Walking Dead: Show and Graphic Novel Comparison

Young Wolf

Who do you think is going to lose a limb to drive home the science behind the bites? They need to prove that the bite alone can't turn you, and that you can cut off an arm/leg to stop the spread of the 'kill quick' saliva.

Well, who can do without a limb? If it's an arm, it has to be someone who doesn't shoot, who doesn't fight zombies, in general. If it's a leg, that pretty much means the person will be slowed and probably become zombie-bait. To our options:

Rick - no, he has to be the one leading with the tough idea of cutting someone's limb, not suffering it.

Carl - I hope not, because that would make it too hard to make him suffer that other cruel fate the comics give him, and that I believe would be interesting in the show as well.

Andrea - no, she's their sniper, can't make things that hard on them. The same goes for Michonne, who's just been introduced.

Maggie - they won't dare ruin her pretty looks.

Glen - and who will run to get them supplies when the time comes?

Hershel - the man is zombie-bait enough already. Unless they plan to use him to show how, even if you don't die from a bite, you can die from the blood you'll lose.

Daryl - and how will he look cool on the motorcycle?

That said, I see three possible victims: Lori, Carol, or T-Dog. Lori and Carol because that would be a great way to get rid of them. T-Dog because that would give them an opportunity to actually explore the character.

Or, they could use a new character, maybe even one of the prisoner (though the shock of cutting a limb from someone we barely know wouldn't be that relevant).

I didn't mention suicide girl because I believe she may end up the same way in the show as in the GN.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping by just to mention something I read about the second and third seasons: it seems there will be some major change from the GN right at the first episode of season 3 (from what Kirkman says, it seems some major event in the GN will be transfered to another character in the show.). An incredibly disgusting death scene would be my guess, which character, I really have no idea...

But what surprised me more was their declaration that they hadn't really planned to kill Dale so soon, it seems they only did that because Jeffrey DeMunn asked to leave the show after Frank Darabont left himself. Oh, well... kind of frustrating, really, but just another evidence of how things actually go where TV shows are concerned.

Also, it seems they intended to kill Hershell, like many of us believed, probably at the farm invasion scene, but decided it would be too gratuitous. I'm glad for that at least.

October will be epic.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I don't know where to post this and I've never started a topic thread so I'm just gonna stick it here and hope someone is still reading this.

I just found out that Dish Network (cable provider) dropped AMC. I am raging about this. Why the heck am I paying over $100 per month for this cable and not even get to see The Walking Dead in October????!!!!!

Generally, I'm usually the last one to hear about things so I'm sure this is old news but I am just beside myself that I no longer have AMC. And I am locked into a stupid contract with this company.

I feel like breaking dishes over this.

I think they'll resolve the issue before Walking Dead or Mad Men come back on for the next season. If they don't, then Dish is counting on people just buying the iTunes/Amazon VOD episodes rather than changing their service (the episodes are usually available the next day).

So, the much hyped issue #100.

I did not expect Negan's gang to go after the away team. Based on the teasers, I thought a massacre in the community was imminent. Everybody who died earlier in the series, I never managed to really give a fuck, not until Abraham a few issues ago, But this? GLENN? Of all people?! Fuck you Kirkman you magnificent bastard.

I did not expect Negan's gang to go after the away team. Based on the teasers, I thought a massacre in the community was imminent. Everybody who died earlier in the series, I never managed to really give a fuck, not until Abraham a few issues ago, But this? GLENN? Of all people?! Fuck you Kirkman you magnificent bastard.

I stopped caring for characters dying after the twins and Dale dying - nothing could truly shock me after that. I had been expecting for a while for Glenn or Maggie to die, but after we knew she was pregnant I was already sure that would be him. It was a brutal death, and of such a beloved character, but still hardly the most shocking incident in TWD. Issue 100, however, managed to get me interested in Negan. I mean, the guy has the potential to be an even worst villain than the Governor! The Governor was a sadistic bastard who happened to run a post-apocalyptic community, but Negan is a cold-hearted leader who calculates every cruelty he inflicts upon others to have the maximum effect; that's much more dangerous. I'm really curious to see how Rick will adapt to truly losing his leadership now, and it's so "good" to see them out of their comfort zone once more, feeling once again the insecurities that most come from living in a post-apocalyptic world that, for the first time after 40 issues or so, I'm truly looking forward to reading TWD once again.

Btw, did you guys see the season 3 teaser with Michonne killing the zombies? This will be a hell of a great season!

Fucking fucking FUCK I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler. FUCK!

So, there's this new trailer for season 3, and I must say, it's brilliant.

It seems Andrea and Michonne will find the Governor before they find the prison. Hmm... I wonder how that will play out. I suppose there's a chance the Governor will only appear in the third episode? I really hope things don't get rushed. And I'll be really disappointed if Rick doesn't lose his hand. And the Governor doesn't act like a psychopath, but maybe the few seconds he appears simply aren't enough.

It seems Andrea and Michonne will find the Governor before they find the prison. Hmm... I wonder how that will play out. I suppose there's a chance the Governor will only appear in the third episode? I really hope things don't get rushed. And I'll be really disappointed if Rick doesn't lose his hand. And the Governor doesn't act like a psychopath, but maybe the few seconds he appears simply aren't enough.

Last year, Kirkman said he was adamant about Rick NOT losing a hand. In a more recent interview, he seemed a little more coy about the subject. Maybe someone else will be maimed?

It looks like they are setting up a more protracted battle between Woodbury and the prison camp. I think the Governor may be more subtly psychopatic. There was one scene inserted in the trailer showing him sitting in a dark room looking very intense. That could include his zombie head fishtank or maybe his zombie daughter

The spoilers reduced my desire to read the comics even more. It also shows a fundamental issue that I have with zombie fiction: once the characters find a secure location to settle down for a long time, the story's over. They re-build, the giant mass of zombies rots away, and the new zombies being born from people dying are a tiny trickle of new zombies because the population is so low (and precautions). So you have to constantly throw shit in their way to keep them on the run, to keep them fighting.

Okay, I don't know where to post this and I've never started a topic thread so I'm just gonna stick it here and hope someone is still reading this.

I just found out that Dish Network (cable provider) dropped AMC. I am raging about this. Why the heck am I paying over $100 per month for this cable and not even get to see The Walking Dead in October????!!!!!

Generally, I'm usually the last one to hear about things so I'm sure this is old news but I am just beside myself that I no longer have AMC. And I am locked into a stupid contract with this company.

I feel like breaking dishes over this.

on the bright side, you don'y have to watch the walking dead.

where do i sign up for dish network

The spoilers reduced my desire to read the comics even more. It also shows a fundamental issue that I have with zombie fiction: once the characters find a secure location to settle down for a long time, the story's over. They re-build, the giant mass of zombies rots away, and the new zombies being born from people dying are a tiny trickle of new zombies because the population is so low (and precautions). So you have to constantly throw shit in their way to keep them on the run, to keep them fighting.

I've always been of the opinion that a good apocalyptic story shouldn't be about the apocalypse itself (in this case, the zombies, the virus, or whatever it was), but how humans react to that. And the comics are finally going back to exploring that subject, after a ridiculous amount of issues wasted on unrealistic plans on Rick's part. Because the zombies were never the real danger; that's always been the humans, and how they react to society falling apart, which is exactly what led me to watch the show and read the comics in the first place. So, I dunno, maybe you should give another shot at the comics :cool4:

When is the New Season Back?.

First or second Sunday of October, not sure.

Fucking fucking FUCK I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler. FUCK!

Sorry man.

Holy shit that looks awesome!

When is the New Season Back?.

14 October I think, unlike the first two seasons that premiered on Halloween. So I guess there must be some kind of zombie extravaganza on episode 3!

That trailer was kinda amateurish. Could easily have been half as long since a long middle part of it seemed to just be cutting between two particular and not very interesting scenes. Also, no idea why they'd change the look of the Governor into something so... vanilla. Eh. Not particularly intrigued yet.

• 1 month later...

Im bumping this because I don't think Dish network has any plans to bring back AMC.

So, I'm looking to my fellow fans to point me in the general direction of where I can stream or watch the upcoming season?

Or am I going to have to switch carriers?

Thanks in advance

Archived