How does Tommen die?

Lord Ben

But that still counts doesn't it, he still fled. I'm thinking King James II and the Jacobins in England. It doesn't matter if your fleeing death, once you flee you become exile and foreit your right. Though I think has it in that all the nobles recognised a change of dynasty to the Baratheon's. If Cersei stepped out and said they were Lannisters, that they were seizing the throne and all the nobles agreed then I'd accept them as rulers by conquest.

I do still think possessing Royal blood counts (as Robert did), you see in English history the effort made by new dynasties to emphasise there bloodlines (I'm thinking Tudors and King Cnut in particular). This became important in Europe after the Crisis of the third century in the Roman Empire where every general with an army decided to declare themselves emperor and you got a different emperor a year with all the civil wars.

I think Apple Martini's point about all the Nobles agreeing is on the mark. Without their agreement, probably nothing matters. The hook of royal blood or right of conquest is just a tool to getting Noble agreement.

To wit, why Robert Baratheon and not Jaime Lannister? Because nobody was gonna go for the latter, because it was perceived that he killed Aerys in an unhonorable fashion, so they wouldn't agree to have Jaime as king. On the other hand, they could agree on Robert because he and his sizable army would freaking kill anyone who wouldn't agree.

He will be killed when King's Landing falls to Aegon.

Of all the silliness that folks talk about in this thread, this one was the most painful one so thefore knowing GRRM it is the most logical one.

Queen Dany will need to unseat Aegon if he is a pretender or join him if he is legitimate. The children suffer so much . .. .

• 2 months later...

there is a chance for poetic justice here. ser gregor killed the targarean girl. she had three kittens i if i remember correctly. maybe gregor kills tommen. that fits the writing style for poetic justice.

Maybe he'll get grayscale, I'd like to see more grayscale.

But seriously I think it will be Cersei

I bet most if not all who rubbed tyroins head get it. An ironic twist since they did it for luck

Varys seems to be stepping up onto the "murder" stage. Perhaps he kills him himself so when/if Aegon arrives the Lannister don't have a strong claim to the throne (since Tommen is a "Baratheon"), the heir would be ............Stannis!!! nevermind about Varys. Uh.

Myrcella was promised to Trystane Martell wasn't she?

Yes, she's still in Dorne. I don't think Doran would let any (further) harm come to her, even if her family were to fall out of power.

Maybe they'll send him to the wall where he'll become the next Varamyr sixskins with his mixed pack of shadowcats and domesticated castle felines.

Apparently, bastards made by married men are morally very, very different than those made by women.

I think it's more about those made by Starks and those made by Lannisters. Cause you know, Ned was honorable and Cat was a caring mother; but Robert was abusive and distant (at best) and Cersei is an evil bitch.

Archived