Who will end up together?

Lady Hodor

GRRM sure has the talent to write subtle romance. It's so sad to think that most of these pairings have already ended in tears and some will probably never happen.

Lovely pairings that did not end well:

1. Robb and Jeyne

2. Jon and Ygritte

3. Renly and Loras

3. Pre-rebellion Ned and Ashara (now there's not much that's known about this, but I'm going down with this ship)

4. Post-rebellion Ned and Catelyn

5. Tyrion and Tysha

Now for the pairings that still have a chance, however remote that might be:

1. Arya and Gendry (they just have more chemistry than any other pair in the series tbh)

2. Sam and Gilly (what they have is just so innocent and beautiful in a sad sort of way that it almost doesn't fit in Westeros)

3. Jaime and Brienne (I'm really crossing my fingers for this one although the odds are against it)

4. Bran and Meera (this is just wishful thinking on my part but who knows, right? Bran's got a crush :blushing:)

So all the NW brother keep forgetting their vows and riding off into the sunset with some girls? I really don't want to see that: Jon and Sam made vows, so no Val or Dany for Jon and no Gilly for Sam, I hope.

But when the threat beyond the Wall is destroyed, surely the Night's Watch will be able to disband and everyone can have their sexy happy ever after?

GRRM sure has the talent to write subtle romance. It's so sad to think that most of these pairings have already ended in tears and some will probably never happen.

Lovely pairings that did not end well:

1. Robb and Jeyne

2. Jon and Ygritte

3. Renly and Loras

3. Pre-rebellion Ned and Ashara (now there's not much that's known about this, but I'm going down with this ship)

4. Post-rebellion Ned and Catelyn

5. Tyrion and Tysha

1. Arya and Gendry (they just have more chemistry than any other pair in the series tbh)

2. Sam and Gilly (what they have is just so innocent and beautiful in a sad sort of way that it almost doesn't fit in Westeros)

3. Jaime and Brienne (I'm really crossing my fingers for this one although the odds are against it)

4. Bran and Meera (this is just wishful thinking on my part but who knows, right? Bran's got a crush :blushing:)

Aren't they cute? I love how Bran wants to be a "real man" for her, and his blushing when she smiles at him. d'awwwwwww.

I love Ned/Ashara also. If Martin is going the way people are saying and making it Ashara/Brandon, I'll find his house and kick him. Just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a proponent of the following matches, however short they may be:

Arya/Gendry

Sansa/Sandor

Bran/Meera

However, I have a feeling that 1/2 of these people won't survive till the end. I didn't bother naming Jon or Dany because I have a feeling they will not make it either.

Jaime and Brienne, and Arya and Gendry. I'd settle for them to meet once again, not even romantically. Mostly, I'd like Loras and Sansa to find happiness or a peaceful life (I obviously don't mean together but if Sansa meets Willas and he turns out to be a total prince and a true knight, I would cheer them on).

Overall, I wouldn't hate on any endgame pairing if it is written convincingly.

Chemistry? Arya was 9 years old. NINE, and no sign of puberty on the horizon. Chemistry shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

By the old gods and the new, there are no words to describe how much I hate the pairing of Arya and Gendry. :bang:

And for pete's sake, Baratheons are poison to Starks. Remember the mommy dire wolf? Died with an antler in its throat, an omen for sure. Arya is like Lyanna, Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert, why should Lyanna.2 be stuck with Robert.2? Arya is also like Ned, Ned loved his Dayne, and lost her to his perpetual sorrow. Arya should get the Dayne (Edric) to make up for it. Besides, little Ned might bring a bright shiny sword with him.

Chemistry? Arya was 9 years old. NINE, and no sign of puberty on the horizon. Chemistry shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

Chemistry doesn't have to be sexual, though? I think that Arya and Gendry had great character chemistry, from which something more romantic (or friendly) could grow when they are both physically mature enough.

Archived