the open with it. However, I think these two were made for each other. By the end of the series, Jaime might end up being the highest standing male member of a major house still alive. Thoughts?

As much as I would like to see those two get together at some point, I really don't think it's going to happen…

Jamie is a superficial guy, he likes good looking woman, or I should say he likes Cercei, who is good looking. You just have to think of the way he was thinking about her (Brienne) in his POVs, I know people can change their mind, but that would be an extreme 180 degrees turn for him.

Especially now that her face has been partially bitten off…

I always thought that through their journey together, he learned to appreciate her as a friend, but nothing more. I might be wrong though.

On an other hand, I think it's about time for Jaimie to start dating women who are NOT family related!!! :ack:

And I want Brienne to be happy and loved… Too bad there are no plastic surgeries in westeros after what happened to her… :crying:

I'd love to see these two get together, but both characters earn greater pathos if they don't. Plus, it would never work, Jaime's not over Cersie yet, nor do I think he ever will be.

I don't think GRRM has any intention of taking us down that romantic route, otherwise he would not have had Brienne's face mutilated by Biter.

I'd love to see these two get together, but both characters earn greater pathos if they don't. Plus, it would never work, Jaime's not over Cersie yet, nor do I think he ever will be.

I don't think GRRM has intention of taking us down that romantic route, otherwise he would not have had Brienne's face mutilated by Biter.

That's exactly what I think. They do make a great team though, can't wait to learn what's going to happen with them... Don’t die Jaimie please!

I would not be surprised if something were to happen, but absolutely not permanently. Jaime's been going on something of a redemption crusade - sort of, depending on the reader - and one of the major things that seems to be happening is his taste in women. Cersei is a beautiful, selfish, conniving, feminine, basically insane woman who thought too highly of herself (she's been humbled, but we shall see how well that sticks). Brienne is a hideous, rough-around-the-edges, generous, honorable, devoted warrior woman. Brienne is so incredibly not Cersei that they can't even be considered foils. If Jaime were to make such a drastic change in his taste of women, it would express how much he's changed.

When I say "something", I mean anything. Even something as small as one of them admitting to themselves that they're head over heels for the other. I also wouldn't be surprised if their relationship didn't progress at all

But I guess what I said in the first paragraph is what Martin's teasing us with. If Jaime's redeemed, he'll admit to liking Brienne.

So the odds? Directly correlated to how much Jaime changes

I guess it would be a huge victory even if one of them admitted having feelings for the other. I see women being the two biggest roadblocks for these two, that being UnCat and Cersei. I think both of them could come to terms with their respective oaths and not let them get in the way. I'm pretty much pulling for Jaime, Brienne, Arya and Sansa.

If you look at it this way, Jaime has already done more for Brienne than for anybody else that he hasn't been related to, without expecting anything in return. It would be a pretty large victory for GRRM if he could pull this one off. Do you have more of a seemingly morally repugnant character than Jaime in the beginning of the series? And Brienne is subject to universal scorn from men and women based on her looks, but has as much honor as anybody. So you would basically get the guy who is the best looking man in the realm with the least amount of "honor" ending up with the most un-attractive woman in the realm with the most honor out of anybody! However, life is not a song, is it?

I guess it would be a huge victory even if one of them admitted having feelings for the other. I see women being the two biggest roadblocks for these two, that being UnCat and Cersei. I think both of them could come to terms with their respective oaths and not let them get in the way. I'm pretty much pulling for Jaime, Brienne, Arya and Sansa.

If you look at it this way, Jaime has already done more for Brienne than for anybody else that he hasn't been related to, without expecting anything in return. It would be a pretty large victory for GRRM if he could pull this one off. Do you have more of a seemingly morally repugnant character than Jaime in the beginning of the series? And Brienne is subject to universal scorn from men and women based on her looks, but has as much honor as anybody. So you would basically get the guy who is the best looking man in the realm with the least amount of "honor" ending up with the most un-attractive woman in the realm with the most honor out of anybody! However, life is not a song, is it?

I thought Brienne already has feelings for Jaimie? Of course, she’s not madly in love as she was with Renly, but she did start to think of him in a way that made me believe that…

It’s true that from the first look of it, Jaimie is a good looking guy with no honor at all, but he does have some and Brienne came to see it. So now, she can follow her usual pattern of having crushes on unattainable men…

I thought Brienne already has feelings for Jaimie? Of course, she’s not madly in love as she was with Renly, but she did start to think of him in a way that made me believe that…

It’s true that from the first look of it, Jaimie is a good looking guy with no honor at all, but he does have some and Brienne came to see it. So now, she can follow her usual pattern of having crushes on unattainable men…

I've said it before and will again. Why, oh why, does Brienne have to love the best-looking guys in the Realm? First, Renly, who both Brienne and Sansa thought was the best-looking guy in the kingdom, then Jaime (my fave POV). It drives me as nuts as does Tyrion's desire for only gorgeous women. I want to reach through the book and give Brienne a copy of Smart Women, Foolish Choices.

I've said it before and will again. Why, oh why, does Brienne have to love the best-looking guys in the Realm? First, Renly, who both Brienne and Sansa thought was the best-looking guy in the kingdom, then Jaime (my fave POV). It drives me as nuts as does Tyrion's desire for only gorgeous women. I want to reach through the book and give Brienne a copy of Smart Women, Foolish Choices.

I think it has more to do with him saving her from a bear pit. Besides he only has one hand. Surely, the handsome man in the kingdom would be more symmetrical.

I think Jaime wants Brienne, but woould not know how to have her in his life. The same for Brienne. And most importantly, I believe Brienne will kill Jaime. :tantrum:

:agree: but it will happen after Briene has her way with him :smileysex:

I'm torn on this one. Jaime and Brienne would, genetically, have the potential to produce an exceptional warrior - tall, naturally gifted father, and behemoth warrior woman mother. With proper training, which I assume the child would get, their child would make Gregor Clegane shit his pants when he/she reached adulthood.

On the other hand, I still dislike Jaime for chucking Bran.

I like the idea of Gregor Clegane shitting his pants :D

I don't know if these two would be considered bittersweet. GRRM is more like to allow them to get it on long enough for Brienne to wind up with a bastard child and then kill Jamie with a Cersei shadowbaby so that Brienne gets to suffer all over again. Thats more bitter than sweet but heck I am not counting chickens yet for these two getting any 'happily ever after'

Archived