[No Spoilers]Noticeable characters

Hanley

Just wondering did anyone notice characters in the first episode that will have a prominant role later in this season. I think we are given a brief shot of the next Commander of the GoldCloaks when the 'Bastard patrol' is killing every black haired person under the age of 20 in KL, it's when you see a GoldCloak carrying a baby by the leg, the camera zooms to another GC standing against a wall, it isn't Janos Slynt, so is it possible it is Ser Jaceyln Bywater? Anyone else notice stuff like this? Think the identity's of the Kingsguard would be helpful, we know which one is Boros Blount, but which is Arys, Mandon etc.

Just wondering did anyone notice characters in the first episode that will have a prominant role later in this season. I think we are given a brief shot of the next Commander of the GoldCloaks when the 'Bastard patrol' is killing every black haired person under the age of 20 in KL, it's when you see a GoldCloak carrying a baby by the leg, the camera zooms to another GC standing against a wall, it isn't Janos Slynt, so is it possible it is Ser Jaceyln Bywater? Anyone else notice stuff like this? Think the identity's of the Kingsguard would be helpful, we know which one is Boros Blount, but which is Arys, Mandon etc.

I thought that was just a random Gold Cloak.

For the third time I mention the disgust on his face, a unique placement for the narrative, not all writers and directors would think of a shot like that.

When have we been introduced to Blount? I think the only KG who have been named are Meryn and the three bigger characters (Barristan, Jaime, Sandor).

As far as I know, this is correct. Other KG´s have certainly been seen on screen, but I can´t remember them being named

SIAP, but did anyone else notice that Ser Dontos's breastplate was painted to resemble the American flag? It's top was blue with little white designs (more likefleurs de lys than stars) and the bottom had a couple of red stripes. I may be a bit of a cynic but I don't think something like this is merely coincidental. I note that the production staff and actors are overwhelmingly non-American, although I presume the two top producers are Americans.

Anybody else wonder about the design of Ser Dontos's breastplate?

Thanks for any thoughts.

the Lack of Shireen and Patchface is noticable

Just as I doubt we'll see Edmure and Hoster this season, I think we may see Shireen at least somewhere down the line. It's easier introducing a whole bunch of characters in a book (especially given the family lists at the back of each book) than in a TV show. No need to introduce them yet until they become absolutely central to the plot. I reckon Shireen will come into it

when Davos leaves prison becomes Stannis' Hand and takes up his writing/reading lessons. The maester who teaches him will also be the one who teaches Shireen. By then, Stannis will be a know figure to the audience so his close family will start to be introduced.

Maybe.

Archived