[Book Spoilers] Why no Thorne?

spork

In this episode Tyrion and the small council got the message from the Night's Watch by raven. Why didn't Ser Alliser Thorne appear and make the request in person? Doesn't seem like it would take more screen time, and he's already an established character. In fact, their interplay would have been great. He even got sent there by Mormont, as in the books, so it was kind of expected that he'd show up.

It would've taken time away from the more expensive actors. :dunno:

I actually enjoyed that scene. Making a credible diaolgue with Thorne would have taken more time that they could now use to show us more pointless sex-scenes.

The only thing I missed was the rotten hand.

I am still hoping he will return. In the DVD commentary on season 1, one of the producers talked about his character, and they said they absolutely loved the way Teale played him and they looked forward to having more of him in the future!

I couldn't really see Tyrion telling Thorne off on the show after the conversation he had with the council earlier. He seems pretty set on trying to help out the Night's Watch. He may not like Thorne a lot, but he is still a member of the Night's watch nonetheless.

Idk, maybe he will show up and Cersei will be a dick to him, that would certainly be in character.

In this episode Tyrion and the small council got the message from the Night's Watch by raven. Why didn't Ser Alliser Thorne appear and make the request in person? Doesn't seem like it would take more screen time, and he's already an established character. In fact, their interplay would have been great. He even got sent there by Mormont, as in the books, so it was kind of expected that he'd show up.

Owen Teale has been gone for so long now, I really wonder if he's off the show?

The character does show up in later books, but not in a big way... so it's a puzzle?

Archived