Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

Arya, Tyrion, and Jon are my favorites. Arya and Tyrion are similar in a way, they say and usually do what they want, it's refreshing. Jon I feel really bad for and it's cool to hear his POV on everything and after he saved the pups I was sold on him. I also like Bran from what I've read so far, I like the dreams that he has, I find them very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ned, although I liked him better on my first reading. I was like "This guy is so bad-ass and just. He knows his shit." I was like Sansa, hopeful for a happy ending and polar morality. Then, he went to have a chat with Ilyn Payne and I also learned more about how the Game is played...

Now I facepalm during the godswood scene. I still like him though. I wish he was my dad.

Lots of Arya love in this thread! :) She's my favorite as well. The mouthy, tough-as-nails little tomboy... I've always enjoyed those type of characters.

Sadly, my other two favorite characters, Robert and Cersei, aren't POV. I would've loved to have been able to get inside their heads the way we can with the POV's.

Just read back through this thread and apparently Cersei does get POV at some point. Yay!

Eddard

That worked out well...

LOL! Did GRRM troll you? :P

Just read back through this thread and apparently Cersei does get POV at some point. Yay!

I hope you'll enjoy her chapters like I did. :) Her POVs are hilarious especially knowing what's inside her mind.

Overall in the series? The Stark children, Davos and Jaime.

In A Game of Thrones though, I'd actually vote Dany chapters as being the most consistently interesting. Everybody else's chapters are set-up for better things whereas she has a proper self-contained story arc.

I find myself looking forward to Dany and Arya's chapters the most. Sansa annoys me to no end so far in this book. I guess I just don't like conformists.

I could not agree more. I later grew to love Sansa's chapters in other books, but in GoT she was far too annoying. I enjoyed Jon's chapters too though.

I liked Ned's, chapters, and Arya's, as well as Tyrion's. Ned is a good character with an important mission, and a lot of things happen to him. As for Arya, I just like her, because of her personality. Tyrion is the only POV character who is not from the Stark family, and besides, he's very smart and makes me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived