[Book Spoilers] Jaqen

Ice Turtle

I thought Jaqen was absolutely perfectly chosen. On another thread I mentioned how the actor portraying Balon was perhaps the most perfect adaptation yet.

But I had forgotten Jaqen's introduction in this episode. He looks so cool, confident, collected and totally in control of his little cage. The perfect assassin.

Kind of a Jason Bourne crossed with The Mentalist if I had to try and compare him to other TV characters.

For the record, I find many actors poor fits for their characters - like Davos, Cersei, Joffrey, Sansa the Tall, and even Mellisandre, who I imagined to have fuller lips and a less foxlike face, but Jaqen is absolutely perfect.

I thought Jaqen was absolutely perfectly chosen. On another thread I mentioned how the actor portraying Balon was perhaps the most perfect adaptation yet.

But I had forgotten Jaqen's introduction in this episode. He looks so cool, confident, collected and totally in control of his little cage. The perfect assassin.

Ah, but as we have found out FM are more than just assassins , Jaqen (from the novel) already knows she is Arya Stark without being told. The work he pulls off for Arya seems more his evaluation of Arya than anything else. He provides the means for her to get to Braavos , but leaves it to her to carry out.

Jaqen and his mission are onem of the most curious things George has introduced.

It's a puzzle I hope George has a good tale for.

• 9 months later...

Even if this thread has been resting for a long time, now that Season 2 has finally started to air on Swedish national TV I cannot keep from commenting in a thread about "myself". Even if it pretty much only means agreeing with the majority - that it's a good cast of the character, and that I'll be thrilled to see the rest of the episodes. :cool4:

Archived