Here I Stand: Interview with Iain Glen

Westeros

The third in our series of interview from the international press round table interview junket (see our previous two interviews: Charles Dance and Michelle Fairley), this time we’ll cross the narrow sea, through the tall grass of the Dothraki sea, and into the red waste and beyond to talk with Iain Glen, who plays Ser Jorah Mormont, Daenerys’s guardian, advisor, companion…. and perhaps a bit more. A Scottish actor gifted with a charm and a voice that apparently gets not a few hearts racing, Glen has done a bit of everything on stage and screen, including roles in blockbusters like Kingdom of Heaven and smash hits like Downton Abbey and, of course, HBO’s Game of Thrones.GameOfThrones_Jorah_01_M.jpgIn the interview, Glen discusses a range of topics: Jorah’s relationship to Daenerys, what we might expect over the next season, how it was to work in Dubrovnik, and more.Read the interview!

Visit the Site!

Great interview!

Speaking of Kingdom of Heaven (the director's cut is much better than the theatrical version, by the way), the movie also has Liam Neeson smashing in Jaime Lannister's head, which alone makes it worth watching.

I think that almost takes cares of everybody, even tho he appears in many previews , I can't say I have ever seen an interview with Conleth Hill, he is a fairly important character.

Is there one?

No and I honestly do not hope to see one. For the sake of the series, the most mysterious character needs to stay mysterious.

No and I honestly do not hope to see one. For the sake of the series, the most mysterious character needs to stay mysterious.

There has been two interviews with Tom Wlaschiha who plays the most mysterious character, Jaqen H’ghar.

I see an absolutely huge difference in an actor's interview and a character.

The actors who play the characters have been more spoiler aware than most posters around here.

I really like Iain Glen in this show. He's not exactly as described by Martin, obviously -- I always got the impression Mormont was bigger, uglier, and harrier -- but I think Glen has come to inhabit the character. It'll be interesting to see how he handles some of the material thrown his way in ADwD.

Archived