Odds of Jaime and Brienne Ending Up Together

Ser Adam Dayne

Another thing I was thinking about today was the way Jaime sent Red Ronnet Connington away after the conversation they have at the bear pit at Harrenhall. The quote is "Jaime had charged Red Ronnet with the task of delivering Wylis Manderly to Maidenpool, so he would not need to look on him henceforth."

In my opinion, that seems awfully strong for just being annoyed that Red Ronnet made an insulting comment about Brienne. That seems more like jealousy, not wanting to look at the man who was once engaged, however disastrously, to the woman you are developing feelings for.

Ah yes, good point.

It seems Jaime is both angry with the man for upsetting Brienne, but you are right, there definitely seems more to it than that. Jealousy could expain his intense feelings of loathing for the guy. After all, Jaime himself said really hurtful things to Brienne. It makes me snigger that Jaime said those things to her and now nobody else is allowed to.

I would be really upset if they ended up together or had a "thing". it would be so cliche and would immediately make me think less of the quality of writing

Why is Jaime and Brienne cliché? In fact, I can't remember any romance ever written with two such backwards protagonists, but perhaps you are an expert in awkward pairings and can enlighten the rest of us as to why it is so cliché since maimed, villanous, rather Byronic heroes always end up with honourable, upstanding, disfigured and plain women?

Of course - but who falls in love with the Doctor? ;)

Neither of them.. and won't that be good for the Doctor? His ego is going to get a bit big if everyone keeps falling in love with him.

On topic: Jaime and Brienne are destined to be together and everyone should just accept it! :)

Oh, and also, I like the parallel between the way on her journey through the Riverlands, Brienne tries to find/identify the same stone wall she and Jaime and had passed by near Maidenpool, the one where they were attacked by archers, and the way Jaime is drawn to the bear pit at Harrenhall. Could it be more obvious that they are into each other? They even go to/look for places they associate with each other!

Forgot to say that I really liked this post, and the point about his loneliness and both being outsiders. I think Brienne is desperately lonely too. I just hope that they manage to survive and get past whatever UnCat has in store in TWOW, especially since GRRM has recently confirmed that the word Brienne shouted was 'sword'. Which seems to indicate that she was prepared to agree to kill Jaime in order to save Pod and Ser Hyle :( I hope the two of them manage to get around this somehow, because the idea of Brienne betraying anyone is painful enough, let alone the one person who's shown her any real respect (I am not counting young Pod of course). (Am holding onto the hope that by the end of ADWD, quite some time has passed since Jaime went off with her, and surely word of his death would have reached KL by then, seeing he has been 'missing' for some weeks. Killing the Kingslayer would not be something that the outlaws would want to keep quiet!) Ah well, hope is eternal, they say ....

Yes, I completely agree with you on this. Both Jaime and Brienne have this immense loneliness about them as outsiders. Which is a bit strange since Jaime had Cersei for so long, yet it seems despite the sexual side to it, they interacted more like siblings, making it an immature and selfish relationship when it comes to being an adult couple.

It seems odd that the BWB would not have announced that they'd killed the Kingslayer or the heiress of Tarth had they hanged them. There are a couple of things that could intervene for them, I suppose. Gendry, since we saw that he liked them giving the Hound a fair trial and Brienne saved the orphans. Septon Meribald was let go, so could potentially be of help. The Blackfish would perhaps want to capture Jaime and trade him for Edmure. Then there is Brienne's oath to Cat where she wanted to be free to kill Stannis. All of them pretty flimsy, but it makes me wonder why nothing has been heard for so long. I don't believe in death as a sidenote in ASOIAF, it tends to never happen. :)

Oh, and also, I like the parallel between the way on her journey through the Riverlands, Brienne tries to find/identify the same stone wall she and Jaime and had passed by near Maidenpool, the one where they were attacked by archers, and the way Jaime is drawn to the bear pit at Harrenhall. Could it be more obvious that they are into each other? They even go to/look for places they associate with each other!

Yes, good point. I think they both have it bad, but neither of them seem to want to acknowledge it. :) Perhaps the meeting with UnCat will force some confessions out?

Why is Jaime and Brienne cliché? In fact, I can't remember any romance ever written with two such backwards protagonists, but perhaps you are an expert in awkward pairings and can enlighten the rest of us as to why it is so cliché since maimed, villanous, rather Byronic heroes always end up with honourable, upstanding, disfigured and plain women?

