[Book Spoilers] Where is Robb and what is he doing?

RSasoiaf

um, the fact there is open rebellion? and an open rebellion that's winning? Regardless of whether we see the battles, Robb Stark is a legitimate threat to the balance of power favoring the Lannisters. The North is winning and they're making their way to King's Landing. They captured Jaime, they're gaining support. And now with two other claimants to the Iron Throne in the form of the Baratheons, the Kingdom is at open war -- and it's precisely because of what Tyrion says to Cersei in the episode and in the trailers -- people hate the Lannisters. And what Joff did to Ned Stark isn't going to be forgotten. The Lannisters started this war and right now they are losing it. Lose the war, lose the power. And where does that leave them? Disgraced and quite possibly, dead. I believe that's something to be afraid of.

The same open rebellion did not get Tywin the least concerned before Jaime got captured. Why should all of them be concerned now besides for the sake of their beloved Jaime. If Robb did not beat any major army, they can still find him and crush him like they were sure to do before....if he did not beat any of their armies, they do still outnumber him and he is now further away in "enemy land" moving around with a relative small force compared to his foes.

And by the way....if Robb did not lift the siege at Riverrun, from whom is he gaining support then??? No one that we did listen about for sure so by all means, Robb is not gaining further support, this was not told yet. Actually, they even said otherwise, that he lacks allies and he is kind of desperate looking for support.....which goes a bit against your point. And you know why? Because if you delete the riverlands from the picture, Robb´s position gets even more frail then it was in the 1st place.

Will say what I've thought all along; Riverrun will be introduced when Cat goes home to see her dying father. Edmure and Blackfish can be introduced at the same time I reckon, in preparation for their key roles down the line.

I think we are to assume that Robb is chasing the Lannisters across the riverlands and into the west? Tywin is set to retreat in to Harrenhal in the next episode correct? Going from memory (could be way wrong here), Robb will be off fighting Stafford Lannister (awesome name that, by the way) while his mother is parleying with the Baratheons. She hears about Robb's wounds gained while fighting Stafford (and subsequent marriage) while she is at and travelling home from Storm's End. I reckon Robb will disappear for a while after the next episode and then return, wife in hand, once Cat returns.

I don't understand what the deal is with Robb declaring independence for the North but not the Riverlands. He liberated Riverrun, got the Freys on his side but says to the Lannisters they can have the Riverlands back for peace? In the book he declares independence for the new Kingdom of the North and Riverlands. The Twins and Riverrun can't have moved into the North because season 1 names them where they should be.

Are the Riverlands part of his kingdom or not?

Archived