[Book Spoilers] Davos' sons

At first I assumed that Davos' son shown in the show was Devan, as he appeared to be Stannis' squire. (Although I did find it strage that he seemed a little too old...) But when Melisandre whispers into his ear that there is no purer death than by flame, I felt that she was foreshadowing his death on the blackwater... So is he Devan or one of Davos' older sons?

Or is he perhaps a hybrid of both? (Meant to play Devan's role but actually die on the blackwater)

I was wondering about that too. I think he is meant to be one of his older sons, who will die on the Blackwater. I don't know if they will introduce Devan or not after that, but maybe they could later on this season or next season.

Great Name btw! Davos All the way!

I think they just reduced Davos' number of grown-up sons in service to Stannis to one called Matthos (he also seems to take the role of maester Pylos, as he's also shown writing Stannis' letter). Will he die on the Blackwater? Only if they decide to play out Davos' shortlived plans of murdering Mel in the next season (which I didn't find very interesting nor vital to the plot), and only if book-Devan doesn't have any role to play in any of the last two books.

Archived