It seems to me that cliché is just a word that people throw at just about anything they don´t like about the books. Pretty much every major character and/or event has been called a cliché on these boards

Yes, I completely agree with you on this. Both Jaime and Brienne have this immense loneliness about them as outsiders. Which is a bit strange since Jaime had Cersei for so long, yet it seems despite the sexual side to it, they interacted more like siblings, making it an immature and selfish relationship when it comes to being an adult couple.

I never thought about it before, but you are right, many of their interactions do remind me of siblings more than two adults in a relationship.

It seems odd that the BWB would not have announced that they'd killed the Kingslayer or the heiress of Tarth had they hanged them. There are a couple of things that could intervene for them, I suppose. Gendry, since we saw that he liked them giving the Hound a fair trial and Brienne saved the orphans. Septon Meribald was let go, so could potentially be of help. The Blackfish would perhaps want to capture Jaime and trade him for Edmure. Then there is Brienne's oath to Cat where she wanted to be free to kill Stannis. All of them pretty flimsy, but it makes me wonder why nothing has been heard for so long. I don't believe in death as a sidenote in ASOIAF, it tends to never happen.

Martin made a point on Kevan reflecting that Jaime had been missing for awhile now and confirmed that Brienne said the word "sword". That leads me to believe he wants their to be a mystery about his fate, not that Jaime is dead. There is no logic behind the BWB keeping his death a quiet at all. Something is going on with him, I just don't know what.

It seems to me that cliché is just a word that people throw at just about anything they don´t like about the books. Pretty much every major character and/or event has been called a cliché on these boards

That's my observation as well but I hear it most often when it comes to the idea of Jon as king, Dany saving Westeros with her dragons, or any character pairing they don't like. For all the talk of Martin subverting tropes and avoiding cliche, he plays things pretty close to a typical fantasy in a lot of ways. We've got the hero with a mysterious origin and hints of some great destiny, legends and prophecies, dragons, magic swords, a knight (who is a woman and not a knight) on a quest to save the damsel in distress. Sounds like typical fantasy to me.

I never thought about it before, but you are right, many of their interactions do remind me of siblings more than two adults in a relationship.

In addition to this, I think Jaime seeing it more as an adult relationship made him want to break up with Cersei, while to Cersei it seems it hasn't really occurred to her that it's over between them. When she wrote to Jaime she didn't seem to realise that she had, to all intents and purposes, broken up with him, yet suddenly she somehow assumed that they would always be together like siblings. She seems to still see their relationship as a sibling relationship, including sibling bickering, while Jaime seems to see it as an adult relationship, which is also why he is going through the "divorce" phase of taking two steps forward and one back.

Should Jaime get a second stint with Brienne away somewhere, that could definitely form the final nail in the coffin for Cersei, especially since Cersei was so convinced he would never leave her for someone like Brienne.

Martin made a point on Kevan reflecting that Jaime had been missing for awhile now and confirmed that Brienne said the word "sword". That leads me to believe he wants their to be a mystery about his fate, not that Jaime is dead. There is no logic behind the BWB keeping his death a quiet at all. Something is going on with him, I just don't know what.

I'm so tempted to start a thread with theories of what can save Jaime and Brienne, whether the Blackfish, Septon Meribald, Bran via the Weirwood web, the Hound having followed them, Gendry calling Rh'llor, someone murdering UnCat etc. etc.

That's my observation as well but I hear it most often when it comes to the idea of Jon as king, Dany saving Westeros with her dragons, or any character pairing they don't like. For all the talk of Martin subverting tropes and avoiding cliche, he plays things pretty close to a typical fantasy in a lot of ways. We've got the hero with a mysterious origin and hints of some great destiny, legends and prophecies, dragons, magic swords, a knight (who is a woman and not a knight) on a quest to save the damsel in distress. Sounds like typical fantasy to me.

Yep, I agree with this. A lot of stuff is played pretty straight although some of the characters are certainly going against conventional wisdom, but the overall story is probably going to mostly follow a conventional track. For non conventional stuff there's always China Mieville (I loved The Scar so much) and Joe Abercrombie.

I think one of them will die, and the other will get some epic character development out of it.

Jaime's more likely to bite it at this point, really.

