I really enjoyed the seeing the scene of Cersei's and Tyrion's confrontation in TV. I think Lena Headey delivered Cersei's emotions very well. How she feels threatened by not being able to control what is developing around her, especially.

I also thought the 'get out' but was played perfectly, and encapsulated why she has trouble as a leader: her reaction to the unfavorable is to reject it.

Yeah, I guess she's not a maiden afterall. I wonder if GRRM agrees.

There's always been a lot of debate about whether Margaery was really a virgin. The show's just playing that up some more and the word of Renly to his queen may not be exact either.

Yoren was a total badass right to the end loved it!

Pycelles arrest was funny the looks between Tyrion and Bronn the 2 actors are great together.

Also 'chop off his manhood and feed it to the goats', 'there are no goats halfman', 'well make do'

FWIW, I heard a lot more of Aiden Gillen's natural accent in this episode, particularly when he was so furious with Tyrion. He's normally very good at accent consistency, so I'm not sure what was up. But then, compared to the otherwise-excellent Peter Dinklage, you'd practically think Gillen was a born Englishman. :lol:

I have a theory there...I think it's plausable to think that The Fingers would have a different accent/dialect to standard/high Westerosi - it's fairly secluded and remote.

I can see Littlefinger throwing a bit of "posh" into his voice so that he better fits in with the lord's, nobles and the small council.

When his temper is up, he could lose some control and slip a bit with his "voice"

Then again, Gillen is Irish, could have been a stuff up (surely the director/producers would notice such an error?)

I really noticed the Irish accent in ep. 2.

Hadn't even figured his as Irish before that. Knew his accent wasn't exactly on, but didn't think too much about it.

But in Ep 2 it was like 'oh, he's Irish.'

Edited by James Arryn

Apparently two men kissing for 10 seconds with their clothes on freaks people out but 5 minutes of seeing women writhing all over each other completely naked is A. Ok....

What’s even worse is the idea that pimp-managed prostitution and rough sex is better than an honest and caring relationship. The clincher was the idea that “only the ladies” would like to see that kind of thing on TV.

That just isn’t right. It’s rather distressing, actually.

Just a quick side note (hope it hasn't been mentioned yet) but some of my favorite lines in the book were missing from the show. One is when Arya tells Lommy to Yield and notices that Got Pie is "still yielding" and of course when Arya yells out "for Winterfell" and Hot Pie yells "for Hot Pie!". Also love the knowing look that Jaquen gives Arya when she tosses him the axe.

Just a quick side note (hope it hasn't been mentioned yet) but some of my favorite lines in the book were missing from the show. One is when Arya tells Lommy to Yield and notices that Got Pie is "still yielding" and of course when Arya yells out "for Winterfell" and Hot Pie yells "for Hot Pie!". Also love the knowing look that Jaquen gives Arya when she tosses him the axe.

That scene moved so fast it gave me a headache. I really wanted the "HOT PIE!" yell too :( Kind of like the "Casterly Rock!" line. hah.

Apparently two men kissing for 10 seconds with their clothes on freaks people out but 5 minutes of seeing women writhing all over each other completely naked is A. Ok....

This is pretty much what I said as well. Gotta love them double standards.

So am I the only one really wondering how the Reek and Jeyne scene is going to be portrayed? I am not looking forward to that one.

If I had to rank the top three scenes from tonight it would have to be

1. Tyrion and Cersei. It is rare when the tv show scene surpasses the book scene and this was one of those moments. Lena is adding layers to Cersei that is much welcomed.

2. Theon telling Balon that he gave him up and is now chastising him for coming back. Heartbreaking and makes Theon's story-arc that more interesting.

3. Yoren's dramatic stand against Amory Lorch. Took five Lannister minions to bring him down. He is the definition of badass.

Anyone else with me when I say im not loving the Jaqen character at all? His look is spot on but his voice isn't really in sync with his manner of speaking. I feel that the whole "This man" routine works better with a slower, deeper voice. As of yet Jaqen doesn't exude enough otherworldly mysticism for what he is, maybe this will change at Harrenhall.

And some people are actually referring to it as a "SEX SCENE!!!" That is what made me so angry with my friend.

That’s why I asked where they came from. I live in a college town, and it’s pretty normal to see young couples walking around hand in hand of all gender combinations. It’s not a big deal. It’s like these people who are grossing out over seeing a couple of hot guys making out have never been exposed to healthy relationships and real affection before. I don’t know how that can happen in this era. It’s really scary.