Is Renly really gay?

daggers

I'm of the opinion that if you read the books and missed the fact that Renly and Loras were boning, your gaydar might be so bad that you yourself could be gay and just not realize it.

I didn't pick up on it until A Clash of Kings, maybe i was just overwhelmed in GOT, but i just didn't see it until after Renly married Margaery and we started getting snide comments about that their relationship.

I'll say what I always say on this: Martin has said that Renly and Loras were lovers, and then he refused to be pinned down on his sexuality, calling it a modern concept. As far as I know he hasn't budged from this so *shrugs*. So, as it stands he has sex with men, anything else I don't know. I honestly don't want to fall on one side or the other.

Reflecting upon all of this, it has slowly occurred to me that in some ways, the Tyrells are every bit as weird and creepy as the Lannisters.

One of the things I liked about the TV show was how even their claimant was creeped out by their businesslike creepiness.

Archived