A lot of people would agree with you. I am not one of them. One or both may die, but I do not think it will anytime soon. It seems too obvious for me story wise for the Brienne to bring Jamie to unCat simply to get hanged, or die in a duel against Brienne. I think they may "get-together" but I doubt they'll end up happily ever after.

In addition to this, I think Jaime seeing it more as an adult relationship made him want to break up with Cersei, while to Cersei it seems it hasn't really occurred to her that it's over between them. When she wrote to Jaime she didn't seem to realise that she had, to all intents and purposes, broken up with him, yet suddenly she somehow assumed that they would always be together like siblings. She seems to still see their relationship as a sibling relationship, including sibling bickering, while Jaime seems to see it as an adult relationship, which is also why he is going through the "divorce" phase of taking two steps forward and one back.

Should Jaime get a second stint with Brienne away somewhere, that could definitely form the final nail in the coffin for Cersei, especially since Cersei was so convinced he would never leave her for someone like Brienne.

I have no doubt that Cersei will grow even more crazy as the series goes on. The final chapter for the two of them in Feast really illustrated for me on how different a path they are now on. They will never be reconciled.

I'm so tempted to start a thread with theories of what can save Jaime and Brienne, whether the Blackfish, Septon Meribald, Bran via the Weirwood web, the Hound having followed them, Gendry calling Rh'llor, someone murdering UnCat etc. etc.

If you start it, I'll be there. I like Jaime/Brienne but I LOVE Jaime/Jaime not dying so am eager to look in to any possibility. Your post in that other thread about Jaime's color has me thinking too. I need to put my thoughts in to something more coherent but I might put something together about that too.

Some selected quotes from the story we can use for discussion purposes...

Times Brienne thinks about Jaime when they're apart:

1) Jaime would not do that. He was sincere. He gave me the sword, and called it Oathkeeper.

2) She meant to keep the heavy oaken shield Jaime had given her, the one he'd borne himself from Harrenhal to King's Landing.

3) The bathhouse had been thick with the steam rising off the water, and Jaime had come walking through that mist naked as his name day, looking half a corpse and half a god. He climbed into the tub with me, she remembered, blushing.

4) Would that Jaime had come with me, she thought... but he was a knight of the Kingsguard, his rightful place was with his king.

5) Zollo and Rorge and Shagwell would have raped her half a hundred times if Ser Jaime had not told them she was worth her weight in sapphires.

6) Jaime sang "Six Maids in a Pool," and laughed when I begged him to be quiet.

7) That night she dreamed herself in Renly's tent again... And when the shadow sword sliced through the green steel gorget and the blood began to flow, she saw that the dying king was not Renly after all but Jaime Lannister, and she had failed him.

8) Ghosts. "A wall I rode by once. It does not matter." It was when Ser Jaime still had both his hands.

9) She went to sleep dreaming of the fight they'd had, and of Ser Jaime fastening a rainbow cloak about her shoulders.

10) He clawed at his belt and came up with a dagger, so Brienne cut his hand off. That one was for Jaime.

11) "You have two hands." One more than you left Jaime.

12) All of it came pouring out of Brienne then, like black blood from a wound... the voyage down the Trident, dueling Jaime in the woods, the Bloody Mummers, Jaime crying "Sapphires," Jaime in the tub at Harrenhal with steam rising from his body, the taste of Vargo Hoat's blood when she bit down on his ear, the bear pit, Jaime leaping down onto the sand, the long ride to King's Landing, Sansa Stark, the vow she'd sworn to Jaime, the vow she'd sworn to Lady Catelyn, Oathkeeper, Duskendale, Maidenpool, Nimble Dick and Crackclaw and the Whispers, the men she'd killed... "I have to find her," she finished. "There are others looking, all wanting to capture her and sell her to the queen. I have to find her first. I promised Jaime. Oathkeeper, he named the sword. I have to try to save her... or die in the attempt."

13) I could slink back to King's Landing, confess my failure to Ser Jaime, give him back his sword, and find a ship to carry me home to Tarth, as the Elder Brother urged. The thought was a bitter one, yet there was part of her that yearned for Evenfall and her father, and another part that wondered if Jaime would comfort her should she weep upon his shoulder. That was what men wanted, wasn't it? Soft helpless women that they needed to protect?

14) "Sapphires," she whispered at him, as she gave her blade a hard twist that made him shudder.

15) "Jaime," she heard herself scream, "Jaime."

