Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

• 4 weeks later...

Everytime I started an Eddard or Tyrion chapter, I knew I was in for a ride. It was the exact opposite for Sansa, Dany and Catelyn POV's. Catelyn's chapters were boring because there were quite a few pages focused on her surroundings in a very detailed way. I was really struggling to follow on those pages. Dany was just plain boring for me and Sansa was mostly irritating, but she redeemed herself near the end.

• 1 month later...

Arya, Tyrion, and Dany.

The Ned and Catelyn POVs were so hard to get through. They were the reason I couldn't get through the book on my first go. It was easier this time around, but still. I kept wishing Robb had his own POV instead of us having to see him through Catelyn.

Favorites so far:

AGOT: Eddard, Arya, Tyrion

ACOK: Tyrion, Arya, and Jon

Bran’s POV: Pretty good (in terms of history and background) and sometimes a little boring.

I find Dany's POV ok but not all that engaging; maybe it's because she's so far removed from, well, everything. Her chapters are often overly descriptive which bores me at times. I do find the places she travels to interesting though.

Catelyn's POV: Necessary in terms of plot. She does dwells on a lot of things which sometimes make her chapters nerve racking for me.

Sansa's POV: As much as I want to smack some sense into her I can completely understand why she behaves the way she does. She's essentially the average teenage girl being thrown into a pretty horrific situation, but I definitely see some slow character growth in her though.

I personally like reading from any POV! The world of ASoIaF and characters are so rich that it's just fun to delve into each character's world, knowing that the next chapter will bring a new one.

I'm halfway through the book. Favorite POV of all? Probably Ned and then Arya due to sympathies, then Tyrion due to overall admiration of his cunning and spirit. (Just love that Tyrion!)

Gotta say though, surprised by the percentage of GoT devoted of Stark POV. The Stark house is my favorite and I love all of their POVs, but I just can't wait to get a glimpse behind the eyes of Cersei or Jaime.

My favorite character is tyrion, but its kind of a tough call because I like Jon Snow, and Daenrys.

My favorite characters in this book so far are Ned, Arya, and Daenerys. I like most of them actually, but Sansa's POVs are kinda annoying.

Agreed, Sansa is aggravating. Absolute torture reading her chapters.

I think it would be interesting to get a POV from Cersei. I mean, granted, she's a bitch, but I might be interesting to see what goes on in her head.

She's actually great, I mean not as a person but a bitchy character. If you haven't read all the books, I encourage you to. You gonna love to hate or hate to love her. ;)

Archived