Who will end up together?

Lady Hodor

well just because the ending will be bittersweet doesn't mean that no one will end up with any happiness, that doesn't sound the least bit sweet. Needs to be a bit more than simply ending the war for the Iron Throne and beating back the Others, simple survival won't cut it imo. Of course that doesn't mean our dream pairins will work at all. Jaime for instance I doubt will survive at the end anyway, think GRRM will have to kill him to complete his "redemption".

I think that in another universe older Sansa/Tyrion could have worked.

I don't see them together as a couple in any dimension, especially not the one where the ASOIAF action takes place. They just don’t have matching characters…

And as for now, Sansa is obviously in love with the Hound, sooo…. :leer:

• 2 weeks later...

Sansa/Brienne.

It all falls together so beautifully:

1. Brienne is a knight questing for a fair maid held locked up in a tower by a man who is protected by dragons.

2. Sansa's avowals that she never wants to remarry.

3. It is the ultimate subversion of the Classic Fairy Tale

4. Lets face it-there is no man good enough for either of them.

By Wenchof Tarth:

Jaime for instance I doubt will survive at the end anyway, think GRRM will have to kill him to complete his "redemption".

Why should GRRM create any "redemption"? Martin will give interesting storylines to his characters, hopefully fascinating, why should he feel the need to redeem characters from alleged sins he himself made part of his protagonists' individual fate? Martin is not the Church, absolving his characters from evil. And I do not need that ominous "redemption" to root for my favorite characters, I want them to be compelling individuals and humans with flaws, not as reborn again so they can serve fandom. And turning towards "doing the right thing" will in no way buy a protagonist the right of survival.

Arya+Gendry

Jaime+Brienne

I liked the Sammy+Gilly romance very much (I hope she is pregnant now), but it cannot last because he is a NW member and going to be a maester soon. Sad ending for them, but I do not see it any other way. I hope at least Gilly finds some other good man that she will be remotely happy with.

I think Arya and Gendry have serious potential, and Jaime and Brienne will probably have a "moment" before he bites it. I'd like to see Sam end up with Gilly, assuming he's able to.

I prefer Jon with Val and if he ends up with Dany, small woodland creatures will get dropkicked.

Each and every word.

Arya and Gendry, especially seeing how Gendry in the show looks great now XD ...

Oh old gods, I'd rather see Jon die after saving the world or doing his thing than him ending up with Danny. Or maybe Dany can die first and Jon lives... lol.. I'd rather see Jon and Val together. I think they'll be a good couple.

Gilly and Sam deserves to be happy together but it'll only be possible if Sam is released from his vows.

Sansa / Willas.. sure the guy is crippled but he sounds like a nice guy.

Archived