Cat X Littlefinger: Did it happen?

Lord Yarwyck

I think that him becoming Lord of Harrenhal at one point is a foreshadowing that he will meet his downfall at some point (since all Lords of Harrenhal seem to be cursed). I wonder if his blending of fantasy and reality will be the cause.

What ever happened to House Whent. They had Harrenhall before the war what happened to them?

Pretty sure Littlefinger is a sociopath. He understands this Game of Thrones, and knows as a lowborn, his reputation is everything. The fact that lysa gave her maidenhead,but he tells it that it was Cat is just one example. Varys may be a spider, but this guy spins silk webs

Was the child Lysa aborted with the Tansy Littlefingers, then???

Lysa was pregnant from Littlefinger, but her father was very unhappy about it. I believe it's assumed Lysa would've kept the baby if her father didn't make her drink moon tea, which aborted the fetus without her knowledge.

What ever happened to House Whent. They had Harrenhall before the war what happened to them?

Lady Whent did indeed surrender Harrenhal as answered above. She later died, too, and it caused the extinction of House Whent. She did have children, but it's assumed all her children died before her. The only partial Whent bloodline to go on is through the Tully line though they do not carry the Whent surname. Catelyn, Lysa, and Edmure's mother was Minisa Whent. Two Whents also married Walder Frey during different times, but both died childless.

I once read a theory about Petyr being a pathological liar... he never slept with cat, we can count on that. He tells the tale of how he bedded Catelyn, but I could not say if he believes it himself or is just trying to hide his biggest failure...

I once read a theory about Petyr being a pathological liar... he never slept with cat, we can count on that. He tells the tale of how he bedded Catelyn, but I could not say if he believes it himself or is just trying to hide his biggest failure...

He did tell not to trust him, so he can be honest.

I think he knows he slept with Lysa. He spreads a rumor he took both sisters maidenhead. So it can out of wound or spite, depending on a person sympathies.

Littlefinger could be following the sage advice of George Constanza "Its not a lie if you believe it".

I've always disliked Caitlyn Stark in the books. I gnashed my teeth when she, in her thoughts, says she is wise. No, the saying goes "A wise man knows how little he knows." Caitlyn believed herself wise, when her hatred for Jon Snow was simply out of hatred for the fact that Eddard shared the bed of another woman besides herself. She may be learned in the ways of diplomacy, but I otherwise disliked her character.

Littlefinger did not make love to Caitlyn, we know that. Previous posters have shown us proof. I've just finished ASOS, and I believe Sansa and Petyr would be a much better match than him and Caitlyn. My god, I think I dislike all the main female characters besides Arya. They're all either whores, arrogant royalty, or just fairly dumb.

My god, I think I dislike all the main female characters besides Arya. They're all either whores, arrogant royalty, or just fairly dumb.

So are the men:

Whore--Tyrion, Theon

Arrogant Royalty--Robert, Joff, Jaime, Jon's huge chip on his shoulder comes to mind though he might not be royal

Fairly Dumb--Eddard

When it comes to

So are the men:

Whore--Tyrion, Theon

Arrogant Royalty--Robert, Joff, Jaime, Jon's huge chip on his shoulder comes to mind though he might not be royal

Fairly Dumb--Eddard

I personally think there's a difference between being dumb and being ignorant due to his beliefs in honor. ( But you added 'fairly' so that gives it a better connotation :P)

I feel the same way about Sansa , although her actions make me facepalm myself on quite a regular basis.

When Ned does something stupid I'm more like: Do what you think is right Sir and may the Old Gods and the New be with you.

When Sansa does something stupid I always hope somebody will come along a slap some sense into that girl.

No, I don't think so. I think Littlefinger was in love with Catelyn - or rather, had a creepy stalker crush on her - and when he couldn't have her, went to Lysa as second-best, spreading rumours about Catelyn because it's what he wished was the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't think so. I think Littlefinger was in love with Catelyn - or rather, had a creepy stalker crush on her - and when he couldn't have her, went to Lysa as second-best, spreading rumours about Catelyn because it's what he wished was the truth.

More like he got seriously friendzoned

See, I always thought Littlefinger was telling the truth when he said he took Cat's maidenhead- not because it actually happened, but because he really believed it did. When Lysa slept w/him for the first time, he believed it was Cat. It happened after a night when Cat danced w/him six times but then laughed at him when he got up the courage to try and kiss her, so he got black-out drunk in disappointment. When Lysa sneaks up to his bedchamber to 'comfort' him (or, in my opinion, rape him) he calls her Cat and tells her he loves her. So, in Littlefinger's mind, it's Cat who's come upstairs to show him that she returns his feelings, but is just afraid to admit to it in public or to her father. Thus, he blames not getting her on the hierarchy and Hoster Tully and is able to continue to hold Cat up on a pedestal. Although I think it's possible that in his subconscious he knows this might not be true, it seems to me that he has convinced himself that it is.

• 2 years later...

But we know that characters can be unreliable narrators. In many conversations characters have accused cat of sleeping with Petyr and only ONE TIME does she say "that's a lie!"... In the other instances she never even has an internal reaction like "oh here we go again with this bullshit" or a "he will rue the day he spoke those words" I don't know if I believe it happened but......... Eeeehhhhh for me it's definitely a question. But one that seems to have had no consequence one way or another

Archived