Skinning, preliminary thoughts

Linda

Btw I think we can use this opportunity to get some feedback from users and editors alike, here two simple questions:

1. Users, from your experience, what aspects of navigating and browsing the wiki you think that can be improved?

2. Editors, is there anything that consumes too much time, confusing or just plain simple done wrong?

My only request that you'll be honest, while constructive criticism and a possible solution are greatly appreciated, if you just want to point out that something suck, please do!

• 3 weeks later...

This, I am not sure how they did it, but this would be a great addon, I hate adding references and if this can be adapted to be used with our Reference templates, it can greatly simply the process. speaking of which the WikiEditor extension should be either updated or its properties changed to disable those tabs that dont work, its just confusing for new people.

Over all I think that we should work on improving usability, because while editing wiki entries is as easy as editing this post, it can seem little intimidating with all the additional options like templates, categories and references, none of which are relevant to for the average user.

• 3 weeks later...

GeeQuBox, NewUserMessage, AjaxPoll, and CategoryTree have all been installed.

I could use a refresher on what we need to have the Google Maps stuff working properly, mor2. I've got a lot of mail in the inbox.

Archived