DC BwB: DC United match September 15 vs New England

Inigima

Hey DC crew,

How would you like to go see some proper footie in September? We are contemplating going to see the DC United match against the New England Revolution on September 15th, and while I think we can beat them anyway -- we just did, after all -- it would be lovely if we could improve their chances further by attending. United's morale can only be improved if we help to raise the average attractiveness of the crowd, so we would be delighted to have as many of you as possible.

DC play at RFK Stadium, and tickets range from $30-60. Curiously, some of the better seats are $30 and some of the crappier ones are $60. We will probably aim for the $30 tickets so that we can keep costs as low as possible.

Check in here if you'd be interested please!

EDIT: I've just looked into the EPL match being played at Ravens Stadium as well. Mercenary Chef and I are strongly considering attending this too. It's Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool; we will likely be attempting to get seats in the Spurs fan section, but this is negotiable if you are scum. This match is scheduled for July 28, see here for details: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Ravenstown/Schedule/Events/2012/07/Baltimore_Premier_League_Soccer.aspx

EDIT 2: We did the EPL friendly, it owned, this one is gonna own too, come on down. Thread title changed to remove the friendly per kair's suggestion since it's over and the thread title was long and confusing.

Nice! Mr. X and I will be going to the Spurs match at Red Bull Arena (I am pretty sure that when we saw Thierry Henry's MLS debut, it was actually against Spurs as well). Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to make it down for the Sept 15 match. Lots of crap (including marathon training) happening during that part of the year.

I know nothing about footy, but will have been in Annapolis for 2 weeks as of Sep 15, and I'll have a car so I won't have to bum around with Elro this time! Count me in!

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Actually had no idea this was happening. Intriguing....

(I am pretty sure that when we saw Thierry Henry's MLS debut, it was actually against Spurs as well)

Yup. Henry's first game and first goal for NY.

Looking to get tickets in the Spurs end. Decent seats are available still. Looking to make the purchase by Monday on MC's day off.

We will purchase on the behalf of others to guarantee group seating. PM MC with Paypal info by Sunday night. Tickets are 65.65 w fees.

Looking to get tickets in the Spurs end. Decent seats are available still. Looking to make the purchase by Monday on MC's day off.

We will purchase on the behalf of others to guarantee group seating. PM MC with Paypal info by Sunday night. Tickets are 65.65 w fees.

I will PM Chef, but indicating my desire to buy at least one ticket. I may be representing others who want to go as well but i don't know if that kind of outlay is something you're up for, this shit gets expensive fast.

Others: please note that this is for the July 28 Premier League game in Baltimore (Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool), not the September MLS game (DC United v New England).

Footy on July 28 in Baltimore sounds awesome. Beam me up into this. The only thing is you will have to go easy on me because this will be my first proper match. I guess that means I will end up becoming a Spurs fan since I'll be going with Spurs fans. I hope this isn't like signing my soul away into a Yankees-like realm of evil.

No, that would be if you supported ManUnited. Also, if you were talking about the BwB being the people you attend with, almost no one in this thread (save me and Mr. X) are Spurs supporters. MC and Kair support Newcastle and Ini is a West Ham supporter. So, you are in danger of supporting a team that is awesome until it is woeful (Spurs), a schizophrenic pack of ne'er-do-wells with a psychotic management and fanbase (Newcastle), or the saddest sacks not currently in the Premier League because they got relegated (West Ham). That said, at least West Ham can claim to have one of the classic heavy metal bands (Iron Maiden) as fans. UP THE IRONS!!! Oh, you lucky bastard, you!

Well, that's quite a set of choices. Maybe I'll just go along with the schizophrenic ne'er-do-wells so I end up on the same side as the psychos.

Though, being a fan of one MLB team that would probably end up being relegated (Orioles) maybe I feel some sympathies for West Ham. They'll be back! Or not. I don't know.

If you google "if EPL Teams were MLB" you will get a variety of articles on the subject, either with just MLB teams or with all US sports franchises. The one constant is that Manchester United = NY Yankees. But you can also go by this forum-appropriate equivalency chart: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/22795/game-of-thrones-to-english-premier-league-converter

The kicker made me laugh and laugh.

Ah well you see Xray the Hammers have maneuvered into a position where they cannot help but enjoy a positive result. This can only go one of two ways: either we win promotion back into the Premier League, or we get to spend another season pissing in Millwall's cornflakes. ALL PART OF THE MASTER PLAN.

I sent mine off to Chef earlier today. Now for July to get here!

BTW, Kair mentioned to me in a PM that there was a thought of making a day of sports binging out of it. The Orioles stadium is right next door to the Ravens one and there's a 7pm game against the Oakland Athletics that evening. I'd be down for doubling up. We could post-game/pre-game at Pickles Pub between EPL and MLB.

Unless by some miracle the Orioles are in first place, we should be able to walk up and buy tickets for however many people that afternoon. Then sit pretty much wherever we feel like.

I sent mine off to Chef earlier today. Now for July to get here!

BTW, Kair mentioned to me in a PM that there was a thought of making a day of sports binging out of it. The Orioles stadium is right next door to the Ravens one and there's a 7pm game against the Oakland Athletics that evening. I'd be down for doubling up. We could post-game/pre-game at Pickles Pub between EPL and MLB.

Unless by some miracle the Orioles are in first place, we should be able to walk up and buy tickets for however many people that afternoon. Then sit pretty much wherever we feel like.

i am in for some baseball that day as well.

I'd love to go, but money is a bit tight since I'm moving. Looks like I already missed out on the group seating though. :( Thanks for the heads up kairparaval! I'd be in a better position to buy next month I think. Do these things sell out quickly?

I'd love to go, but money is a bit tight since I'm moving. Looks like I already missed out on the group seating though. :( Thanks for the heads up kairparaval! I'd be in a better position to buy next month I think. Do these things sell out quickly?

the spurs and liverpool supporters sections are all sold out. we got something near the spurs side.

Too bad. Not huge on footie, but I would've gone to this to hang out with ya'll. Unfortunately money's a bit too tight right now to commit to something like this (a problem which hopefully will be corrected right soon). Have fun!

So here's the thing I realized last night, after purchasing the tickets. We will have no idea what sort of lineups either team will be sending to 'merica for their friendly tour until very close to the games. Why? Euro 2012 and the London Olympics. For example, will Gareth Bale be with the Spurs in the States or Great Britain in the Olympics? There's an overlap there with Olympic soccer starting the last week of July. All we know for certain is that the FA has stated that any players that play for England in the Euro (which won't affect Bale) will not be eligible for the Olympics. So we won't know who is on the Euro teams til next month. And then the Olympics later than that. Not that any of this is super relevant, but some players you might want to see may not be coming over.

Archived