When did Stannis Baratheon become your favourite character?

TheFlayedMan

and then TV series came....and he: http://www.imdb.com/...32832/nm0226820 http://www.imdb.com/...54944/nm0226820 was in... What more I can say?

You're back, yay! ^_^

After the show, I began to say that I would give Stannis my maiden head. :love: You're not the only one.

Add me to that list :lol: .. Stephen is a DILF, & Stannis is just :wub:

At first it's Davos that ropes you in.

Because Davos is so interesting a POV that we see Stannis not only through his loyal and loving eyes but also Davos has the ability to call the king out on his shit. Therefore we get to see Stannis from quite a healthy viewpoint.

Then you just have the admire the guy's longevity and dedication. When he gets hit, he doesn't bitch, he just gets up and tries again. But in a different way and fashion so's to not repeat last time's mistakes.

True, he's not all that attractive a man and personality but he's the only person who stays true to this unwavering sense of justice and right.

his loyalty towards his brother robert was unquestionable. he is dutiful. he starved when storms end was under siege. but he never questioned to robert when he insulted him by giving storms end to renly.

another thing i liked him was he knows what is more important for realm. after the defeat at blackwater he culd have stiked back. but he sailed to north to finish the important business at the wall.

another thing what i like from tv show when he tells mathos to make few correction on letters before sending it to all kingdoms. he tells mathos to put "Ser" before jamie lannister. he says "whatever else he is, the man is still a knight."

Add me to that list :lol: .. Stephen is a DILF, & Stannis is just :wub:

Exactly, if only he had Stannis' deep blue eyes. I would be one happy chick!

I totally fancy Little Finger in the show, oh god - whats wrong with me~

I fancy him as well. He is still a repulsive little creep, but he is a cute repulsive little creep. ^_^

At first it's Davos that ropes you in.

Because Davos is so interesting a POV that we see Stannis not only through his loyal and loving eyes but also Davos has the ability to call the king out on his shit. Therefore we get to see Stannis from quite a healthy viewpoint.

Then you just have the admire the guy's longevity and dedication. When he gets hit, he doesn't bitch, he just gets up and tries again. But in a different way and fashion so's to not repeat last time's mistakes.

True, he's not all that attractive a man and personality but he's the only person who stays true to this unwavering sense of justice and right.

his loyalty towards his brother robert was unquestionable. he is dutiful. he starved when storms end was under siege. but he never questioned to robert when he insulted him by giving storms end to renly.

another thing i liked him was he knows what is more important for realm. after the defeat at blackwater he culd have stiked back. but he sailed to north to finish the important business at the wall.

another thing what i like from tv show when he tells mathos to make few correction on letters before sending it to all kingdoms. he tells mathos to put "Ser" before jamie lannister. he says "whatever else he is, the man is still a knight."

Reading Stannis love is so refreshing. :grouphug:

I must admit, I sometimes tire of defending him, because he is not as bad as many people make him out to be. :crying:

Reading Stannis love is so refreshing. :grouphug:

I must admit, I sometimes tire of defending him, because he is not as bad as many people make him out to be. :crying:

omg i know. this is the best thread so far. i'm so happy. :wub:

ahaha yes! there was something really endearing about how nit-picky and anal he was about that goddamn letter. "a lie, take it out." etc. i loved dillane's performance on the show -- not really who i would first picture when i think of stannis, but now i can't picture anyone else. he does such a marvelous job with his script.

When he actually showed up at the Wall. I had previously thought he was just a tangent, dead after Blackwater. But then I realized he has far more in store for him.

Right now I'd support Stannis even if he took up the title of Night's King, and lead the Others on a bloody rampage south - destroying everyone, even the Starks.

When I first heard mention of him in the first season and book. The way people spoke about him, it was like he was this dude that sits at home while everyone else shivers at the mention of his name. And what a name it is.

Stannis Baratheon. Even cooler name than Robert Baratheon. So chillingly badass and manly. I knew he'd be amazing, and he didn't disappoint.

omg i know. this is the best thread so far. i'm so happy. :wub:

Me too! :D

When he actually showed up at the Wall. I had previously thought he was just a tangent, dead after Blackwater. But then I realized he has far more in store for him.

Yep, I fell in love with his character during his explanation to Jon on why he hadn't come earlier.

When I first heard mention of him in the first season and book. The way people spoke about him, it was like he was this dude that sits at home while everyone else shivers at the mention of his name. And what a name it is.

Yep, during the first book I repeatedly thought, "I hope we get to meet this Stannis Baratheon!" Then we met him and I found my king. My only issue was that he wanted to kill Robb, so then I was mad that Robb didn't bend the knee to Stannis. Robb and Stannis together would have been a dream come true. If Ned had been alive it would have happened and the Lannisters would have went down, but then we wouldn't have the series.

After the show, I began to say that I would give Stannis my maiden head. :love: You're not the only one.

:agree:

You should see him in Fugitive Pieces.

:wub: :smoking:

I totally fancy Little Finger in the show, oh god - whats wrong with me~

Yes LF too....

You're back, yay! ^_^

Hi my King :cheers:

Exactly, if only he had Stannis' deep blue eyes. I would be one happy chick!

I think that the rest of him make you forget about the wrong eyes... That is what happen with me anyway... I could never guess why they say that Stannis isn't as handsome as Robert or Renly ( :shocked: )

If we're talking about OPILF (terrible term lol) then Catelyn Stark is the Queen of MILFs.

Back to thread, I can't decide which action was Stannis' finest. Almost beating Joffrey at the Blackwater, beating Mance Rayder, carrying out business like a boss at The Wall or what. So many awesome moments.

Archived