What would make you immediately stop reading and throw the book out the window

daggers

I wouldn't throw it out the window, but I would be really bummed out if any of the following happened:

Stannis dies in vain. I have a feeling he's gonna die eventually and I hope he dies for the greater good. Like fighting the Others on the Wall, not dying in a battle against The Bastard.

If UnCat hangs Jaime. This is probably the cruelest thing GRRM can do to me after reading the " Jaime's Redemption " part in ADwD.

If Davos dies on Skagos. If he gets Rickon out of there, he's one of the few people that actually have a chance of surviving until the end of the series.

If UnCat hangs Jaime. This is probably the cruelest thing GRRM can do to me after reading the " Jaime's Redemption " part in ADwD.

I'm still carrying Bran's banner, so I can't say I would be very sorry if Jaime died. I would be frustrated, I shan't lie, but I wouldn't shed bitter tears. Those were for Ned and Robb.

I'm still carrying Bran's banner, so I can't say I would be very sorry if Jaime died. I would be frustrated, I shan't lie, but I wouldn't shed bitter tears. Those were for Ned and Robb.

I'm not saying what Jaime did was a good thing, but really, it was the only thing he could have done. He couldn't let something like that go public. Both him and Cersei would have lost their heads.

Yes, Stannis dying in vain would be awful. He's come too far for that.

I don't think I'd throw the book out the window though. Maybe a deep breath and a cup of tea before carrying on...

I'm not saying what Jaime did was a good thing, but really, it was the only thing he could have done. He couldn't let something like that go public. Both him and Cersei would have lost their heads.

What annoys me is how he fails to reflect on it afterwards. He regrets it now only because it made Cersei mad at him and maybe because it was yet another stain on his honour. There's no real emotional turmoil or overpowering guilt, which you'd expect a decent person to experience if they were "forced" to do such a thing. Jaime is far more concerned about Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all we know.

Yes, Stannis dying in vain would be awful. He's come too far for that.

I don't think I'd throw the book out the window though. Maybe a deep breath and a cup of tea before carrying on...

What annoys me is how he fails to reflect on it afterwards. He regrets it now only because it made Cersei mad at him and maybe because it was yet another stain on his honour. There's no real emotional turmoil or overpowering guilt, which you'd expect a decent person to experience if they were "forced" to do such a thing. Jaime is far more concerned about Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all we know.

Even though he's more sympathetic, he's still no Ned Stark, if you catch my drift.

Stannis dying. At this point It's not only my love for Stannis and Davos, but the desire for revenge on behalf of the Starks and Tullys that keeps me invested in him.

Sansa or Jaime dying would make me very sad. In my opinion they're the best written characters in these books and Sansa happens to be my favorite character so far. Also Stannis dying pointlessly would frustrate me. If he's not to survive long he at least deserves a worthy end.

Archived