George: It will take at least another two years, maybe three

a free shadow

That is the news. :unsure:

"It is still in the works, but, you know, I have about two hundred pages of it that I'd say are finished or close to finish, but these books are around fifteen hundred pages in manuscripts, so two hundred pages is just a drop in a bucket. I'll be working on this book for years to come, it will be another... At least two years, maybe three years until I will deliver this one", said George here.

Winds of Winter.

Today I am talking a lot. Would like it would be about things more cheery :fencing:

I have never, never waited for a book. And now my watch begins.

Well, two years would be an appropriate timespan I guess. I can live with three, I just want a good book, that's all. But my prediction (in the WOW prediction league) was April 2014, and that's probably out of the question. drat.

I never had to wait for a book either, I am the watcher on the boards...

Between Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives and GRRM's ASOIAF, it seems I shall spend the next decadein a case of suspended expectation.

At least I have Hillary Mantel's Bring Up The Bodies to look forward to.

Yes! When's that out? Loved Wolf Hall.

I see no sword in the darkness :crying: I'm going to write a poem about this tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to curl up and cry into AFFC.

ETA: Yeah, I know we might get some comments about how the wait between AFFC and ADWD was longer, us 'noobs' know nothing of the wait, and I take that, but this is something I very much enjoy and the initial shock of him saying 'years' has not yet worn off.

Yes! When's that out? Loved Wolf Hall.

I see no sword in the darkness :crying: I'm going to write a poem about this tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to curl up and cry into AFFC.

It's out in May! I've already pre-ordered my copy :D

It's out in May! I've already pre-ordered my copy :D

Aw yes, good stuff!

And the next Sookie Stackhouse book is due out in May too. Ah, I see a light at the end of the tunnel - though none of these measure up to GRRM's genius, of course.

2-3 years is not so bad. I can live with that, i guess...

Sometimes I lay in bed wondering how old I'll be when the series is finally finished. If I ever have children, I'll make them read ASOIAF but I'll only give them a book every five years, just so they know what I suffered :devil:

I was exited about Martin mentioning writing other stories from Westeros! I know he's still writing Dunk and Egg stories but after he finishes those I want more! I would love it and I don't want the stories to ever end...maybe we can puzzle out from ASOIF how to make an UNGRRM. ;)

At least I have Hillary Mantel's Bring Up The Bodies to look forward to.

Yes, I'm looking forward to that one as well. Just 2 more months!

Regarding TWOW, I think 2015 is a reasonable due date. I just hope he keeps to it.

I'm surprised he even commented on the subject, I thought he was done with that. In any case, what I found most interesting is that he has a large book in mind, like ADwD and ASoS, as opposed to the other three. I just hope he doesn't go insane trying to finish the story in two books when it is likely he will need three (especially in light of the cuts made to the last book). If he pulls off that routine again, much as he struggled for years trying to make the five year gap work, we're in for a very, very long wait.

Archived