and why is two men kissing who are in love and both a very important part of the books a "why bother?" compared to unimportant characters who are clearly in a scene just for the gratuitous sex? Yes, yes, and it was to show some of LF's true personality as well.

I absolutely agree.

Loras/Renly scene was a nice change of pace from the usual random whores popping up with no clothes on. It shows an insight into their relationship, which is important for what happens next. They're one of the only genuine couples in the series, they deserve some screen time together. I can't with people saying 'it served no purpose.'

Best episode of the season so far in my opinion. It did a better job than the last episode of not being too rushed and choppy. Theon's scenes were fantastic - although I hate the character!

Theon rant was not in the book. Great episode though and I did like the rant. Shows his vulnerability and his want to be apart of a family. Starks never treated him like family and neither do the Greyjoys who are his family.

No no, not as in storyline. I totally get that. And whether they are "very important" or not is kind of arguable.

Simply put, I just can't wrap my head around why two men would be attracted to each other. Men are at best unattractive to begin with. Like...George Clooney or this Loras fellow. So Not Hot. So why bother?

Renly and Loras aren't quite prominent characters? They don't have POVs and aren't the biggest stars in the series, but they are definitely more prominent than random whores.

The reason it's so not hot too you is because you are not gay. Not every scene or storyline is going to be something that you can relate to. That doesn't mean that writers just "shouldn't bother."

Edited by dannister

Renly and Loras aren't quite prominent characters, particular? They don't have POVs and aren't the biggest stars in the series, but they are definitely more prominent than random whores.

well, Renly drives the plotline for Stannis for a short time, so I guess he's important that way. Loras, well...he's totally a pawn.

The reason it's so not hot too you is because you are not gay. Not every scene or storyline is going to be something that you can relate to. That doesn't mean that writers just "shouldn't bother."

No, not the writers! The characters! Like...what's the attraction?

You have a good point...I don't/can't relate.

Sansa does not have Stockholm Syndrome. She feels no love or true loyalty to her captors. She sure pretends too, however. She has too.

I don't disagree. But Sansa has been traumatized. As others have observed, did you notice how much she looked like Cersei this episode? She is doing her best to identify herself with her captors, to make herself less vulnerable. She is saying all the "right" words.

Hence the importance of Sansa's scene with Shae. She is desperately looking for an ally. Tonight's episode brilliantly and subtly expressed the plight of poor Sansa.

No no, not as in storyline. I totally get that. And whether they are "very important" or not is kind of arguable.

Simply put, I just can't wrap my head around why two men would be attracted to each other. Men are at best unattractive to begin with. Like...George Clooney or this Loras fellow. So Not Hot. So why bother?

I hope you're joking.

Edited by smidget25

Simply put, I just can't wrap my head around why two men would be attracted to each other. Men are at best unattractive to begin with.

Wow. Just wow. I don’t think I’ve ever met even a lesbian who would dare such an awful thing. And at least they wouldn’t have to see the object of their loathing in the mirror each morning.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Wow. Just wow. I don’t think I’ve ever meant even a lesbian who would dare such a thing. And at least they wouldn’t have to see the object of their loathing in the mirror each morning.

Now "loathing" is crossing the line.

I just said unattractive.

Stop making things up.

Renly and Loras aren't quite prominent characters? They don't have POVs and aren't the biggest stars in the series, but they are definitely more prominent than random whores.

I thought it was hot and I'm not gay :D

I was a giggling fool when Renly said "I want to pray. Alone."

Oh oh something I hadn't mentioned before...maybe I'm easy to please, but I liked the Sansa scene. She's a 15 year old (I think that's her age in the show?) who's held captive by the family who killed her father. I didn't see her as "bratty" toward Shae. I found her to be more broken down and way too depressed to deal with someone.

So looking back one other thing that has caught my eye/attention was that the conversation between Bran and the Maester Luwin in the books takes place after the arrival of Reed's children, Meera and Jojen. Jojen tries to share his dreams from the greenvision which sparks that whole conversation among some other interesting things like Summer and Shaggydog going nuts, Bran being called a warg, etc. I'm wondering if we will see the Reed children here next week now that we are also seeing the Greyjoy's preparing to move out?!