What if Jon Arryn married Cersei, Catelyn married Robert and Ned married Lysa! (There I fixed it)

This actually could have had very far-reaching implications, depending on when you would place the Arryn marriage. If around the same time as when Arryn wed Lysa, it would presumably commit the Lannisters to rebellion in time to actually take part in the war - but it also means that no one would have opened the gates at King's Landing for them, so the city would need to be taken without subterfuge.

In addition, Aerys probably would have killed Jaime when he heard about Cersei being wedded to the rebel cause, so perhaps King's Landing would have burned to the ground?

This actually could have had very far-reaching implications, depending on when you would place the Arryn marriage. If around the same time as when Arryn wed Lysa, it would presumably commit the Lannisters to rebellion in time to actually take part in the war - but it also means that no one would have opened the gates at King's Landing for them, so the city would need to be taken without subterfuge.

In addition, Aerys probably would have killed Jaime when he heard about Cersei being wedded to the rebel cause, so perhaps King's Landing would have burned to the ground?

nah same time line except Jon Arryn marries Cersei instead of Robert. To cement the lannister alliance.

Catelyn would have been miserable married to Robert, and LF probably still plays the devil on Lysa's shoulder at some point regardless of who she marries.

I'm not sure about Cersei/Jon Arryn. Cersei/Jaime wouldn't be happy but it would give Tywin an alliance with the Hand and Cersei's children (if they lived) would inherit the Vale...I'm just not sure if he might consider it an affront given that he views Cersei as worthy of a royal marriage.

Poor Catelyn in that scenario. I think should would have made a great queen, but her honor would be torn to shreds by Robert and his whoring.

yeah but if her loins were aching after Ned.... i think this could work out well for her. And maybe she could talk some sense into Robert.

Catelyn would have been miserable married to Robert, and LF probably still plays the devil on Lysa's shoulder at some point regardless of who she marries.

the north would finally have had a competent lord to set the place to rights. And eliminate all the Boltons

I'm not sure about Cersei/Jon Arryn. Cersei/Jaime wouldn't be happy but it would give Tywin an alliance with the Hand and Cersei's children (if they lived) would inherit the Vale...I'm just not sure if he might consider it an affront given that he views Cersei as worthy of a royal marriage.

Why do you say that? She was all gung-ho to marry Brandon, who was basically the Robert Baratheon of the North. A bloody Warhammer is a beautiful thing.

the north would finally have had a competent lord to set the place to rights. And eliminate all the Boltons

Not sure what you mean? LF would probably still have manipulated Lysa anyway, only this time leading to Ned's death rather than Jon Arryn's (probably to rule through any children Lysa and Ned had).

Why do you say that? She was all gung-ho to marry Brandon, who was basically the Robert Baratheon of the North. A bloody Warhammer is a beautiful thing.

Catelyn is all about her family. Robert is all about enjoying all the pleasures of life that he wants and seems incapable of being faithful. I'm pretty sure Catelyn would have been unhappy with a womanizing Brandon too.

Not sure what you mean? LF would probably still have manipulated Lysa anyway, only this time leading to Ned's death rather than Jon Arryn's (probably to rule through any children Lysa and Ned had).

Catelyn is all about her family. Robert is all about enjoying all the pleasures of life that he wants and seems incapable of being faithful. I'm pretty sure Catelyn would have been unhappy with a womanizing Brandon too.

Yeah he still would have messed around on Cat but she would have been a good mother to his children and she would have gone hunting with him and she would have argued with him over his spending and maybe kept his womanizing and his drinking under control. I can't see Cersei marrying Jon Arynn, I like Cersei and Ned, Jamie might have taken the black in this case. Cersei might figure out who Jon was and try to seduce him. Ned and Cersei has a million possibilities.

the north would finally have had a competent lord to set the place to rights. And eliminate all the Boltons Why do you say that? She was all gung-ho to marry Brandon, who was basically the Robert Baratheon of the North. A bloody Warhammer is a beautiful thing.

Just because Brandon might've slept with two women before marrying Catelyn does not make him Robert Baratheon, who had had hundreds of women before marrying Cersei.

Well, I'm almost certain that if Ned married Lysa, his wife might not be that pissed about Jon Snow (what, with a dead bastard of her own...). But poor guy, his only chance of being happy and have regular children would be if she died before she could cast her influence on any of the kids.

Something tells me these two would have dynamite grudge-fucks.

lol

I don't think Ned marrying Cersei would be that bad for either. Remember how she actually wanted to love Robert at first? Okay, she wouldn't feel immediately attracted to Ned, but she could learn to love him, since he would treat her with respect (which is all she wanted from Robert), and, as he had some experience with women who liked swords and jousting, he might even allow her to practice. As she would be away from Jaime, it could actually work. But then Jon Snow would mysteriously die one day before his second nameday.

Maybe not. Ok:

Catelyn would murder Robert within a fortnight, by strangulation accompanied by vehement and murderous verbal assault.

Cercei would murder Jon Arryn within the first year, by pushing him out the sky door.

Ned, dear Ned, would put up with Lysa, with noble and honorable forebearance, until at the end of 5 years, he was finally

driven mad with the effort and hanged himself on a weirwood tree.

Maybe not. Ok:

Catelyn would murder Robert within a fortnight, by strangulation accompanied by vehement and murderous verbal assault.

Cercei would murder Jon Arryn within the first year, by pushing him out the sky door.

Ned, dear Ned, would put up with Lysa, with noble and honorable forebearance, until at the end of 5 years, he was finally

driven mad with the effort and hanged himself on a weirwood tree.

I'm sorry, but come on. Lysa's insanity is mostly stemmed from her awful life with Jon Arryn. Forced sex with a 70 year old man, half a dozen miscarriages, mockery, etc. (She might not even have been forced to have her abortion had she have been married to Ned, which was the big tipping point.) Yeah she might not have been a saint, but it wouldn't have been like that...

Archived