Amazing Book Deals

RedEyedGhost

I'm suffering a bit from Malazan fatigue, but if they're going to sell hardback copies of Forge of Darkness for £1 in Poundland then apparently I can't resist buying it, even if I'm not quite sure when I'll get around to reading it.

I'm suffering a bit from Malazan fatigue, but if they're going to sell hardback copies of Forge of Darkness for £1 in Poundland then apparently I can't resist buying it, even if I'm not quite sure when I'll get around to reading it.

Really, I'll have to have a look.

Red Rising is only $1.99 for kindle and nook in the US right now.

Is there still a way to code the links so that the board gets a kickback? Because right now those links will give the kickback to sfsignal, which I don't mind, I just would prefer that any purchases from them go to this board. Mods? Ran? Anybody?

Babel-17 by Samuel Delaney is the Kindle SFF deal ($1.99).

At twenty-six, Rydra Wong is the most popular poet in the five settled galaxies. Almost telepathically perceptive, she has written poems that capture the mood of mankind after two decades of savage war. Since the invasion, Earth has endured famine, plague, and cannibalism—but its greatest catastrophe will be Babel-17.

Sabotage threatens to undermine the war effort, and the military calls in Rydra. Random attacks lay waste to warships, weapons factories, and munitions dumps, and all are tied together by strings of sound, broadcast over the radio before and after each accident. In that gibberish Rydra recognizes a coherent message, with all of the beauty, persuasive power, and order that only language possesses. To save humanity, she will master this strange tongue. But the more she learns, the more she is tempted to join the other side . . .

Kathy Acker put this (and Nova) in the same category as The Third Mind when talking about influences on her writing.

• 4 weeks later...
In Dark Service (Far Called Trilogy #1) by Stephen Hunt

Publisher: Gollancz (15 May 2014)

eBook price: £1.99

For the next 3 weeks, you can get the ebook version of Defenders by Will McIntosh for only $1.99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The latest entrant into the ebook vendor market is Sainsbury (UK),they are having an ebook sale:

More Offers:

http://www.sainsburysebooks.co.uk/great-offers

Today only, the following eBooks are on sale for $1.99

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales by Ray Bradbury

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Falling Angel: A Novel by William Hjortsberg

The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker

The Woodcutter by Kate Danley

Ink Mage by Victor Gischler

Technomancer (Unspeakable Things: Book One) by B.V. Larson

The Bone Triangle (Unspeakable Things: Book Two) by B. V. Larson

19 eBooks Priced at $3.99 or Less

Ventus by Karl Schroeder (Tor Books)

The King’s Peace (Sulien) by Jo Walton (Tor Books)

Farthing (Small Change) by Jo Walton (Tor Books)

Sun of Suns: Book One of Virga by Karl Schroeder (Tor Books)

Spin by Robert Charles Wilson (Tor Books)

Blindsight by Peter Watts (Tor Books)

The Shrinking Man (RosettaBooks into Film) by Richard Matheson (RosettaBooks)

Darwinia: A Novel of a Very Different Twentieth Century by Robert Charles Wilson (Orb Books)

Hunter’s Run by George R. R. Martin & Gardner Dozois & Daniel Abraham (HarperCollins e-books)

Shaman’s Crossing: The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb (HarperCollins e-books)

Son of a Witch (Wicked Years) by Gregory Maguire (HarperCollins e-books)

Heaven to Wudang: Journey to Wudang: Book Three (Journey to Wudang Trilogy) by Kylie Chan (Harper Voyager)

Year’s Best SF 17 by David G. Hartwell & Kathryn Cramer (Harper Voyager)

The Janus Affair: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris (Harper Voyager)

Snuff (Discworld) by Terry Pratchett (Harper)

The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter (Harper)

Up From the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel by Jeaniene Frost (Avon)

Assembly Code (Book 2 of The Techxorcist) by Colin F. Barnes (Anachron Press)

Annihilation Point (Book 3 of The Techxorcist) by Colin F. Barnes (Anachron Press)

Orbit has reduced the UK e-book price of three Hugo-nominated novels (Ancillary Justice, Parasite, and Neptune's Brood) and the first book of Hugo-nominated The Wheel of Time to £1.99. In the US, the Leckie and Grant have also dropped to $1.99 at some e-tailers, including the Google Play Store and B&N. Amazon US hasn't matched that price as of this writing.

Archived