What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

First, she will become a beautiful woman. Second, I think she will become a mysterious assassin like Jaqen, traveling without a real identity. I've not yet figured out if it would be in service of The Faceless Men, but it probably would.

I hope Martin will write books about those traveling days. They would be epic, a 1000 times more epic than Dunc and Egg.

I vote she accepts the offer to give the Gift of Mercy to....

Alayne Stone

(as she does not know Alayne Stone)

as LF is most unhappy about being thwarted/rejected yet again

NOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Of all the people Jon and Sansa know Arya's mannerisms best and they both know needle, Jon is a fairly strong warg he would pick up on Arya, Sansa is a weaker warg, but she seems to display empathic abilities, plus if Nymeria is any where around she would pickup on Sansa, Jon,Ghost and Arya by their scents.

What will Arya be in the end?

Totally f*cking awesome.

And the hand of the King or Queen, or the She-Wolf of Winterfell – remember, she asked Eddard if she would someday be a counselor; it was dad who tried to put her in the girly box, Arya as we gave seen, is having none of it. And she won't stay a Faceless Man – she is the Night Wolf, she's kept Needle, and from the beginning it was clear that she was only with the FM to learn all she could of their secrets. I predict that she'll be returning to Westeros soon

with the sellswords Stannis sent his man to hire in Braavos.

As for her future loves – no incest or quasi-incest, or whatever, with Jon (who I think is going to die saving the world, alas) and for pete's sake, NO GENDRY. I mean what is this nonsense -- a boy teases a girl and suddenly they're mates for life? Besides, Starks and Baratheons are poison to each other, or hadn't you noticed? Y'know, starting from the dire wolf with the broken antler in her throat? I vote for a Dayne – that's what Ned wanted, after all, or for her to go all Mormont and skip the marriage part all together in favor of children fathered by "wolves." Leave all the cloak-trading crap to Sansa.

OMG, you know what would be hilarious? Sandor and Arya. She's spent more time with him than she did with Gendry, and he's spent more time with her than with Sansa, and they could have enormous fierce children that would take the name of Stark and kick ass in the North for generations -- and the heads of fans would explode all over the world! That's it! Ary/San 4EVAR!!!!!

Arya will find Nymeria, and together, they will be the deadliest pair of assasins that the realm has ever seen.

Because she will become an assasin, I am starting to think that she will leave the faceless men (but will still have her powers...) and will join her mother in the BWB.

This will give her the oppertunity to seek out and kill anybody that her mother thinks is responsible for the death of the Starks.

I don't know where this notion that Jon and Arya's love for each other is anything other than sibling love came from. She doesn't have a crush on him, he is her big brother and she admires him.

Also, even if it turned out they weren't blood related that doesn't mean they'd just immediately start seeing each other as potential romantic interests. That's like saying if you found out your sibling was adopted you'd suddenly be ok with dating them. :s

incest is certainly not acceptable in westeros as we see by everyone's reaction to the twins. The targayren family practiced it but they were widely seen as crazy.

I could really see Arya ending up some type of queen; Younger Queen, Queen of Winter, Queen of the North, Queen of Westeros, Conquering Queen (like Nymeria), Queen of the Wildings (beyond the Wall or south of it), Queen of Cats (as an advisor they would be her 1000 eyes like BR), Queen of the Orphans (like Nymeria taking in the wolves), Queen of Wargs (in the battle against the Others), the Night's Queen (no need for a king), and so on.

Now if Sansa becomes a queen I could see Arya being her Hand or advisor (like Bloodraven was) but I see their relationship being more like Doran and the Viper. Sansa will be the plotter that is the grass that hides her snake, and Arya is lethal. I think they will have a close relationship like this. (or I hope)

I don't really know why but I've always liked the theory of Arya marrying Aegon, again I don't know why.

What will Arya be in the end?

Totally f*cking awesome.

<snip>

:lol: I agree with the first part - the 'spoiler' is definitely one possible way of Arya getting home.

But why no Gendry? :crying: I think he's perfect for her. He's only half Baratheon, and together they will reunite the Houses and bring back the friendship the Starks and Baratheons once shared through their fathers - the curse will have gone. On a more practical side, he's one of the very few men who would put up with her throwing crabapples around. He's strong, a smith so he's useful, and he doesn't want to be a lofty lord either. He'd rule well - he comes from nothing, so he'd expect nothing, work hard and treat his people right. He also wouldn't judge the wildlings, I think.

