Amazing Book Deals

RedEyedGhost

Amazon US's new list of monthly Kindle deals is up. Items of particular interest include three Terry Pratchett books (Snuff and the two Stephen Baxter collaborations), Laird Barron's new collection, and the GRRM-introduced The Iron King by Maurice Druon, all for $1.99 each.

Harper Voyager ebooks on sale - $1.99

DREAMS AND SHADOWS by C. Robert Cargill

DRAGON KEEPER, Volume 1 of the Rain Wilds Chronicles by Robin Hobb

SECONDS by David Ely

THE SAVAGE BOY by Nick Cole

A KINGDOM BESIEGED Book 1 of the Chaoswar Saga by Raymond E. Feist

• 2 weeks later...

For those who like "mature" dark apocalyptic fiction in the vein of books like The Road, Amazon has the Kindle version of The Man Who Watched the World End, the debut novel from Chris Dietzel, going for free the next two days (October 15th - 16th). I just finished reading it last week and was very impressed. At any rate, if you're interested in the subject matter it's hard to find a better deal than "free." :)

For those who like "mature" dark apocalyptic fiction in the vein of books like The Road, Amazon has the Kindle version of The Man Who Watched the World End, the debut novel from Chris Dietzel, going for free the next two days (October 15th - 16th). I just finished reading it last week and was very impressed. At any rate, if you're interested in the subject matter it's hard to find a better deal than "free." :)

That book sounds pretty cool. This may be the ebook that finally gets me off my ass (so to speak) in figuring out just how to convert Kindle books in such a way that I can read them on my Nook.

That book sounds pretty cool. This may be the ebook that finally gets me off my ass (so to speak) in figuring out just how to convert Kindle books in such a way that I can read them on my Nook.

Calibre. You can convert any number of formats any which way. And, it's a really nice app for organizing your ebook library...

Calibre. You can convert any number of formats any which way. And, it's a really nice app for organizing your ebook library...

Yeah. I've used it before, but never got around to buying a Kindle ebook and converting it to an epub file. I learned how to use it to strip DRM from my existing epubs, and that was tricksy and took a while to figure out all the right steps. I figure converting one file to another is probably similar.

Yeah. I've used it before, but never got around to buying a Kindle ebook and converting it to an epub file. I learned how to use it to strip DRM from my existing epubs, and that was tricksy and took a while to figure out all the right steps. I figure converting one file to another is probably similar.

Yup. I'm actually going the other way, converting epub to kindle format. Paperwhite > simple touch, IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're into Grisham legal thrillers, his latest, Sycamore Row, has been on sale for a few days for $6.59 at Amazon US, kindle edition. Haven't read him in years, but thought I might be in the mood for a good trial.

It's only been out for a few weeks, and the same thing happened with Doctor Sleep for a day or two after it had been out for a few weeks. I wonder if it's being done to manipulate and extend the amount of time that the book spends at the top of best seller lists. Anyway, not a bad price for a new mainstream best seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen King's 11/22/63 is today's Kindle Deal of the Day for $2.99 in the US.

Also noticed and picked up these in the Kindle Store:

The Keep by F. Paul Wilson for $0.99

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes for $1.99 (This particular translation gets good reviews had been priced much higher)

Only for today (black friday), Chizine publications has a $ 0.99 sale of their ebooks on their site, using a coupon code, http://chizinepub.com/ .

From an even smaller press the (e-)books by Apex Publications (of Apex Magazine) are 40% off (http://www.apexbookcompany.com/books/ ). Perhaps enough for people on the fence.

Archived