16) She could not fight without her magic sword. Ser Jaime had given it to her. The thought of failing him as she had failed Lord Renly made her want to weep. "My sword. Please, I have to find my sword... Jaime called it Oathkeeper. Please."

17) Oathkeeper. I have to find the girl. I have to find his honor.

18) Jaime! she wanted to cry. Jaime, come back for me!

19) "The Kingslayer's whore." She flinched. "Why would you call me that?"

"If I had a silver stag for every time you said his name, I'd be as rich as your friends the Lannisters."

20) Jaime. The name was a knife, twisting in her belly. "Lady Catelyn, I... you do not understand, Jaime... he saved me from being raped when the Bloody Mummers took us, and later he came back for me, he leapt into the bear pit empty-handed... I swear to you, he is not the man he was."

Times Jaime thinks about Brienne when they're apart:

1)"You'd best see to her as well. She's still limping on the leg I pricked when we fought."

2) Jaime gave him a sharp look. "Brienne?"...

"I had told Lord Vargo there were no sapphires on Tarth, but he will not listen. He is convinced the Evenstar intends to cheat him."...

The news irritated him, though he supposed he should have seen it coming...The lie spared you awhile, wench. Be grateful for that much... why should I care?

3) The wench would have told him he had to eat before he slept, to keep his strength up, but he was more tired than hungry.

4) “I swore to keep you safe,” the wench said stubbornly. “I swore an oath.” Naked, she raised her hands to Jaime. "Ser. Please. If you would be so good."...

In this light she could almost be a beauty, he thought...

She was as tall and strong as he remembered, yet it seemed to Jaime that she had more of a woman’s shape now...

"Listen." She put a hand on his shoulder, and he trembled at the sudden touch. She's warm...

"I will fight you one by one or all together. But who is there for the wench to duel? She gets cross when you leave her out."...

Then his sword went dark, and only Brienne's burned, as the ghosts came rushing in...

5) Jaime ran his fingers through his hair. "Walton," he said, "saddle the horses. I want to go back."...

"I left something at Harrenhal."

6) All of a sudden, he knew what was happening. Have we come too late? His stomach did a lurch, and he slammed his spurs into his horse... They had her in the bear pit...

"Her name's Brienne... Pull her out of there."... There's the wench I remember... "I'll pay her bloody ransom. Gold, sapphires, whatever you want. Pull her out of there."

7) He had to laugh. Too sweet! His ear! He could scarcely wait to tell Brienne, though the wench wouldn't find it half so funny as he did.

8) "That woman from Tarth is the reason I'm here. I tossed her into a cell to appease Ser Loras, but I'll believe in Renly's ghost before I believe she did him any harm."

9) "She swore an oath to bring me to King's Landing, and here I sit. This hand I lost... well, that was my doing as much as hers. Considering all she did to protect me, I have no doubt that she would have fought for Renly, had there been a foe to fight."

10) Jaime sat alone at the table while the shadows crept across the room. As dusk began to settle, he lit a candle and opened the White Book to his own page. Quill and ink he found in a drawer...

Returned safely to King's Landing by Brienne, the Maid of Tarth.

11) As he lowered himself into the steaming water, he recalled another bath, the one he'd shared with Brienne.

12) Unbidden, his thoughts went to Brienne of Tarth. Stupid stubborn ugly wench. He wondered where she was. Father, give her strength.

13) He passed beneath the covered bridge and through the Flowstone Yard before he realized where he was headed. As he neared the bear pit, he saw the glow of a lantern, its pale wintry light washing over the tiers of steep stone seats. Someone has come before me, it would seem...

Jaime's golden hand cracked him across the mouth so hard the other knight went stumbling down the steps. His lantern fell and smashed, and the oil spread out, burning. "You are speaking of a highborn lady, ser. Call her by her name. Call her Brienne."

14) It was on his tongue to speak of Brienne and the sword he'd given her, but the Blackfish was looking at him the way that Eddard Stark had looked at him when he'd found him on the Iron Throne with the Mad King's blood upon his blade.

15) "What is it you like in a woman, m'lord?"

"Innocence."

16) Brienne, where are you? Have you found her?

Times Jaime thinks about Brienne on the road back (just some):

1) Jaime watched her eyes. Pretty eyes, he thought, and calm.

2) "I did not intend to give offense, Brienne. Forgive me."

3) "You have an arrow in your back, you know. And another in your leg. You ought to let me tend them."

