Amazing Book Deals

RedEyedGhost

Orbit has reduced the UK e-book price of three Hugo-nominated novels (Ancillary Justice, Parasite, and Neptune's Brood) and the first book of Hugo-nominated The Wheel of Time to £1.99. In the US, the Leckie and Grant have also dropped to $1.99 at some e-tailers, including the Google Play Store and B&N. Amazon US hasn't matched that price as of this writing.

Been waiting for "ancilliary" to drop below £2. Shame the same hasn't happened for the nebula nominees.

The Face in the Frost by Joh Bellairs is $1.99 on Kindle US today.

THE FACE IN THE FROST is a fantasy classic, defying categorization with its richly imaginative story of two separate kingdoms of wizards, stymied by a power that is beyond their control. A tall, skinny misfit of a wizard named Prospero lives in the Southern Kingdom—-a patchwork of feuding duchies and small manors, all loosely loyal to one figurehead king. Both he and an improbable adventurer named Roger Bacon look in mirrors to see different times and places, which greatly affects their personalities and mannerisms and leads them into a myriad of situations that are sometimes frightening and often hilarious. Hailed by critics as an extraordinary work, combining the thrills of a horror novel with the inventiveness of fantasy, THE FACE IN THE FROST is the debut novel that launched John Bellairs' reputation as one of the most individual voices in young adult fiction.

Seven Forges by James A. Moore is $1.99 on Kindle US today

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C8RZHJW/

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman is $2.99 on Kindle US today

Thomas Ligotti Ebooks on Sale for Only $2.99

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/thomas_ligotti_ebooks_on_sale_for_only_2.99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Subterranean - Summer 2014 issue is free to download in mobi and ePub from subterranean press:

The Summer 2014 issue runs twice the usual length, and includes no fewer than four novellas by such SubPress favorites as K. J. Parker, Maria Dahvana Headley, Lewis Shiner, and Rachel Swirsky; a Revelation Space novelette by Alastair Reynolds, and a staggeringly good short story by Harlan Ellison.

ToC:

Caitlin R. Kiernan—Pushing the Sky Away

Alastair Reynolds—The Last Log of the Lachrymosa

Kat Howard—The Very Fabric

K. J. Parker—The Things We Do for Love

Jay Lake—West to East

Maria Dahvana Headley—What There Was to See

Rachel Swirsky—Grand Jeté

Lewis Shiner—The Black Sun

Harlan Ellison —He Who Grew Up Reading Sherlock Holmes

Subterranean - Summer 2014 issue is free to download in mobi and ePub from subterranean press:

ToC:

Caitlin R. Kiernan—Pushing the Sky Away

Alastair Reynolds—The Last Log of the Lachrymosa

Kat Howard—The Very Fabric

K. J. Parker—The Things We Do for Love

Jay Lake—West to East

Maria Dahvana Headley—What There Was to See

Rachel Swirsky—Grand Jeté

Lewis Shiner—The Black Sun

Harlan Ellison —He Who Grew Up Reading Sherlock Holmes

Come on, Subterranean, you have a Caitlin Kiernan story and don't mention it in your sales pitch, what's up with that? ;)

Seriously, this looks like an awesome ToC, thanks for the link.

This will be the last issue of the magazine, though, which is a real shame.

• 2 weeks later...

I get a lot of physical copies of books from The Works here in the UK. Not sure whether you guys over the Atlantic or my other European neighbours have them.

Basically they never have complete sets, they often have the 2nd or 3rd of a volume but no others.

They do though sell a lot of books for £1 or £2 and often have good deals on series. They recently had the whole collection of Narnia for 7.99 down from 24.99 and stock various genres.

A lot of books are complete trash though but every so often they get a couple of gems.

I buy very little online and most of my books are physical copies however.

I get a lot of physical copies of books from The Works here in the UK. Not sure whether you guys over the Atlantic or my other European neighbours have them.

Basically they never have complete sets, they often have the 2nd or 3rd of a volume but no others.

They do though sell a lot of books for £1 or £2 and often have good deals on series. They recently had the whole collection of Narnia for 7.99 down from 24.99 and stock various genres.

A lot of books are complete trash though but every so often they get a couple of gems.

I buy very little online and most of my books are physical copies however.

I agree. Worth checking in on every now and then. They or a simialr type of discount bookstore had a great selection of £1 books that were basically excess stock other shops were getting rid of. The Golem and the Djinn hardback was in there.

I've also got the first few Dresden file books from there. Utterly useless if you were looking for a particular book but great if you just like scanning for potential bargains.

Yeah RedSnow looking for any title is a no-no!

I did find 3 of the Shadows of the Apt series in there for £1 which is odd as they are still stocked in Smiths and Stones. They often have GoT box sets of LotR boxsets on sale I seem to notice.

They also have tonnes and tonnes of trash but you don't have to buy it lol

• 3 weeks later...

Subterranean Press is now offering its e-books directly through the Gumroad service, and has set up temporary Gumroad-exclusive discounts on all titles to encourage readers to try it out. Books that are usually $4.99-$9.99 are reduced to $2.99; books that are regularly $2.99 are $0.99. Authors Subterranean publishes in e-book include K.J. Parker, Dan Simmons, Elizabeth Bear, Thomas Ligotti, Lucius Shepard, Robert Silverberg, and many others; a full list of titles is here. Gumroad purchase links are available on each individual project page. The discounts last until Tuesday. For rights reasons, these e-books are US-only.

• 2 weeks later...

New Ebook Bundles from Subterranean Press:

New Amsterdam Bundle #1 by Elizabeth Bear - $3.99
New Amsterdam Bundle #2 by Elizabeth Bear - $3.99
The Necroscope Bundle by Brian Lumley - $3.99
Vampire Classics Bundle by Robert McCammon - $9.99
Matthew Corbett Adventures #1 by Robert McCammon - $9.99
Cherie Priest Short Novel Bundle by Cherie Priest - $3.99

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/new_ebook_bundlesrobert_mccammon_cherie_priest_brian_lumley_and_more

Archived