How does Tommen die?

Lord Ben

I think it will be Cersei. She had the headsman on retainer at the Battle of Blackwater. If Maegor's keep fell, she was not going to be taken alive.

Almost certainly murder. He's a king, and a member of a rapidly falling house. Candidates:

1) Jaime, out of disgust or to get revenge on Cersei.

2) Cersei, because it's the sort of idiotic thing she does on a regular basis.

3) Margaery Tyrell, to gain absolute power.

Almost certainly murder. He's a king, and a member of a rapidly falling house. Candidates:

1) Jaime, out of disgust or to get revenge on Cersei.

2) Cersei, because it's the sort of idiotic thing she does on a regular basis.

3) Margaery Tyrell, to gain absolute power.

I don't think she would murder him herself, or would be comfortable with the knowledge that someone else was going to. Olenna on the other hand has at least had a hand in the assassination of another king, why not this one?

And the people saying Cersei might murder him... Why? All she does is to ensure her children are safe and powerful.

Jaqen H'ghar kills him, when he and "No One" are conscripted by the FM (at the behest of the Iron Bank) to take down the false Baratheon king. Since Arya can't bring herself to do in the innocent boy. :(

I thought that was going to happen, especially when Jon remarked on the Iron Bank's slightly unforgiving practises.

Jaqen H'ghar kills him, when he and "No One" are conscripted by the FM (at the behest of the Iron Bank) to take down the false Baratheon king. Since Arya can't bring herself to do in the innocent boy. :(

Arya wouldn't be offered it as she knows Tommen. Jaqen is possible on the other hand.

I don't think she would murder him herself, or would be comfortable with the knowledge that someone else was going to. Olenna on the other hand has at least had a hand in the assassination of another king, why not this one?

And the people saying Cersei might murder him... Why? All she does is to ensure her children are safe and powerful.

Quite possibly to prevent him from being captured by somebody else. Cersei is possessive like that. Much more satisfying would be if Tommen killed Cersei, of course. He is a valonquar, just not hers.

Margaery seems perfectly aware of the murder of Joffrey (she was drinking from the cup) and admittedly Tommen is far more pleasant and less psychotic, but it shows that she's not above murder.

Quite possibly to prevent him from being captured by somebody else. Cersei is possessive like that. Much more satisfying would be if Tommen killed Cersei, of course. He is a valonquar, just not hers.

I suppose I could see that happening, yeah.

Margaery seems perfectly aware of the murder of Joffrey (she was drinking from the cup) and admittedly Tommen is far more pleasant and less psychotic, but it shows that she's not above murder.

She's not above the murder of a psychotic, murderous monster, but I don't think she could make herself kill Tommen. As I said, Olenna is the Tyrell that I could see being behind any assassination attempt on Tommen.

Arya wouldn't be offered it as she knows Tommen. Jaqen is possible on the other hand.

Do we know to what "limit" that rule is enforced? I mean, she "knows him" in that she's probably laid eyes on him before. I don't think they've really interacted.

Besides, she'd probably lie either way. I bet she'd jump at the chance to wreak vengeance on the Lannisters with her new FM abilities.

i think tommen will be thrown down by the targs, not killed though. he will end up as lord of casterly rock. after all he is still tywins grandson and jamies son. incest laws in westeros apply to houses??? the Freys?? Boltons?? cant remember any other houses..

i think tommen will be thrown down by the targs, not killed though. he will end up as lord of casterly rock. after all he is still tywins grandson and jamies son. incest laws in westeros apply to houses??? the Freys?? Boltons?? cant remember any other houses..

The prophecy says all Cersei's children will die though.

Poor kid. At least I hope his kitties survive.

1) Aegon appears to be winning so the Tyrells off Tommen (and maybe Myrcella) to save their asses, curry favor with Aegon and have an unmarried remarkably-still-intact daughter to peddle to Aegon.

2) He and Myrcella are victims of symmetry: Aegon/Jon Connington/Arianne/some Sand Snake kill them in revenge for the deaths of Rhaenys and Aegon/anonymous baby. [And Cersei has to die for Elia.]

Archived