Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

Jeez it's been a long time since I read the first story lol but my favourite characters in the first book are still my favourite characters today. I remember getting hooked on brans first couple of chapters and I loved how it was through his eyes in the prologue. Just to go in more detail I remember loving the expeditionist in brans character and just how youthful and naive he was. I still love bran today. I loved Arya because she reminded me of myself as a young child. She was extremely tomboyish and didn't want to conform to what was expected of her as a daughter of a lord. I also loved how she was always fighting with something or someone and she was just so quirky. I don't really like the way her personality is changing at the moment but I still pretty much love Arya. Jon Snow was also one of my favourites in the first book and I loved how he was a bit of a outcast at times and he was a very angsty teen but I loved watching him grow as a character when he went to the wall and took the black. Infact one of my favourite Jon snow chapters (it's a miracle I can still remember some of it lol) was when he stood up to some of the young brothers and there was a massive fight/ambush scene in the armoury and it showed just how determined and strong he was. I loved how after that they became his firm friends on the wall it was nice to see.

I found tyrions chapters really awesome to read but at that point I didn't like him as much as I do now. Infact he has been one of my favourite characters for a long time. But not in the first book I remember thinking he was funny and witty but at that point I wasn't bothered about him much.

I really like Ned's chapters. I liked Ned for a lot of reasons, he was...a different presence in KL and that was interesting. I liked his investigation of Jon Arryn's murder, but do admit he did things that I wanted to say....AHH Ned....don't do that. I also liked Jon, Tryion, and Arya as well for what they each brought. I couldn't stand Sansa though.

I really liked Arya, and Tyrion POVs..... Though I felt like Eddard were easily enjoyable, I felt like he willingly 'blinded' himself from reality in a way, and in a way he was pretty stubborn himself. :p

Although Ned may not be my favorite character, I enjoy his POVs the most. I have the most interest in the things that go on in King's Landing. Arya and Sansa are both there, but with Ned you get to see small council meetings and other big events, while Sansa day dreams about Joffrey and Arya runs around causing trouble. I certainly like Arya, much more than Sansa even, but like I said- I like what goes on around Ned the most.

Like a lot of people, I rather savor and look forward to Jon Snow's point of views, mostly because I think we can all relate with starting a new life that we idealize and eventually come to feel not only utterly alone in, but also slapped in the face with the reality of the situations. It's also easy to relate to feeling unjustly antagonized and underestimated at times. On top of all of these extremely relatable feelings, he still somehow manages to gain recognition and respect from his peers, something we all hope to accomplish someday.

My second favorite is a tie between Tyrion and Arya. Tyrion for his wit, and ability to face the truth and come to terms with it, despite the fact that a huge part of his truth is something a lot of people never really have to deal with, being the Imp. Arya just because I remember doing similar things when I was her age, training myself in combat, although I personally pushed myself further past the sword (learning both Kobudo and hand-to-hand combats after my parents noted my interests and watching extensive kung-fu movies and shows growing up). My father was also the only person who seemed to be able to actually connect with me and inspire me to do what was expected of me, whereas I also rebelled almost extensively to a majority of my authority figures (and to this day, despite my best efforts, I struggle with "disobedience" towards my bosses and such).

Lastly, while I don't necessarily relish their POV's, I greatly appreciate Ned and Catelyn's chapters. Personally, I feel that Catelyn is incredibly underrated for her intellect. While not witty like Tyrion, or manipulative like Cersei, she definitely has a gift for noting the characteristics of situations and the different options and consequences for them.

• 1 month later...

As far as enjoying the full scope of the narrative, I'd say that the Daenerys and Eddard chapters were the best.

I found the Tyrion and Arya chapters to be the most enjoyable to read.

After a while, I began to dread having to read another Bran or Jon chapter, but I'm sure they'll pay off in the long run of the entire series.

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I read AGOT I only cared about Daenerys, I would skip through all the other chapters not caring about the Seven Kingdoms because I only wanted to be with Daenerys, but now reading it again. I am really getting into Arya, and knowing and loving what happens to Sansa later in the series, I quite like reading and looking into her chapters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ned, it was so easy to enjoy his chapters. They are very dinamic and always on the edge in my opinion. He had politics, military, history, intrigue so it was very interesting. To be honest, he was the one that showed us how King's Landing works, revelaed a lot about different people. His story is real tragedy, he was just so positive and fun to read. I think he was very inteligent, just not good in politics.

Archived