A Glimpse at Jaqen H'ghar

Westeros

Access Hollywood had a great interview with Tom Wlaschiha recently… and now they’ve gone and gotten us our very first look at him in costume (and wig!) for his role as Jaqen H’ghar, that international man of mystery who plays an important role in Arya’s story this season.

Jaqen indicates he comes from the Free City of Lorath, which in some ways is the remotest of the Free Cities, and we know very little about them… but we do learn a bit about him, as the books progress, and suffice it to say many fans of the novels are looking forward to seeing how he translates to the screen.

Access Hollywood promises to have an interview with Maisie Williams up tomorrow, but their article with the photo excerpts a brief bit touching on her first meeting Tom and figuring out who he was playing.

Visit the Site!

He looks good. Just posted in the casting thread too saying that the actor was good in The Deep on ITV in the UK in 2010. It was a submarine thriller miniseries starring John Hannah and he stole the show as a Russian engineer.

Hope we get to see Roose Bolton soon

Seconded.

Also would like to see Lucian Msamati as Salladhor Saan.

I suppose they don't have to worry about having to use the same actor if he should appear in any later seasons :P

Valar morghulis.

That's something I always wondered about , a FM must have a born-with face, we know that Arya does, if she ever masters her FM-ship, which I think she will, though I am still thinking she wont become an FM, audiences won't want to see her 'face changed' (or lord a different actress), often, but using her other FM skills in Westeros, which is a very intriguing idea.

So makes one wonder is Jaqen's 'ground state' face the one in CoK? If Wlaschiha pulls this off sure would be a shame not to see him again.

George creates these great, if secondary, characters, like Syrio, who may or may not have vanished, and send em to limbo.

We do know Jaqen is still about in Martin world.

It sure would be good someday if we find out what the heck his mission in Westeros was, seems, to meet Arya, how the FM knew it would all break that way is hard to figure out.

It sure would be good someday if we find out what the heck his mission in Westeros was, seems, to meet Arya, how the FM knew it would all break that way is hard to figure out.

I'm sure the FM didn't know he would bump into Arya with Yoren. But yes, I expect we'll learn more about what he is doing in Westeros eventually. We know where he is right now, so somebody will have a showdown with him.

I suppose they don't have to worry about having to use the same actor if he should appear in any later seasons :P

Valar morghulis.

I was wondering the same thing. Can we read into this that maybe we readers have been making a big deal about Jaqen, and that he may never return to the series unlike everyone expects?

They have purposely cut other characters from the first 2 seasons because they wouldnt be needed again for a few more years (Ramsay Bolton).

Since they have casted Jaqen, does that mean that he is finished, and will never return in the actual books?

Finally! I have been waiting to see what Jaqen is going to look like, I thought that were going to make us wait until he appears in his first episode. I am so glad we can sneak a peak at him. :D The Jaqen/Arya moments in ACoK were some of my favorite parts of the books and I know the actors and the show are going to deliver in bringing this great, mysterious, charming and dangerous character to life. I can't wait to see him be a total boss to the likes of Biter and Rorge.

Also, :drool:

Haha, I wonder if it'll show what he does to them to make them so compliant. I mean, they're nasty guys, but they aren't pansies.

I think I liked the "streaked" look better onscreen. I think having Cruella Deville style hair would be a bit too cartoonish.

Archived