Sandor will become part of Arya's household guard if he lives. A dog amongst wolves :lol:

After reading SOS last night i got a feeling she ll die horribly........when she goes back to the high hill with the BwB The lil old lady says....'i see you wolf child. Blood child. I thought it was the lord who smelled of death....' she began to sob, her little body shaking.'You are cruel to come to my hill,cruel.I gorged on greif at summerhall, I need none of yours.Begone from here dark heart, BEGONE!'

i wonder what part she ll have to play later on.

After reading SOS last night i got a feeling she ll die horribly........when she goes back to the high hill with the BwB The lil old lady says....'i see you wolf child. Blood child. I thought it was the lord who smelled of death....' she began to sob, her little body shaking.'You are cruel to come to my hill,cruel.I gorged on greif at summerhall, I need none of yours.Begone from here dark heart, BEGONE!'

i wonder what part she ll have to play later on.

Just means Arya will deadify alot of people,some of them Targs.The lil old lady seemed to be a Targ sympathiser.

I have a really, really bad feeling that at some point, she has to get in a fight with Jon. Maybe the FM are hired to kill him, and they send her to take him down. The only way Arya would agree to do this is if she didn't know that it was Jon, but if Jon ends up surviving his stab wounds from aDwD, then he might be living under a pseudonym anyway. So, in this scenario, Arya and Jon don't recognize each other, fight with each other, and potentially, one of them kills the other.

Yeah, I'm a sick freak. But the books keep stressing how much Arya and Jon care for each other, so I have a terrible feeling that at some point it's going to be used for some more tragedy.

Do the FM let people 'leave' once they have imparted their secrets?

Somehow I doubt it.

I'm sure that will come to light, and so I could be way off, but I think the Kindly Man expects Arya to leave when the time is right, and so things will be put into place to ensure she can leave. I think he may be Jaqen, or even Syrio, but that's a very underdeveloped theory, mainly based on him feigning ignorance of who Jaqen is. And I'm not sure if people can leave anyway, but Arya will not be stuck in Braavos for the rest of her days. I just don't see Martin giving her that kind of ending.

I have a really, really bad feeling that at some point, she has to get in a fight with Jon. Maybe the FM are hired to kill him, and they send her to take him down. The only way Arya would agree to do this is if she didn't know that it was Jon, but if Jon ends up surviving his stab wounds from aDwD, then he might be living under a pseudonym anyway. So, in this scenario, Arya and Jon don't recognize each other, fight with each other, and potentially, one of them kills the other.

Yeah, I'm a sick freak. But the books keep stressing how much Arya and Jon care for each other, so I have a terrible feeling that at some point it's going to be used for some more tragedy.

I agree with the poster who earlier mentioned Sansa. Much more fertile ground, previously established lines of tension, etc. With Jon the answer is too easy. (No.)

What do cats hunt?

Little birdies, sparrows and spiders.

I can see her cleansing Kings Landing at some point. Taking out all of the remaining power players (Varys and his network, and the church) and leaving a power vacuum there for someone (freed from his vows and discovered his heritage Jon perhaps?) to exploit.

Throughout ASOIAF Arya's consistant theme is the loss of identity, from Arry, to Weasel, Salty, Cat, etc... Then finally she is no-one with the FM. With this in mind I think she will return to Westeros as Arya Stark. The FM will do something, or make her do something, that she doesn't agree with and she will make her escape. Symbolically, in order to become Arya Stark again she will meet Jeyne Pool pretending to be her in Braavos and take back her identity (I hope she doesn't kill Jeyne in order to take this back).

She will return as herself, but that does not mean she will have forgotten her FM and water dancing training, which she will use to complete her prayer list of people she wants dead; so she will be responsible for the Mountain's and Meryn Trant's deaths, but I think by the time she gets to Cersei she's already been killed by Jaime.

She will not end up with Jon (eeurgh...!), and can see her with Gendry, but who says she needs to end up with anyone. She won't be Queen, but she will be a very useful commodity to the realm to keep people in line (dial an assassin anyone...), but she will be re-united with Nymeria.

Mayhaps..!

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and as my favourite character in the whole series, I could prattle on about Arya until the cows come home.

Archived