4) The swords kissed and sprang apart, and kissed again. Jaime's blood was singing...

"Come on, come on, my sweetling, the music's still playing. Might I have this dance, my lady?"...

She looks as if they caught us fucking instead of fighting...

"You caught me chastising my wife."...

5) Jaime felt sorry for her. She would lose her maidenhood tonight, he had no doubt.

There's a pig-stubborn bitch, he thought. But brave, yes...

"Tarth is called the Sapphire Isle, a maiden told me once."

6) How can such a night be beautiful? he asked himself. Why would the stars want to look down on such as me?

"Jaime," Brienne whispered, so faintly he thought he was dreaming it. "Jaime, what are you doing?"

"Dying," he whispered back.

"No," she said, "no, you must live."

He wanted to laugh. "Stop telling me what do, wench. I'll die if it pleases me."

7) The wench has built a fortress inside herself. They will rape her soon enough, but behind her walls they cannot touch her. But Jaime’s walls were gone...

Stupid stubborn brave bitch. She was going to get herself good and killed, he knew it. And what do I care if she does?...

Yet he heard himself whisper, "Let them do it, and go away inside." That's what he had done... "Think of Renly, if you loved him. Think of Tarth, mountains and seas, pools, waterfalls, whatever you have on your Sapphire Isle, think..."

But Rorge had won the argument by then.

He shouted, "SAPPHIRES," as loudly as he could.

Cursing, Rorge kicked at his stump again. Jaime howled. I never knew there was such agony in the world, was the last thing he remembered thinking.

8) "There are other tubs."

"This one suits me well enough... What say we make a truce?"

"Truces are built on trust. Would you have me trust --"

"The Kingslayer, yes... Come, curse me, or kiss me, or call me a liar."...

Brienne caught him before he could fall... Gentler than Cersei, he thought as she helped him from the tub, his legs wobbly as a limp cock. "Guards!" he heard the wench shout. "The Kingslayer!"

Jaime, he thought, my name is Jaime.

9) "Bring me clean garb for him," Brienne said, "I’ll see that he’s washed and dressed."

Brienne went away to retrieve her towel, and returned with a stiff brush to finish scrubbing him. One of the guards gave her a razor to trim his beard... With the wench’s help he managed to dress himself...

"Bring me the potion that grows new hands,” said Jaime. "That’s the one I want."

"Drink it," Brienne said, unsmiling, and he did...

"I can still walk. Brienne, give me your arm." Clutching her, Jaime let them herd him across the yard to a vast draughty hall, larger even than the throne room in King's Landing.

10) "You want her? Go get her."

So he did...

"Kingslayer?" he heard Brienne say, astonished.

"Jaime."...

"What are you doing here?"

"Something stupid. Get behind me." He circled toward her, putting himself between Brienne and the bear.

"You get behind. I have the sword."...

"Get behind me!"...

Brienne tried to dart around, but he kicked her legs out from under her. She fell in the sand, clutching the useless sword. Jaime straddled her, and the bear came charging...

"You are still maiden, I hope?... Oh, good," Jaime said. "I only rescue maidens."...

"I am grateful, but... you were well away. Why come back?"

A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged. "I dreamed of you," he said.

11) He turned abruptly and galloped back to find Brienne. God knows why I bother.

12) She looked so miserable that Jaime almost found himself wanting to comfort her.

That day Brienne had been like one half-dead. Even calling her "wench" failed to provoke any response. The strength is gone from her.

13) Brienne's big blue eyes were full of hurt as Balon Swann and a dozen gold cloaks led her away. You ought to be blowing me kisses, wench, he wanted to tell her.

14) "Blue is a good color on you, my lady," Jaime observed. "It goes well with your eyes." She does have astonishing eyes.

Brienne glanced down at herself, flustered. "Septa Donyse padded out the bodice, to give it that shape. She said you sent her to me... You look..."

"Different?" He managed a half-smile. "More meat on the ribs and fewer lice in my hair, that’s all. The stump’s the same."...

"The white cloak..."

"... is new, but I’m sure I’ll soil it soon enough."

"That wasn’t... I was about to say that it becomes you."...

Brienne looked at him. "You do not believe he did it."

Jaime gave her a hard smile. "See, wench? We know each other too well... There's the stubborn stupid wench that I remember."

She reddened. "My name is..."

"Brienne of Tarth." Jaime sighed. "I have a gift for you."

