When did Jon Snow become your favorite character?

I knew I liked Jon when they found the wolf pups and he made his father see reason in keeping the pups for his true born children. I could tell he would be special, a key character, when he found the last pup, white, scrawnny, and set aside from the other pups. All the other pups were gathered around the mother...but the white pup (like snow) was seperated or seemingly made to know he was different, much like Jon from his brothers and sisters. There were a lot of parallels within that scene that likened the wolves to the Stark family.

The mother caring for the five even in death but not the white one...like Cat with Jon. Then when Theon told Jon the scrawnny one would die a qiuck death and Jon replied, "I think not, Greyjoy for this one belongs to me!" I said to meself, Hot damnz-it. Me likey this boy!

I always liked Jon, but he became a real favorite when he took Donal's advice and then stood up for Sam. I also loved him even more when he chopped off Janos' head. And like someone said, he has an awesome dry, Stark sense of humor that I adore. I also find him extremely intelligent, cultured, cunning....he is just...perfect :wub:

I always liked Jon, but he became a real favorite when he took Donal's advice and then stood up for Sam. I also loved him even more when he chopped off Janos' head. And like someone said, he has an awesome dry, Stark sense of humor that I adore. I also find him extremely intelligent, cultured, cunning....he is just...perfect :wub:

I like him more the "harder" and more experienced he has become, though I wouldnt call him my favorite character. The boy commander I didnt care much for, the Lord commander is another thing.

Like with many fans, Jon first got my attenction on AGOT when they find the direwolves and he was willing to leave himself out to convince Ned to keep the direwolves. It was a truly selfless act and I couldn't help being moved by it.

However I came to appreciate it more after he follows Donal Noye's advice and let go of his entitlement to become another black brother. When he really became my favorite was the -
I'll take that bet Sir Allister. I'll love to see Ghost juggle-
moment just after he apologizes to Gren for hurting him during training. To me this is his first step to become a true men of the Night's Watch.

While story doesn't revolve for the most part around the glamour of politics or conquering I find him to be one of the most challenged and compelling characters. He's constantly fighting for his principles and ideas of honor and duty (sometimes even with himself) in a world where many people hold this very qualities expendable in the pursuit of ambition.

By the way, this is my first post so hi everybody!

I liked Jon from the introduction of the direwolfs chapter, where he says to Theon: "I don't think so Greyjoy, this one is mine." From that moment I knew that Jon's character is gonna kick ass in the future and will be important. From then on I was not dissapointed in Jon's character development and I'm still rooting for him to survive 'till the end of the series.

I liked Jon from the introduction of the direwolfs chapter, where he says to Theon: "I don't think so Greyjoy, this one is mine." From that moment I knew that Jon's character is gonna kick ass in the future and will be important. From then on I was not dissapointed in Jon's character development and I'm still rooting for him to survive 'till the end of the series.

Welcome to the forums Lady Mormont :) Happy to have you join us!

• 3 months later...

Never. He's not a bad guy, but he's boring and fairly cliche. Occasionally, I have to remind myself that he's not a dark elf with twin scimitars.

Or maybe a farm boy on a remote planet with a mysterious past, destined for greatness.

Reading his chapters is something I do because I feel like I have to in order to keep up with the overall story. Otherwise, I don't much care about him either way.

...so I'm going to ask here: Was Jon really seated so far from royal family only because he was a bastard or rather because Eddard had a good reason not to parade Jon in front of Robert?

In GoT, page 44, Benjen asks Jon, "Don't you usually eat at the table with your brothers?" "Most times, said Jon with a flat voice, "but tonight Lady Stark thought it might give insult to the royal family to seat a bastard among them."

And one interesting note - I have read in the forums that it is widely believed that Ned NEVER referred to Jon as his son. But in the same direwolf finding, Robb and Jon have found the puppies. Jon yells, "Father, Bran, come quickly, see what Robb has found." Ned, who is with Bran, Theon, and Jory, says, "Come, let us see what michief my SONS have rooted out now." (page 14).

And by the way, for all the reasons stated previously, Jon Snow is in my heart.

I think he's much more interesting now that he's been betrayed. I know that he hasn't really lost his Plot Armour, and it's just building him up to be even more Totes Amazeballs than he was, but I can dream.

Since he was introduced. I'm a brooder myself with a dry sense of humor so I "get him" I guess, haha. I think he's funny :blushing:

He's always looking out for others and tries to do the right thing which I also respect...

I do agree that it is painful to me how much character development and epicness the tv show has stripped from his story. All of the events beyond the wall were so down-played...hopefully they pick it up a little in season 3 with the split book (2 seasons).

Bran's bastard brother Jon Snow moved closer. "Keep the pony well in hand," he whispered. "And don't look away. Father will know if you."

as already mentioned, jon is the ultimate underdog. he always looked out for bran and arya. cat may not have loved him, but it's obvious ned and his siblings did, especially robb.

and after his initial stumbles at the wall, he comes into his own and does a great deal to help shore up the wall from attack and winter.

and yeah, the lord's kiss..... you naughty boy.

In GoT, page 44, Benjen asks Jon, "Don't you usually eat at the table with your brothers?" "Most times, said Jon with a flat voice, "but tonight Lady Stark thought it might give insult to the royal family to seat a bastard among them."

That is what Jon thinks and later in Clash IIRC we see that Edmure though it also an insult when old Walder send a bastard and cripple as envoys, but there is also this:

“Snow, the boy is called,” Pycelle said unhelpfully.

“I glimpsed him once at Winterfell,” the queen said, “though the Starks did their best to hide him.

Archived