When did Stannis Baratheon become your favourite character?

TheFlayedMan

If we're talking about OPILF (terrible term lol) then Catelyn Stark is the Queen of MILFs.

Back to thread, I can't decide which action was Stannis' finest. Almost beating Joffrey at the Blackwater, beating Mance Rayder, carrying out business like a boss at The Wall or what. So many awesome moments.

I am sorry but what is "OPILF"?

:agree:

You should see him in Fugitive Pieces.

:wub: :smoking:

He's one sexy beast! :cheers:

I think that the rest of him make you forget about the wrong eyes... That is what happen with me anyway... I could never guess why they say that Stannis isn't as handsome as Robert or Renly ( :shocked: )

The first time I read Stannis' description...boy ol boy!!!

I don't know why people say that he isn't as handsome as his brothers...

Personally, I always favored Stannis and Robert over Renly.

Renly was never appealing to me. His "personality" was very off-putting from the start. When it comes to me, if your personality sucks you start to become uglier and uglier.

"'Then rise again, Davos Seaworth, and rise as Lord of the Rainwood, Admiral of the Narrow Sea, and Hand of the King.'

For a moment Davos was too stunned to move. I woke this morning in his dungeon. 'Your Grace, you cannot… I am not fit man to be a King's Hand.'

'There is no man fitter.' Stannis sheathed Lightbringer, gave Davos his hand, and pulled him to his feet.

'I am lowborn,' Davos reminded him. 'An up jumped smuggler. your lords will never obey me.'

'Then we will make new lords.'"

I was just about to mention the line about making new Lords. That and the fact he just keeps coming

This is a silly term, it's basically everyone that's older than you :lol:

It´s quite charming if you think about it, You don´t restrict yourself to a certain group of older people :lol:

He was in my top 10 since I read the first Davos chapter and he was definitely in my top 3 after he had his big damn heroes moment aka saving the wall and the realm from the Free Folk

It was after reading this little speech:

"Celtigar pronounced it admirable. If I showed him the contents of my privy, he would declare that admirable as well. The others bobbed their heads up and down like a flock of geese, all but Velaryon, who said that steel would resolve the matter, not words on parchment. As if I never suspected. The Others take my lords, I'll hear your views." CoK 160 (Davos)

As soon as you learn he was the first on the battlefield at the battle of Blackwater. And on the HBO show he was the first up the seige ladder. Awesome leader who doesn't ask you to do something he won't do himself. And his cold, almost sarcastic demeanor makes you love him even when you know he's headed down the wrong path.

Since Ab Aeterno convinced me :D

:blushing:

If I'd been sent to treat with Renly, he would be Master of Laws, Stannis would be on the throne right now and Robb and Cat would still be alive. :D

I am really loving him in my re-read now.

Once you start to appreciate Stannis you really see things you missed before. Even I did, I didn't like Stannis anywhere near as much on my first read, but re-reading him I picked up so much! :D

It was around A Storm of Swords that I realised that Stannis was a pretty awesome character. Then in A Dance with Dragons I realised that Stannis was basically the badass ASOIAF version of me. I basically fell in love with him and when I re-read A Clash of Kings it pretty much confirmed that Stannis and I are so much alike. I don't know why I didn't see it earlier, I guess when I was reading A Clash of Kings, I basically dismissed Stannis as some idiot with a sorceress who would end up dying by the end of the book. He's just such an awesome fucking character and a very important one in my opinion when you consider quotes like

Few of the birds that Aemon had sent off had returned as yet. One found Stannis, though. One found Dragonstone, and a king who still cared. - Sam about Stannis coming to the wall and saving the Watch

Demons made of snow and ice and cold...The ancient enemy. The only enemy that matters.- Stannis describing the Others.

Archived