Your biggest pet peeve in the series?

AngrySoviet

I don't get this one hypocrisy about Maester Martin . . he constantly mentions how he hates characters who are "killed off and brought back" such as Gandolf as Gandolf the White, and that is why Eddard and other popular characters are dead and gone but then he starts with the Lightning Lord and sort of loses that angle. UnCat, UnGregor are still "alive" and both should be rotting in the ground along with Lord Beric D. I don't know it seems that he

I don't get this one hypocrisy about Maester Martin . . he constantly mentions how he hates characters who are "killed off and brought back" such as Gandolf as Gandolf the White, and that is why Eddard and other popular characters are dead and gone but then he starts with the Lightning Lord and sort of loses that angle. UnCat, UnGregor are still "alive" and both should be rotting in the ground along with Lord Beric D. I don't know it seems that he

Actually, they're not completely resurrected like Gandalf, they're worse for wear and UnCat is a worse person than she was before. Being resurrected like them takes gradually consumes their memory and minds.

Actually, they're not completely resurrected like Gandalf, they're worse for wear and UnCat is a worse person than she was before. Being resurrected like them takes gradually consumes their memory and minds.

They should be dead and gone, period. JMO

I don't mind the fake-out deaths of the Davos or Stannis fake kind- I like the hearsay aspect of information that GRRM plays with in the novels. What I do find slightly annoying is the fake-out of Arya getting hit in the back of the head with an axe by Sandor, Asha getting hit in the head by an axe in the battle after Deepwood Motte, or Tyrion falling into the river and fading to black. I figured out not to believe it when GRRM ended a chapter like that, but they sort of feel like cheap attempts at cliffhangers.

I feel like I missed something... when was Stannis thought to be dead?

I feel like I missed something... when was Stannis thought to be dead?

Now, after Ramsay's letter in "DWD" folks believe Stannis was killed either by Asha Greyjoy and some Ironborn during an escape/rescue Theon attempt in the Godswood or by Ramsay/Roose in battle . ..

Now, after Ramsay's letter in "DWD" folks believe Stannis was killed either by Asha Greyjoy and some Ironborn during an escape/rescue Theon attempt in the Godswood or by Ramsay/Roose in battle . ..

To be fair Stannis might still be "dead".

the TWOW chapter takes place before the battle

Nobody's mentioned the blasted Water Gardens in Dorne, with the blasted blood oranges dropping out of the trees so messily. And actually just about any other aspect of Dorne. Oh, and especially Doran Martell, cooking up plots that never seem to hatch.

That space could have gone towards some more chapters of Dany and her wardrobe.

Oh thanks... I'd forgotten that.

• 2 months later...

Mine would have to be the subtle racism/orientalism of the whole slavers bay. Their food, social ecosystem, behavior makes them sooooo goofy. Sometimes though they drift between broken tropes to insulting caricatures of people from Asia that would make Frank Miller squeak in joy. Lets not even get into the whole 'white person freeing the savages'

This is especially disconcerting for someone like me but I usually remember it's all just fantasy

I get pissed off when any " Queen's Man " says something about how R'hllor is better than the Seven, or the Old Gods or whatever. And when they keep whispering idiocies in Stannis' ear which resemble: " Do this or R'hllor will get mad. "

And I hate Melisandre. I'm fine with Moqorro and Thoros, but I hate her. Especially when she starts chanting " The night is dark... "

Archived