Times in the bathhouse Jaime notices Brienne is naked:

1) "Not so hard, wench," he called. "You'll scrub the skin off."

2) "My lady of Tarth doesn't want the likes of you scum gaping at her teats."

3) "Have no fear, wench. Your thighs are purple and green, and I'm not interested in what you've got between them."

4) He smiled as a red flush crept up the thick white column of her neck. She turned her back to him. "Still the shy maiden? What is it that you think I haven't seen?"

5) Jaime caught a glimpse of the thick blonde bush at the juncture of her thighs as she climbed out... he felt his cock stir beneath the bathwater.

6) She wrapped her nakedness in a towel.

7) The wench looked ridiculous, clutching her towel to her meager teats with her thick white legs sticking out beneath.

8) Her arm was all gooseflesh, clammy and chilled, but she was strong, and gentler than he would have thought.

9) Brienne was naked, but she seemed to have forgotten that for the moment.

10) Brienne went away to retrieve her towel...

Times Cersei mocks Jaime's stump:

1) Cersei recoiled from his stump.

2) "Get out, I said. I am sick of looking at that ugly stump of yours. Get out!"

3) "Oh, an angry cripple."

4) "Are you deaf as well as maimed? You'll find the door behind you, ser."

Times Jaime thinks of Cersei badly (just some):

1) I thought that I was the Warrior and Cersei was the Maid, but all the time she was the Stranger, hiding her true face from my gaze.

2) "I'm the queen o' whores."

No, Jaime thought, my sweet sister holds that title too.

3) "All of it, save what to do with Cersei."

Ser Ilyn drew a finger across his throat.

"No," said Jaime. "Tommen has lost a brother, and the man he thought of as his father. If I were to kill his mother, he would hate me for it..."

4) Come at once, she said. Help me. Save me. I need you now as I have never needed you before. I love you. I love you. I love you. Come at once...

"Does my lord wish to answer?" the maester asked, after a long silence.

A snowflake landed on the letter. As it melted, the ink began to blur. Jaime rolled the parchment up again, as tight as one hand would allow, and handed it to Peck. "No," he said. "Put this in the fire."

5) He would have to face her, he supposed. Assuming the High Septon had not put her to death by the time he got back to the city... she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and Moon Boy for all I know...

6) "My little brother has known a hundred whores, I'm sure, but I've only ever bedded one."

Cersei after Jaime abandons her:

Her. The queen remembered the Maid of Tarth, a huge, ugly, shambling thing who dressed in man's mail. Jaime would never abandon me for such a creature. My raven never reached him, elsewise he would have come.

I think Brienne would find Jaime's relationship with Cersei unforgivable. Especially considering they produced three children, two of whom have become usurpers and the cause of the war.

I think Brienne would find Jaime's relationship with Cersei unforgivable. Especially considering they produced three children, two of whom have become usurpers and the cause of the war.

She already knows about it, and already seems to have forgiven it. She even tries to be compassionate after Joffrey dies, asking why Jaime would be willing to help the person (Sansa) accused of killing him.

I love that list of quotes above so much, Le Cygne!

She already knows about it, and already seems to have forgiven it. She even tries to be compassionate after Joffrey dies, asking why Jaime would be willing to help the person (Sansa) accused of killing him.

I love that list of quotes above so much, Le Cygne!

Ah, yes, I now vaguely recall the conversation between her and Jaime after Joffrey dies. Thanks. I'll have to re-read.

Ah, yes, I now vaguely recall the conversation between her and Jaime after Joffrey dies. Thanks. I'll have to re-read.

It's where she starts to say "He was your..." obviously intending to say son, and he says "King, let's leave it at that." It leads into one of my favorite lines of Jaime's ever, when he says, "I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor." Jaime smiled thinly. "Besides, kingslayers should band together. Are you ever going to go?"

I just love that 'kingslayers should band together' part. So Jaime.

I think Brienne's dad sounds really nice. I'm sure he'd love to raise Brienne's and Jaime's lovechild/ren while they go and fight the Others.

LOL - I think Jaime and Brienne would probably quite like to raise their love child/ren themselves :) I get the impression that Jaime would like to be a 'real' father.

But I agree that Lord Selwyn sounds an interesting and unusual person. He must truly love his daughter if he allowed her to follow her own, non-traditional way, train as a warrior and then go off to war.

Archived