Travel to London meet up

Vestrit

Attention all Sheryls and Trevs in the Scottish BwB (that means 'ladies and gentlemen' in Na Zillun Inglush):

We should start thinking about how to get to London if we want to travel en masse. That way we can get some cheap flights or train fares. The train in particular will probably get very expensive soon.

So, who is leaving from Scotland (ie: Mo, were you serious when you said you would go to Glasgow and travel down with us muppets lot?)

Where should we travel from - Edinburgh or Glasgow?

I'm more than happy to look up flights and trains from either city and post some options up here over the weekend.

I think we need to agree something in the next seven days to ensure cheap tickets though.

What do y'all think?

Heck, getting a train together could be fun, might just extend the weekend. ;) But surely the first detail to arrange is: who's coming down when?

Atm I'm only on for two nights, though that could change depending on certain other commitments.

Hm, its a GREAT idea, Ser V, but I was actually thinking of heading down with Mo on Wednesday so we can begin the preparty festivities with Ilyn and Sean. If Mo wants to of course. Not sure what time her flight is getting in (ie., too lazy to look it up) but if she is okay with more travel we will just WTFPWN london a day early.

So, who is leaving from Scotland (ie: Mo, were you serious when you said you would go to Glasgow and travel down with us muppets lot?)

Dead serious :) After all, I have to live up to my reputation of being mad as cheese, so why be sensible and fly to London if you can go to Glasgow instead?

but I was actually thinking of heading down with Mo on Wednesday so we can begin the preparty festivities with Ilyn and Sean. If Mo wants to of course. Not sure what time her flight is getting in (ie., too lazy to look it up) but if she is okay with more travel we will just WTFPWN london a day early.

If Mo wants to?! :lol: I booked a flight to Glasgow ESPECIALLY because it sounded like much more fun than getting lost in Stansted;) But I'll arrive in Glasgow Central at about 7pm, so don't know if you want to go that late.

I'll be coming from Manchester, which means I won't be able to meet up with anyone on the train unless they're also coming from there (or Stockport, Stoke or Watford, which are the only stops on most Manchester-London trains these days)

right, let's get this back on track

who is going down when?

Once that's sorted out, I can check flights and trains

I'm going down on the Friday and coming back Monday. Probably from Edinburgh

I think we're going down Thurs morning and coming back Sunday early afternoon. We'll probably take the train and get in where-ever the fucks train from the north arrive in london

GoN and Mo, when you lot thinking of going down? ( ;) ) Thurs morning aswell? We could get the train over to Glasgow or we could jump on the Glasgow-Edinb-London train?

I think we're going down Thurs morning and coming back Sunday early afternoon. We'll probably take the train and get in where-ever the fucks train from the north arrive in london

Er, that's King's Cross. :)

Archived