What if Jon Arryn married Cersei, Catelyn married Robert and Ned married Lysa! (There I fixed it)

Where would be Jaime in all this, if he didn't die by Aerys?

Just because Brandon might've slept with two women before marrying Catelyn does not make him Robert Baratheon, who had had hundreds of women before marrying Cersei.

I don't have enough likes for this post!

Just because Brandon might've slept with two women before marrying Catelyn does not make him Robert Baratheon, who had had hundreds of women before marrying Cersei.

i'm not sure if you're known by your favorite quote "a bloody sword is a beautiful thing" that that implies having only slept with 2 women

“He would hate that.” She pulled off her glove and touched his knee, pale flesh against dark stone. “Brandon loved his sword. He loved to hone it. ‘I want it sharp enough to shave the hair from a woman’s cunt,’ he used to say. And how he loved to use it. ‘A bloody sword is a beautiful thing,’ he told me once.”

"He would have served up my maidenhead to any Stark who happened by, but there was no need. Brandon was never shy about taking what he wanted. I am old now, a dried-up thing, too long a widow, but I still remember the look of my maiden’s blood on his cock the night he claimed me. I think Brandon liked the sight as well. Abloody sword is a beautiful thing, yes. It hurt, but it was a sweet pain."

• 4 weeks later...

Centuries of Stark incompetence? The Starks are loved in the north. From the Umbers to the Manderlys to the Wulls and Liddles... I think people are confusing being a snake like Varys and Littlefinger (who were good at playing the game) with being a good ruler to your people. Eddard Stark was not a good player at the game, but none can doubt that he was good at ruling over the North and that the North loved him.

Robert and Catelyn could have worked out well: Catelyn's modest yet admirable behavior could very well succeed in giving Robert an incentive to stop whoring in the extent he did and instead try to be a part of a "proper" marriage. Missteps would almost certainly have happened, but as long as he kept them out of sight, Catelyn would have been able to overlook them. Plus, she would bear him trueborn children, and she would have encouraged him to take part in their upbringing. He might not have become the perfect father, but he might have shown much more interest.

Jon and Cersei would probably have ended with Cersei having Jon killed as soon as she had given birth to a son. Given Jon's personality, they wouldn't have actively hated each other, but instead have maintained a loveless marriage. Jaime would most likely still go to Cersei's bed, as Jon wouldn't be able to satisfy her, and they most certainly would have passed off their children as Jon's.

Ned and Lysa would probably be like the marriage with Catelyn, only with less chemistry - Lysa would be a little bored with Ned, but there'd be no LF around to play the devil on her shoulder. Providing that her actual unlucky pregnancies were on account of Jon's week sperm, they would have produced some healthy children. Jon might have had a better relationship with Lysa, given that she wasn't spotless herself on that account (and the rumors would have added some wickedness to like in Ned).

The really interesting pairing would be Ned and Cersei. It could have been like Jorah Mormont's marriage with that Hightower woman, or it could have been something else entirely. Living in the North and far removed from all the pomp and power that ruined her as a person, Cersei could have learned some humility and decency through Ned. Considering that Ned and Rhaegar were somewhat alike - aloof, honorable, decent men - she might even have grown to love him, as soon as she got past his plain face. Ned on his part would have his hands full conforming to Cersei's expectations of what being married to a high lord means, and might have been coerced to take more part in ruling the kingdoms with Robert. Perhaps she could have persuaded him to take a place on Robert's council and move to KL? The possibilities are legion.

Like the North would accept Littlefinger.

they accept Roose, Ramsay and Stannis. They accepted Theon. They would accept him to the same extent any lord in Westeros accepts any other to the extent it is in their interest to do so and/or so long as it is beyond their control. The way Roose Bolton accepted Robb and Walder Frey accepted Edmure. The way the Tarbecks accepted Tywin.

they accept Roose, Ramsay and Stannis. They accepted Theon. They would accept him to the same extent any lord in Westeros accepts any other to the extent it is in their interest to do so and/or so long as it is beyond their control. The way Roose Bolton accepted Robb and Walder Frey accepted Edmure. The way the Tarbecks accepted Tywin.

They accepted Roose and Ramsay because they had the Lannisters with them,but that was just for the moment.I'm sure that it will not last and they will turn against the Boltons,like Manderly already did, as soon as they'll have someone to rally around,a Stark,for example Rickon. Stannis is something else,he is a respected man.And when did anybody accept Theon?Not even the smallfolk accepted him. But when I sayd that the North would not accept Littlefinger,I wasn't referring just the lord,but the whole North,like the Gods and the people and everything.

They accepted Roose and Ramsay because they had the Lannisters with them,but that was just for the moment.

Its always just for the moment.
I'm sure that it will not last and they will turn against the Boltons,like Manderly already did, as soon as they'll have someone to rally around,a Stark
Or a Baratheon or a Manderly, or a Baelish or a Duston or a Bolton, or anyone.
,for example Rickon. Stannis is something else,he is a respected man.And when did anybody accept Theon?
When Theon climbed over the walls at Winterfell and Bran yielded the castle to him up until Theon opened the gate and way captured by Ramsay.
Not even the smallfolk accepted him. But when I sayd that the North would not accept Littlefinger
And when I said they would, I was referring to everyone.
I wasn't referring just the lord,but the whole North,like the Gods and the people and everything.

Archived